Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 08:50   #46
God Member

Re: Tropical Fish

Not going anywhere near angel fish.. I remeber them from last time.. Julie has been looking up which are aggresive, semi or none aggressive fish so keeping away from the worse

the one on carrs is poor.. certainly not as good as the one in harwood that was only let down by poor staff. having looked at the bolton ones website i am looking forward to going there... cant buy any more fish until weekend though so will have to wait it out
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
the one on carrs is poor.. certainly not as good as the one in harwood that was only let down by poor staff.
Hmmm it's really changed since we last kept fish and I have to agree, although they've cleaned it up a lot, it is rather poor now. I'll take a look to the Harwood one soon, see if that's improved. I never rated that one highly before.
Old 03-07-2006, 15:51   #48
God Member

any pics of your fish kipax...also with the frogs do they just go in with the fish??? never had any of them before but they sound good......do they just live in the water constantly or do they need somewhere to perch out of the water??
Old 03-07-2006, 16:08   #49
God Member

Frogs stay at bottom of tank... hide a lot of time... very small.. every now and then they dart to top and back down again... very quick... to get air presumably

Going to Bolton on Sunday for more fish
Old 03-07-2006, 16:18   #50
God Member

kool where did you get them from????? a few of my neon tetra died other night so going to have water tested again this weekend to see if theres anythiung wrong with it but none of the others are suffering so dont expect anything will be wrong.....been told my a friend that it could be the stress of a new tank etc could have killed them ???
Old 03-07-2006, 16:23   #51
God Member

Yes I do believe stress can be a killer.. I got these from the petshop round the corner from me here in accy.
Old 03-07-2006, 19:17   #52
Senior Member+

i can believe how expensive bogwood is though

25 quid for a piece of wood that soemoen is selling for £3 plust £4p+p!!

quite a few fishes on ebay - found out last nite! anyone ordered any off them? i'm thinkin of gettin soem more shrimps from there cherry shrimps
Old 03-07-2006, 19:38   #53
Senior Member+

but i'm glad that gt harwood store made u guys feel unwanted

i was gettin para it was just me!! *L*
Old 03-07-2006, 20:56   #54
God Member

Old 03-07-2006, 22:03   #55
I am Banned

Awwww great picture of the frog kipax, i wish mine had survived hence gave up tropical & now cold water. They are so good to watch specially if you have a few of them.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 22:19   #56
God Member

OMG! We went to the Harwood one today WOW! What an improvement! Sorry if I ramble here but I was well impressed (small things amuse small minds and all that )

Those 2 gorgeous sharks! That giraffe catfish and those rays.

They had a good selection of tank fish to. I like those elephant knife fish, they were weird

Looking forward to having my tank up and ready now!
Old 04-07-2006, 22:35   #57
God Member

yes the harwood one is great in that respect ... wait until you want someone to serve you them fish though... you will be lucky if you get someone who actually treats you like they want your custom..

lets get a minibus to bolton and we can all go hahaha.. only kidding.. i am passing on sunday so i am going... 400 tanks ??? wow
Old 05-07-2006, 03:35   #58
Senior Member+

next thing u know we'll be asking for a group discount at blackpool seaworld

*oh god i'm planting ideas into peoples heads again!*

kipax - what foot tank is that? a 5?
Old 05-07-2006, 08:18   #59
God Member

optical illusion mani.. its a 4 but only 15 inch high.. i think the norm is 18 high.... looks longer like this..

Already julie haer her eye on one of those big square like tanks in purpuse built cabinet..... i ahve unleashed a tropical fish monstor
Old 05-07-2006, 10:43   #60
Senior Member+

to be honest i do want a corner monster tank myself - maybe a marine one this time around but they're damned expensive and imagine tryna reach in and clean that sucka

but there's a few things i'd do differently if i started a 2nd tank - put in a decent back ground one of them 3d ones they look awesome.

and undergravel filter...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..