Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 09:22   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Tropical Fish

yeah alot of the plant survival rate is dependant on hte light quality not just how much htey get - u can buy tubes which are more "white" in light rather than the ones u get with the tank.

tinks - reading minds isnt my mutant power!! *L* would be awesome if it was - lets just say u wudnt b the only female i would finally understand!!

steveo - i've not ordered off ebay but i have ordered plants off a java website http://www.java-plants.com/ came in tip top condition and couldnt fault it really. but make sure u give them a good soakin b4 hand in cold water - get rid of the snails and any other nasty's

and lets be honest - doesnt every fish look that much more cooler in the shop tanks than it does in ours?
Old 10-07-2006, 21:21   #92
God Member

Sorry but I just gotta post my only fish funny.... as heard on big brother about two years ago (i dont watch it.. was relayed to me...honest)

If I had two fish I would call them One and Two...

Then if one died I would still have two

Is it just me or is that really funny
Old 11-07-2006, 15:10   #93
God Member

got some more fish today so in total i now have 8 neon tetras, 2 clown loaches, 4 red phantom tetras, 2 swordtale red platys

Had water tested again and all is ok
Old 12-07-2006, 20:39   #94

Talking Re: Tropical Fish

I bought two cooli looch about two months ago and put them in as you do and never really saw them again, i got the odd climsp of a tail but never really saw them..Last friday after being inspired by this thread i decided to give my tank a bit of a spruce up and moved some rocks round to find them hiding under them. Since then the have been swimming round like mad the cant keep still they are really cool and different to look at i also had two little cat fish that never moved from under one of the rocks which also now cant stop spinning around the tank.
Old 14-07-2006, 02:45   #95
Senior Member+

ugh

i had two khuli loaches too

dunno wat happened to them

i got a feelin they're actually alive hidin under the filter
Old 20-07-2006, 20:45   #96
God Member

sad I know.. but heres some pretty clear pics of my fishtank inc siamese fighting fish

http://hyndburn.fotopic.net/c1027491.html
Old 21-07-2006, 12:39   #97

Talking Re: Tropical Fish

Great pics i wil have to do some....What is the stripey purple fish No 8729 i think looks a really nice fish???
Old 21-07-2006, 12:54   #98
God Member

lol looking good kipax are they all plastic plants now??? also what are those fighting fish like? do they live up to their names, always liked the look of them but name has always put me off

also think im going to make a trip over to the one where you bought your frogs from. where about is it?
Old 21-07-2006, 13:00   #99
God Member

Plants are half and half

Fighting fish is only gonna fight if you put another fighting fish in... It will nip at anything with flowing tails/fins .. For example we like the look of the ghost fish but was told the siamese would prob rip it apart All in all it mixes well wiht the others.. The 5 zebra still run the tank and chase anything they want.. inc the fighter.. Its nice.. always on show and looks good when the lights are on..

Frog shop.. gonna test water again today.. is up side of george hotel pub on blackburn rd;... or is it called last orders now? under choo choo bridge and there it is... can get to it coming down from globe toward blackburn rd..
Old 22-07-2006, 05:04   #100
Senior Member+

its on scaitcliffe street off blackburn rd - almost opposite that bingo place
Old 22-07-2006, 16:54   #101
God Member

found the shop cheers, bought 6 glowlight fish and two frogs didnt have no fighter fish so will pop over to blackburn some time soon

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..