Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2009, 17:50   #31

Re: 13 year old dad

he looks no older then my youngest son who is 8 , did the parents not teach them about the birds and the bee,s , my kids are 16 , 14 , 13, 8 , and 7 , the older ones are all boys , i sat my children down at ten and told them about sex babys and s,t,ds , then they watch labour programs on sky , my kids know everythin , soon it will be my too youngest turn for them to go though the same teachings as the boys , why have the parents not done more to educate these kids , my daughter is 7 and already know about what is goin to happen to her as she becomes a young lady ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2009, 17:53   #32

Well if that was one of my children im afraid id be mortified.and in this day and age there is just no need for it.
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 17:55   #33
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

He was only 12 when they had the sex!!
If you ask me that girl should be prosecuted, she doesnt look like a full shilling.
Poor lad didnt even know what financially meant!!, poor sod looked totally embarrassed when the 'girlfriend' laughed!!....video here...
Dad at 13 | Boy Alfie Patten, 13, becomes father of baby girl Maisie with girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15 | The Sun |News

He looks younger than my son!!
Old 13-02-2009, 20:25   #34
God Member

I just find this very sad for all concerned.
Old 13-02-2009, 20:35   #35
Senior Member+

I've just shown and read this report to my niece and nephew (13 & 11) who are stopping the night. They were both shocked by this but thought it may be a good way of helping to teach them what can and obviously does happen (every little thing helps)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 20:45   #36
Senior Member+

Sadly enough showing this to kids of that age is probably THE best sex education lesson for them, THE best birth control. The look on my 13 year old daughter's face when she saw the photos spoke volumes.
Old 13-02-2009, 21:21   #37
Passed away 25-11-09

It's very sad that children of that age have sexual relationships. Kids have always had sexual feelings and curiosity, that's nothing new, but in years gone by they knew that promiscuity was a "no-no" and the prevailing morality stopped them from "experimenting".

There are no guidelines anymore. No one turns a hair when an unmarried, teenaged girl gets pregnant and everyone falls over themselves to give out "advice" to kids who should still be innocent (not ignorant). Everywhere you look there is casual sex and immorality. I am not a prude, far from it, but I do not like the casual way sex is dealt with in the media etc. It makes it cheap and "dispensible" but, in reality, the consequences are certainly not.
Old 13-02-2009, 21:24   #38

Its a shame that they arre so young, but to the people who said they should all be placed in care, what a load of.....

The lad despite being young is facing upto his responsibilitys, sure he doesnt know how much things cost and has no income but is money important to the baby....NO.

I know people twice his age with kids who couldn't care less about them, i beleive this lad has every chance of being a good dad, it will be a steep learning curve but it is for all first time parents.

Me and my girlfriend are still relatively young and have 2 kids, people said we wouldn't be able to cope, we proved them wrong.

So good luck to the three of them and i hope everything works out well for them.

BTW i dont suppport or encourage children so young to have kids but the baby is here now so they might aswell be given the opportunity to show people they can manage.
Old 13-02-2009, 21:51   #39
God Member

[quote=Speedy;679641]Its a shame that they arre so young, but to the people who said they should all be placed in care, what a load of.....

Its not a load of tosh ..... I agree with cashy they need educating properly and seeing as the parents have failed to do itsomeone should take them hand.

The lad despite being young is facing upto his responsibilitys, sure he doesnt know how much things cost and has no income but is money important to the baby....NO.

As for facing upto his responsibilities now that is rubbish. This is a small youngster who in a few months will want to be back out with his mates playing football and following the icecream van. Did you see the news at tea time? he barely understood the simple questions the reporter asked him He didnt have a clue what to say when asked how he was going to support that child.

I know people twice his age with kids who couldn't care less about them, i beleive this lad has every chance of being a good dad, it will be a steep learning curve but it is for all first time parents.

Agree there are people out there twice his age that dont look after thier kids but that dosent make this right imo. This lad has every chance of being a good dad sure, but when the time is right. He is still very much a child himself
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 22:02   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Its not a load of tosh ..... I agree with cashy they need educating properly and seeing as the parents have failed to do itsomeone should take them hand.

As for facing upto his responsibilities now that is rubbish. This is a small youngster who in a few months will want to be back out with his mates playing football and following the icecream van. Did you see the news at tea time? he barely understood the simple questions the reporter asked him He didnt have a clue what to say when asked how he was going to support that child.

Agree there are people out there twice his age that dont look after thier kids but that dosent make this right imo. This lad has every chance of being a good dad sure, but when the time is right. He is still very much a child himself
1. Bit late to teach them about the birds and the bees, so why not educate them on how to give there child the best future.

2. Atleast the lad is trying, sure he might want to go out with his friends in a few months but now the baby is here shouldnt we atleast allow him the chance to prove himself (whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty, this lad has been pre-judged by most of you, just because he's young and baby faced doesnt make him incapable). i didnt see the news so cant comment on that bit (however i would like to make the point that this lad has probably never been on tv before and id probably struggle to answer basic questions with a news crew surrounding me, i imagine it would be quite daunting).

3. I never said it made it right, my point is that there is a baby involved in this situation and the baby should be put first, someones age is not representive of there maturity or thier ability to be a good parent.
Old 13-02-2009, 22:03   #41
Passed away 25-11-09

Who matters most in this terrible triangle? Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's that poor little baby.

Left to her parents, the mite stands little chance of achieving a fulfilled and rounded life. She will, no doubt, be a parent herself while still in her teens, poorly educated and socially inadequate.

The infantile parents are enough of a pointer to where Society is going wrong. The baby deserves, but won't get, so much better.
Old 13-02-2009, 22:13   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
i beleive this lad has every chance of being a good dad,
I'll give him 2 weeks max
Old 13-02-2009, 22:21   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
1. Bit late to teach them about the birds and the bees, so why not educate them on how to give there child the best future.

2. Atleast the lad is trying, sure he might want to go out with his friends in a few months but now the baby is here shouldnt we atleast allow him the chance to prove himself (whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty, this lad has been pre-judged by most of you, just because he's young and baby faced doesnt make him incapable). i didnt see the news so cant comment on that bit (however i would like to make the point that this lad has probably never been on tv before and id probably struggle to answer basic questions with a news crew surrounding me, i imagine it would be quite daunting).

3. I never said it made it right, my point is that there is a baby involved in this situation and the baby should be put first, someones age is not representive of there maturity or thier ability to be a good parent.

Yes it is to late for the birds and bees talk but there are other areas they should be taught before we end up with another tragedy on our tvs.
I think Putting a baby with two young kids like this is a terrible mistake.
They will not be the ones looking after it. they will be too busy hanging out with thier mates.
First he will want to do and sure as hell shes not gonna want to be stuck with a baby.
and again what message is it sending out to our teenage society. Personally they should be made an example of and that baby should be taken away. Sorry if that offends you but thats my opinion.
It stands more of a chance of a decent life.

The interview was just a recording BTW so little intimidation there .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 22:24   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Who matters most in this terrible triangle? Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's that poor little baby.

Left to her parents, the mite stands little chance of achieving a fulfilled and rounded life. She will, no doubt, be a parent herself while still in her teens, poorly educated and socially inadequate.

The infantile parents are enough of a pointer to where Society is going wrong. The baby deserves, but won't get, so much better.
So purely because the babys parents are young they are unable to raise a child to become a decent member of society?

Couldnt disagree with the part i have underlined more, some of the most successful people in the world came from a under privaliged upbringing.
Old 13-02-2009, 22:29   #45

I love the way a lot of you are jumping to conclusions about whats going to happen to this baby when shes a teenager, she isnt even a week old and she has already been painted out as a deadbeat waste of time who will not contribute to society.

What chance do children these days have when they are pre-judged so harshly.

And hows taking the baby away going to show other teenagers that getting pregnant is a bad idea? in my eyes it would be more a case of "oh you dont need to wear a condom if i have a baby it will be taken off me anyway so its fine lets just do it without protection" IMHO terrible idea.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..