Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 00:10   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 13 year old dad

to most who saw them the lad is 13,going on 10/11 ask yerself how n why this happened.
Old 14-02-2009, 00:12   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Got a feeling that there is more to this than meets the eye.
Think I'd be taking tests to prove who the father is.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 00:13   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I can understand the point about financially they will have to claim benifits, however, as both are under 16 the only benefit they will be eligible for is child benefit (which IIRC is only £20ish).

Whats to say they wont both leave school with amazing exam results and go on to become doctors or laywers? (yes i realise its very unlikely but it is possible).

I really hate the way this topic has been worded by some, judging purely off what the story reports and not considering the million and one side notes that MAY have been excluded from the story.

Its easy to look at this story and say they wont be any good as parents, but I personally see that as being very judgemental and wrong. Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, and how do we know how well they will cope as parents, none of us have met this lad or the girl (who seems to be getting off lightly, whys everything targeting the boy?). For all we know they could be the most amazing parents ever.

And i agree the statistics are against them, but 98% of statistics are BS anyway.
The facts are really very simple.

This child has a mother who is 15, and a father who is 13.

Thet aren't in a position to financially care for their child, we'll have to see to that. So the public are very entitled to comment on this sad case.

Judging from the immature, verging on the hideously naive comments the parents made, it is unlikely these two young people will be providing much in the way of a emotional support either.

Luckily, according to NSPCC guidelines, at thirteen he is just legally old enough to baby sit his child...once he's home from school, finished his homework, and providing his little friends don't call to see if he's playing out.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 00:17   #64
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If you can blame the parents for things like this, do we also lock up the parents of rapists/murderers/muggers/car thiefs etc etc.....because they were obviously in the wrong for not educating thier children aswell.
If the perpetrator of the crime is still a child, and supposedly in the care of the parents, yes those should be locked up.

Old 14-02-2009, 00:18   #65

It appears that we are keeping the girls mother and her 5other siblings along with the boys fathers 9children.id love to of had 5 children and been given hand outs and sat at home all day long.
perhaps im old fashioned and have morals.
wont be long before this girl can go on her local council house list and live rent free
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 00:20   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Thet aren't in a position to financially care for their child, we'll have to see to that. So the public are very entitled to comment on this sad case.
Fair point, and im not trying to deny anyone thier right to have an opinion on the matter (freedom of speech and all that).

Im sure social services will be all over this situation, be curious to see what action (if any) they take.
Old 14-02-2009, 00:24   #67
Give, give, give member

'The omens for Chantelle and Alfie in the long term do not appear good. Britain's youngest known father is Sean Stewart, who was 12 at the time his girlfriend Emma Webster gave birth to their son in 1998. They broke up six months later.'

Teenage sister of boy who became a father at 13 had baby at same age | Mail Online

Old 14-02-2009, 00:27   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Fair point, and im not trying to deny anyone thier right to have an opinion on the matter (freedom of speech and all that).

Im sure social services will be all over this situation, be curious to see what action (if any) they take.
No legal action is to be taken against the girl for corrupting a minor.

Such cases have resulted in prosecutions when it was the boy who was 15, and the girl who was 12.

Old 14-02-2009, 00:30   #69

Quote:
No legal action is to be taken against the girl for corrupting a minor.

Such cases have resulted in prosecutions when it was the boy who was 15, and the girl who was 12.
I was referring more to the care of the baby rather than legal action against the parents.
Old 14-02-2009, 00:36   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I was referring more to the care of the baby rather than legal action against the parents.
'A joint agency investigation with East Sussex County Council Children's Services has taken place which has considered the needs of both individuals and there will be continued support for these two young people in the future."

East Sussex County Council said the young parents would receive "intensive" monitoring and health visitor support'

Boy who became father at 13 raises 'worrying' questions - Telegraph

Old 14-02-2009, 00:37   #71

Quote:
'The omens for Chantelle and Alfie in the long term do not appear good. Britain's youngest known father is Sean Stewart, who was 12 at the time his girlfriend Emma Webster gave birth to their son in 1998. They broke up six months later.'

Teenage sister of boy who became a father at 13 had baby at same age | Mail Online
Just read the article it gets worse and her parents allowing boys to stay over beggars believe.I must be so out of what is now socially accepted in some homes
Old 14-02-2009, 00:40   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
It appears that we are keeping the girls mother and her 5other siblings along with the boys fathers 9children.id love to of had 5 children and been given hand outs and sat at home all day long.
perhaps im old fashioned and have morals.
wont be long before this girl can go on her local council house list and live rent free
The boys father works.

Just worked out that the benifits they will recieve equate to only £5000 per person per year.......really doesnt seem all that much, its unlikely they are living a life of luxury off tax payers money.
Old 14-02-2009, 00:56   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The boys father works.

Just worked out that the benifits they will recieve equate to only £5000 per person per year.......really doesnt seem all that much, its unlikely they are living a life of luxury off tax payers money.
Well that's alright then. What planet are you on.I'm 57 worked for 45yrs and I don't get £5000 a year.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 01:02   #74

His father does work but doesnt live with the childs mother as they are seperated.
Old 14-02-2009, 01:43   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Well that's alright then. What planet are you on.I'm 57 worked for 45yrs and I don't get £5000 a year.
your flogging a dead horse here
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..