Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Market Hall Refurbishment (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/market-hall-refurbishment-51037.html)

heth 11-11-2010 21:39

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 860767)
He's the man who's being fingered as the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

Is that why he has always got that funny grin on his face................:D

heth 11-11-2010 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 860765)
I was very impressed that you can Google, (I've spent years trying to teach Jaysay), but THEN, you go and ruin it, by proving yourself to be a member of the masses,
Jeremy Kyle?

Who is he,?

I didnt actually say that I watched it tho, I hold down a job dont you know!!! And yes if I dont understand anything I either search or ask!!! You never learn anything if you dont find out!!! :D

garinda 11-11-2010 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860769)
Is that why he has always got that funny grin on his face................:D

He's been pointed at. With a finger.

Don't be so rude, or you can leave this studio now, and we won't read you your results.

You'll never know if Less is your biodegradable twin.

;)

cashman 11-11-2010 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860774)
I didnt actually say that I watched it tho, I hold down a job dont you know!!! And yes if I dont understand anything I either search or ask!!! You never learn anything if you dont find out!!! :D

oh i do that also, but tomorrow ive forgotten most things.:D

heth 11-11-2010 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 860800)
He's been pointed at. With a finger.

Don't be so rude, or you can leave this studio now, and we won't read you your results.

You'll never know if Less is your biodegradable twin.

;)

Me being rude?????;) Never!!!! :rofl38:
Not commenting on the other things you wrote!!!!! ;)

heth 11-11-2010 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 860805)
oh i do that also, but tomorrow ive forgotten most things.:D

Do you think I will be like that when I am your age?! ;)

ONLY JOKING DONT GET ME AT PLAY TIME PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!:D

cashman 11-11-2010 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860808)
Do you think I will be like that when I am your age?! ;)

ONLY JOKING DONT GET ME AT PLAY TIME PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!:D

Doubt it heth, i'm paying fer past sins.:D;)

heth 11-11-2010 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 860809)
Doubt it heth, i'm paying fer past sins.:D;)

I may be in the same boat with my past sins aswell!!! :D

jaysay 12-11-2010 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 860767)
He's the man who's being fingered as the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

Which Party the MRLP:D

jaysay 12-11-2010 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860810)

You little rascal heth:D

heth 12-11-2010 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 860828)
You little rascal heth:D

Aye afraid so!!! You have to live when your young aint you tho?! Time to settle down now at 27! :eek:

Less 12-11-2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860969)
Aye afraid so!!! You have to live when your young aint you tho?! Time to settle down now at 27! :eek:

Is that your waist size in inches?

Not bad for your age.
:cool:

heth 12-11-2010 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 860974)
Is that your waist size in inches?

Not bad for your age.
:cool:

Is that a compliment Less??!! :eek:

jaysay 13-11-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860991)

Don't be silly:D:D

Less 13-11-2010 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860991)

Had to google for it:-

Compliment may be
  • An expression of praise, congratulation or encouragement.
I didn't know such words existed.
;)

jaysay 13-11-2010 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 861079)
Had to google for it:-

Compliment may be
  • An expression of praise, congratulation or encouragement.
I didn't know such words existed.
;)

There was me thinking you were a man of letters Less:rolleyes::D

Less 13-11-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 861082)
There was me thinking you were a man of letters Less:rolleyes::D

Usually I can manage to string four of 'em together.
:D

jaysay 13-11-2010 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 861084)
Usually I can manage to string four of 'em together.
:D

Is that before or after the research centre ;)

lancsdave 13-11-2010 11:50

Seems there is a new plan to increase the footfall in the Market Hall. Rumour has it they are going to eventually close Peel St Toilets so it forces people to use the Market Hall ones.

flashy 13-11-2010 12:23

those piggin toilets in the market hall GRRRRR

had my little niece the other week and i needed to change her nappy, i went to Peel St toilets and there was no one in to open the baby changing room for me, there was a note up saying that they also have baby changing facilities in the market hall, i trudged round there, up the lift, walked all the way around the top looking for the piggin toilets (they aren't signposted) after looking for ages for the baby changing still couldn't find it so i ended up having to take Sammi-Leigh into the ladies and had to change her on the window sill, does anyone actually know where the baby changing facilities are in the market hall?

MargaretR 13-11-2010 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 861104)
Seems there is a new plan to increase the footfall in the Market Hall. Rumour has it they are going to eventually close Peel St Toilets so it forces people to use the Market Hall ones.

I can't see how they can get away with doing that if the Market Hall toilets are 'upstairs' - disabled access via one small lift seems very inadequate - by the time they get there the need will have pa(i)ssed;)

Neil 13-11-2010 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 860810)

I bet yours are not as bad as Cashy's :D:D

jaysay 13-11-2010 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 861132)

Well everybody knows cashy, he's famous or:confused::confused:is that infamous:D

flashy 13-11-2010 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 861119)
I can't see how they can get away with doing that if the Market Hall toilets are 'upstairs' - disabled access via one small lift seems very inadequate - by the time they get there the need will have pa(i)ssed;)

Disabled are downstairs

garinda 13-11-2010 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861270)
Disabled are downstairs

I never knew there were any loos in there.

As you said, can't be very well signposted.

flashy 13-11-2010 17:08

i think the disabled is right next to the lift

garinda 13-11-2010 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861276)

Cheers.

Though personally I always tie a knot in it, until get home.

:D:eek::D

accyman 13-11-2010 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 859999)
To be honest Barrie I'll let you draw your own conclusions, I was merely quoting the Leader of the Council yesterday.

I share your opinion regarding Tesco and they are all widely regarded as instigating the death of the town market, no one is taken in by this.

in america wallmart/asda has killed many towns economies and in many towns you cant get anything apart from charty shops,cheap shops and strip joints

apart from the strip joints doesnt this sound familar although accy did have a whipping joint although it may be closed now i dont know for sure

wallmart setting up near a town = a town dies

all you have to do is look what happened straight after accy asda opened up a huge superstore,it wasnt too bad when it was where what was glyn webb was but once they opened up the new asda accy market took a decline and the arndale simply sealed accy markets fate so god knows what this new tesco will do to the town.Some pillock somewhere seems to think accy is a huge city and insists on treating it as such which simply dosnt work

Bonnyboy 13-11-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861112)
does anyone actually know where the baby changing facilities are in the market hall?

They are within the disabled toilets next to the lift on ground floor, there is another door in there and the baby changing place is in there if my memory serves.

jaysay 14-11-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861276)

Went in for the first time on Wednesday and never noticed th lift or toilets mind you I wasn't really looking

flashy 14-11-2010 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 861331)
They are within the disabled toilets next to the lift on ground floor, there is another door in there and the baby changing place is in there if my memory serves.

how are the public supposed to know that?

lancsdave 14-11-2010 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861394)
how are the public supposed to know that?

Is there not a councillor in residence to direct people ? :D

cashman 14-11-2010 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 861403)
Is there not a councillor in residence to direct people ? :D

only if the observors on site.:rolleyes::D

Ken Moss 14-11-2010 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 861405)
only if the observors on site.:rolleyes::D

You seem to have found the solution to the borough's problems.

Direct an Observer photographer to every grotspot in Hyndburn and we'll have promises to fix everything within a month.

Well done, Cashy!!!

heth 17-11-2010 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 861132)

Mine are bad enough!!! Cant comment on Cashy's but some of mine will be hard to beat!!! Anyway I am a good girl now........................kinda!!! ;)

jaysay 17-11-2010 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 862122)
Mine are bad enough!!! Cant comment on Cashy's but some of mine will be hard to beat!!! Anyway I am a good girl now........................kinda!!! ;)

Your no fun you:D:D:D

heth 18-11-2010 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 862247)
Your no fun you:D:D:D

Hey there is a bit of bad still in me dont you worry!!! ;):D

Mick 18-11-2010 06:47

I was talking to one of the stall holders yesterday he said now he has sorted his staff out (he has had to employ one of his daughters)they are doing ok but all the stalls that have only one person on are struggling to keep going.
He also thinks that with Tesco opening then people are expecting the market to be open
he says although he is doing ok they are not making much more money its just people are spreading there spending over another day not buying more.

gynn 20-11-2010 18:29

I went in the Market Hall this afternoon, the first time I'd been in on a Saturday since it was done up.

I thought the atmosphere was great. It was packed out and there was a string orchestra playing. I walked round the upstairs balcony and there are some interesting looking shops there.

And the stall with the DVDs on sale is excellent. Very helpful man running it.

Oh, and a very happy independent councillor from Huncoat sitting in the cafe.

I was really impressed!

Barrie Yates 20-11-2010 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 863030)
I went in the Market Hall this afternoon, the first time I'd been in on a Saturday since it was done up.

I thought the atmosphere was great. It was packed out and there was a string orchestra playing. I walked round the upstairs balcony and there are some interesting looking shops there.

And the stall with the DVDs on sale is excellent. Very helpful man running it.

Oh, and a very happy independent councillor from Huncoat sitting in the cafe.

I was really impressed!

Try it on a wet Wednesday afternoon

Ken Moss 11-12-2010 01:15

I've had the costings through for confirmed entertainment acts over the next six months but it seems that they're only booked up to 18th December. Everything remaining is scheduled on Saturdays, a far more sensible move and one I applaud rather than the lunacy of trying to pull people in on Wednesdays. The highest fee is £275 for a saxophonist and a keyboard player but many of the acts are performing for free, including the Accrington Pipe Band.

I'm still against the idea of enforced six day trading but at least the entertainments bill has come down to a more reasonable level and actually involves local talent instead of paying people to promote their own businesses.

jaysay 11-12-2010 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 868052)
I've had the costings through for confirmed entertainment acts over the next six months but it seems that they're only booked up to 18th December. Everything remaining is scheduled on Saturdays, a far more sensible move and one I applaud rather than the lunacy of trying to pull people in on Wednesdays. The highest fee is £275 for a saxophonist and a keyboard player but many of the acts are performing for free, including the Accrington Pipe Band.

I'm still against the idea of enforced six day trading but at least the entertainments bill has come down to a more reasonable level and actually involves local talent instead of paying people to promote their own businesses.

I have always agreed with you on 6 day trading, as I once worked for a firm who had enforced overtime, ain't good, mind you I worked 7 days a week most of my working life but it was my choice and nobody else's

Mick 14-12-2010 07:20

I see we are starting to pay for this market refurbishment ....2 weeks ago i got a pound of beef sausages from a stall in the market hall they cost £1:74 on my way back from physiotherapy at the Pals medical center yesterday i went to the same stall to get some more they had gone up to £2:15 a pound i asked why the increase and was told they have put the rents up:eek:

Neil 14-12-2010 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 868868)
i asked why the increase and was told they have put the rents up:eek:

Its probably true but always a good excuse. A bit like when the government increase tax on petrol and the petrol station slip an extra 0.5p on the price at the same time ;)

That increase you said is a 24% increase. Have the rents gone up that much?

gynn 14-12-2010 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 868868)
I see we are starting to pay for this market refurbishment ....2 weeks ago i got a pound of beef sausages from a stall in the market hall they cost £1:74 on my way back from physiotherapy at the Pals medical center yesterday i went to the same stall to get some more they had gone up to £2:15 a pound i asked why the increase and was told they have put the rents up:eek:

If it IS to pay for the increased rents, then it pre-supposes that there is no net increase in business in the Market Hall, despite the refurbishment and extra opening hours.

At the end of the day, its a case of supply and demand. Are the sausages cheaper in ASDA or Tesco?

Neil 14-12-2010 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 868880)
At the end of the day, its a case of supply and demand. Are the sausages cheaper in ASDA or Tesco?

More to it than that, do the sausages taste better from the market may be more important to some people than the price

Mick 14-12-2010 08:32

True Neil these sausages are very tasty and really are good so are there garlic but Anne does not allow me to get them.
i have always got them from this stall i do not use supermarkets at all i prefer to support local trade
and i hate prepacked stuff fresh is much better same with cheese the prepacked stuff is like soap i like it when i ask for 1/2 lb cheese and they cut it off the whole cheese.

The only time you will see me in a supermarket is if i cant find the herbs and spices i need and that is after going to Blackburn market where there is a stall that only sells herbs and spices or i grow my own.
i have to be really desperate to go in one of those places:D

Gremlin 14-12-2010 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 868872)
Its probably true but always a good excuse. A bit like when the government increase tax on petrol and the petrol station slip an extra 0.5p on the price at the same time ;)

That increase you said is a 24% increase. Have the rents gone up that much?

As a comparison I remember when as a tanker driver we had to strike over the petrol companies lack of interest in a wage rise.
We finally got £8 a week which equated to about £12 with bonus.
A driver did two loads a day 4 days a week and delivered about 40,000 gallons a week; petrol went up 9p a gallon and they blamed the drivers.

Work it out, 40,000 times 9p is a lot more than £12 a week we got. I wouldn't have minded if they had made it 10p a gallon extra and given us the extra penny for each gallon we delivered.

Same in any business, pass your increase in costs onto the customer but add a bit extra for yourself.

I went through the market last week, first time in ages and it seemed reasonable busy, quite a lot of people sat in the cafe area and some guy making a noise on a keyboard instrument.

heth 14-12-2010 18:33

Just a question........... should they not put a notice up saying that they have increased there prices?
:confused:

lancsdave 14-12-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 869017)
Just a question........... should they not put a notice up saying that they have increased there prices?
:confused:

Do Asda or Tesco do it ? They only tell you when prices are reduced :D

heth 14-12-2010 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 869019)
Do Asda or Tesco do it ? They only tell you when prices are reduced :D

Yeah I agree, its just on the market when you order your sausages, they pack them for you and hand them to you...................then they say a price that is quite a bit higher than the last time you have bought them. Many people are too polite to say something.:rolleyes:
At ASDA or Tesco you see the price before they have gone through the till.

jaysay 14-12-2010 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 869020)
Yeah I agree, its just on the market when you order your sausages, they pack them for you and hand them to you...................then they say a price that is quite a bit higher than the last time you have bought them. Many people are too polite to say something.:rolleyes:
At ASDA or Tesco you see the price before they have gone through the till.

That last time I remember going for meat in the Market they always displayed the price per pound on things like sausages heth

heth 14-12-2010 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 869021)
That last time I remember going for meat in the Market they always displayed the price per pound on things like sausages heth

Aye true, Mick were there any prices? ;)

flashy 14-12-2010 19:06

i bought 6 Cumberland sausage from the market hall today and i paid £1.40 for them, been getting these sausages for ages now and she always says the price first when she weighs them and asks me if thats ok

Mick 15-12-2010 04:49

Yes they where priced but i did not notice till she told me the price and i looked at the card.

gynn 15-12-2010 07:26

At the end of the day a trader can charge whatever price he feels the market can bear. That is free enterprise. He can only be criticised for doing so if he has a monopoly and is taking advantage of the customers inability to shop elsewhere.

In the case of the sausages, the market trader is not the only sausage seller in town, and if he puts his prices up, he only has himself to blame if he doesn't sell them. The customer has the choice to buy them or not.

And if its a quality product he is selling, then good luck to him.

jaysay 15-12-2010 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 869076)
Yes they where priced but i did not notice till she told me the price and i looked at the card.

I think its a case of, like my old teacher used to say, Pay attention young mick when your out shopping:D

lancsdave 02-01-2011 14:32

It seems the traders have decided the best option for 6 day trading, of course one person knows better

Accrington traders call for end of six day market (From Lancashire Telegraph)

jaysay 02-01-2011 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 872685)
It seems the traders have decided the best option for 6 day trading, of course one person knows better

Accrington traders call for end of six day market (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Me thinks its time for this person to start listening to the traders;)

lancsdave 02-01-2011 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 872717)

And admit they got it wrong, more chance of us having a heatwave in January :rolleyes:

jaysay 02-01-2011 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 872728)
And admit they got it wrong, more chance of us having a heatwave in January :rolleyes:

In my book Dave two wrongs never make a right;)

garinda 02-01-2011 17:42

Market board chairman and Chamber of Trade vice president Ian Smith said...
''However new signs painted outside advertise six day opening, so traders are concerned it’s a done deal.”

Sounds ominous, that the trial will be deemed a great success, and will be changed to enforced six day trading forever.

JCB 02-01-2011 17:46

I think the decision to have 6 day trading has been made , and was made before ever the so-called 3 month trial began .

lancsdave 02-01-2011 17:46

Quote:

“Now and over the next few weeks will be the time they will benefit the most.”
I'd love to know how he works that out. Most traders/retailers struggle to cover the rents on January takings (including us) notoriously the worst month of the year. The bloke is deluded :mad:

jaysay 02-01-2011 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 872743)
I'd love to know how he works that out. Most traders/retailers struggle to cover the rents on January takings (including us) notoriously the worst month of the year. The bloke is deluded :mad:

Can't realy undestand him making a statement like that Dave, when alls said and done he used to have a town centre business:confused:

DaveinGermany 02-01-2011 17:59

Quote:

Listening is one thing ! Actually taking on board what is said & acting accordingly .....

jaysay 02-01-2011 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 872752)
Listening is one thing ! Actually taking on board what is said & acting accordingly .....

Do politicians when in power ever do that Dave, not to my knowledge they don't;)

Retlaw 02-01-2011 19:41

Quote:

They won't do that, they just lash out & blame every one else when their stupid airy fairy schemes fall flat.
The only time they listen is when they are canvasing, and what you said has left their vacant skulls, as soon as you close your front door.

jaysay 03-01-2011 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 872807)
They won't do that, they just lash out & blame every one else when their stupid airy fairy schemes fall flat.
The only time they listen is when they are canvasing, and what you said has left their vacant skulls, as soon as you close your front door.

Think its called politics Walter:rolleyes:

gynn 03-01-2011 09:20

The three monthly review will have to be a fair assessment of how things have gone. If the weather HAS been a factor, then it should be taken into account.

Personally, and if you'll excuse the pun, I don't think that argument holds water.

Ken Moss 07-01-2011 16:09

I'm tabling a motion for the next full council meeting on 18th January regarding the trial period. If Cllrs Haworth and Britcliffe have been as honest as they say they are then there is absolutely no reason why the Conservatives shouldn't vote in favour of it. If they vote against it then it will prove that they have something to hide regarding how six day trading has come about.

lancsdave 07-01-2011 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 873941)
I'm tabling a motion for the next full council meeting on 18th January regarding the trial period. .

That will be that meeting cancelled then :rolleyes:

Ken Moss 07-01-2011 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 873944)
That will be that meeting cancelled then :rolleyes:

I hope not. I have nothing to gain from the motion being passed, it will only benefit the market traders.

If the Conservatives are being absolutely honest about the Market Hall trial period then I am giving them the best opportunity to democratically prove that I am wrong by voting in favour of the motion.

lancsdave 07-01-2011 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 873945)
I hope not. I have nothing to gain from the motion being passed, it will only benefit the market traders.

If the Conservatives are being absolutely honest about the Market Hall trial period then I am giving them the best opportunity to democratically prove that I am wrong by voting in favour of the motion.

Not saying it shouldn't be asked, but we all know if a question needs answering honestly by the powers that be then it would be best avoided :rolleyes:

Ken Moss 07-01-2011 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 873946)
Not saying it shouldn't be asked, but we all know if a question needs answering honestly by the powers that be then it would be best avoided :rolleyes:

A motion is a little different from a question in that there is a definite outcome which the whole council must then enact if it is passed.

As regards honesty, I would like to think that I haven't dodged any question put to me directly but my view is that all 35 of us are paid out of the public purse and are therefore obliged to be completely honest about council business when asked.

If someone wants to ask for specific facts and figures from the council then they are entitled to them and the e-mail address to do that is:

[email protected]

Satori 07-01-2011 23:53

Is the world ready for not only an honest politician, but an open one as well?

jaysay 08-01-2011 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satori (Post 874017)

By the nature of the beast, one of those has not been born yet:rolleyes:

JCB 08-01-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satori (Post 874017)

Perhaps when little green men arrive from another planet . :D

DaveinGermany 08-01-2011 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 874047)
Perhaps when little green men arrive from another planet . :D

Quite possibly JCB, if the present shower we've got are anything to go by I'm sure the Aliens could probably get a few votes ! :D

lindsay ormerod 08-01-2011 17:56

Been in the Market today, only wanted a fresh chicken for sunday tea,£5.99 for one the size of a budgie, no wonder there's no-one spending money in there, needless to say that particular stall didn't get my custom.:eek:

Ken Moss 09-01-2011 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 874224)
Been in the Market today, only wanted a fresh chicken for sunday tea,£5.99 for one the size of a budgie, no wonder there's no-one spending money in there, needless to say that particular stall didn't get my custom.:eek:

I wouldn't entirely blame the stall for that. We went to Asda for the fortnightly big shop on Friday and got a chicken which seems to have skipped up in price by about a quid in the last month.

The VAT has pushed things up all round I noticed but I suppose the costs of rearing and feeding something like a chicken have all gone up, hence a bigger rise.

lancsdave 09-01-2011 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 874297)
I wouldn't entirely blame the stall for that. We went to Asda for the fortnightly big shop on Friday and got a chicken which seems to have skipped up in price by about a quid in the last month.

The VAT has pushed things up all round I noticed but I suppose the costs of rearing and feeding something like a chicken have all gone up, hence a bigger rise.

It will all be down to costs because foodstuff is VAT free

garinda 09-01-2011 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 874301)
It will all be down to costs because foodstuff is VAT free

(Most) food is V.A.T. free, but recent tax increases will have a knock on affect on the price we pay in the shops. Production,/delivery costs etc.

lancsdave 09-01-2011 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 874309)
(Most) food is V.A.T. free, but recent tax increases will have a knock on affect on the price we pay in the shops. Production,/delivery costs etc.

I've been saying that in the VAT thread but most people just think I'm a profiteering retailer making use of the VAT to fund my retirement palace in the sun :D

jaysay 09-01-2011 09:20

Quote:

Good grief ASDA must have a great new process which lets um rear chickens to saleable size in 4 days Ken:rolleyes:

jaysay 09-01-2011 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 874311)
I've been saying that in the VAT thread but most people just think I'm a profiteering retailer making use of the VAT to fund my retirement palace in the sun :D

how much is property in Dingleland Dave:D

JCB 09-01-2011 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 874065)
Quite possibly JCB, if the present shower we've got are anything to go by I'm sure the Aliens could probably get a few votes ! :D

Stick a party label on them and they will be guaranteed millions of votes . :(

A belated Happy Birthday wish , Dave . I've just seen the thread .
Have many of them . :)

lancsdave 09-01-2011 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 874319)
how much is property in Dingleland Dave:D

Now you know how little we really make :D

jaysay 09-01-2011 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 874339)
Now you know how little we really make :D

Ya but the one eyed man is King in the lad of the blind:D

steeljack 09-01-2011 19:25

Quote:

Nice to hear , a local politician leading by example and encouraging the folks to support local traders and small businesses and help keep money in the town
:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Less 09-01-2011 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 874448)
Nice to hear , a local politician leading by example and encouraging the folks to support local traders and small businesses and help keep money in the town
:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

If he could afford to live on Market Hall produce alone then we'd know there's a fiddle going on.

Taggy 13-01-2011 18:08

I noticed the Christmas Tree is still up in the Market Hall...is this to be a permanent feature?:D

Best Regards - Taggy

jaysay 13-01-2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 875066)
I noticed the Christmas Tree is still up in the Market Hall...is this to be a permanent feature?:D

Best Regards - Taggy

Save buying another one next year Taggy, that's forward planning mate:D

lancsdave 13-01-2011 18:18

Quote:

Leader of the council Peter Britcliffe said: “Unfortunately, the weather has had an effect on market trading.
“The two busiest days for the town centre happened after the thaw on Tuesday and Wednesday.
“But sadly these were the days we had agreed with traders in advance to close the market.
“Now and over the next few weeks will be the time when they will benefit the most.”

Quote:

Best Regards - Taggy

Ah right, that explains why PB says they will all benefit in January. They must be having another Christmas this month :D

Taggy 13-01-2011 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 875071)
Save buying another one next year Taggy, that's forward planning mate:D

Well its a false un so hopefully they'll re-use it anyway Jaysay, it does look nice i have to say, but on the whole i'd prefer a Stall! Whats betting when its taken down it'll be on a Weds, then the folks taking it down can be "counted" as customers!!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

jaysay 13-01-2011 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 875075)
Ah right, that explains why PB says they will all benefit in January. They must be having another Christmas this month :D

Well Santa's calling in at Ewood again tomoz Dave:D

jaysay 13-01-2011 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 875079)
Well its a false un so hopefully they'll re-use it anyway Jaysay, it does look nice i have to say, but on the whole i'd prefer a Stall! Whats betting when its taken down it'll be on a Weds, then the folks taking it down can be "counted" as customers!!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

There you go see, your learning:D

Taggy 13-01-2011 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 875083)
There you go see, your learning:D

Aye.....i'm not quick but i get there in the end!!;)

Best Regards - Taggy

jaysay 13-01-2011 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 875091)
Aye.....i'm not quick but i get there in the end!!;)

Best Regards - Taggy

God loves a trier:D

Bonnyboy 13-01-2011 21:51

Quote:

The treee has now gone along with the other lights which were around the pillars :)