Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2006, 18:46   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

damned double post

Last edited by mani; 20-07-2006 at 18:48.
mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2006, 18:47   #17
Senior Member+

incorrect yet again

if u read the articles - they were denied cause they phoned up the park direct

not because they were christians, hippies or devil worshippers but they cudnt buy the tickets from them direct
Old 20-07-2006, 18:49   #18
Senior Member+

like i said is there the same outcry cause gays book disney land adn that happens to fall on the week u book ur holiday in florida?
Old 20-07-2006, 18:51   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
as for the christian only day - the church of england or any other christian organisation is more than welcome to book any resort and allow church members only to attend.

so much for the outcry about christians only - how many of u folk actually see the inside of a church week in week out?

and how many of " YOU FOLK " adhere to no gambling and no alcohol...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:54   #20
Senior Member+

raver - exactly but the point i'm making is that people who arent religious at all suddenly use the christian day only POV when it suits them and if there was one they probably wudnt attend to save their lives... the muslims goin to this wont b the likes of me but i know my sis's who are religious really did wanna go albeit for previous made plans. i sure as hell wouldnt want to be the guy lighting up a joint in the middle of a day like that - the sufi's *religious guys* wud shame them to hell!! *L*

PPl do this everywhere in north america...Canadas wonderland in Toronto is one of the biggest theme park they have.
As well in california muslim unity day..
altho the FBI is comin to check out the california event...its not that big of a deal.
muslims like to have fun as well. :P
Old 20-07-2006, 18:56   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
Incorrect. None muslims are to be denyed access to the park.
Bull S........ Talk about a storm in a teacup, did you actually read the article or just look at the daily mail on a regular basis and then make your mind up. As mani said it was booked by a muslim organisation for the day and any organisation can book it even the condecending church groups or gay and lesbian groups, even you if you had the akers, then you could make your own rules up for the day.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:57   #22

This is what causes racist friction though.

Quote:
muslims like to have fun as well.
Whats stopping the muslims going to Alton Towers any other day of the year? Or can they not have 'fun' when other religions are there?
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:58   #23
Senior Member+

i always said if i won the lotto i'd book alton towers out and get my friends and family to go there all paid - how awesome wud that be?!

didnt tom cruise book out disney land too for his kids to enjoy the rides in peace?
Old 20-07-2006, 19:02   #24

Yes.. as did Michael Jackson. But this is completely different to that.

This is a british country.. and im to be denied access to a theme park to make way for muslims only?

Thats like.. English people only in all thee American Theme parks! The Americans wouldnt like it!
Old 20-07-2006, 19:04   #25
Senior Member+

but y shud it cause racist friction?

does it cause friction when gay's book it out?

or when the labour party does?
Old 20-07-2006, 19:04   #26

A muslim association has booked the theme park for the day so only people of their religion can go to it! Its f*cking ridiculous! Thats what it is.

Yet.. would it go down well if a Christian association booked a major attraction for the day at Pakistan? And all none Christians were unable to attend? I think not..
Old 20-07-2006, 19:05   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
"When part two of the Equality Act 2006 is brought into force this year, any form of religious discrimination in goods or services will become illegal and this will prevent Alton Towers, or any other entertainment centre, restricting their facilities to members of one religion or imposing a religious dress code."

So in other words.. for this event Alton Towers ARE restricting their facilities to none members of this religion.
Wouldn't think this will apply to private functions though, would it ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 19:06   #28
Senior Member+

y wudnt they? if a private org from england booked out disney land they'd say fair enough.
Old 20-07-2006, 19:09   #29

The point im getting to mani is that its an association which has booked Alton Towers for muslims only. When was the last time an association booked Alton Towers for all Christians etc? It doesnt happen, because it would be deemed racist towards the muslim population!
Old 20-07-2006, 19:10   #30
Senior Member+

u know morgan i'm just gonna stop arguing about this with u - now ur goin on pakistan? *LOL* ignorance is just a magic word for u...

*L*

jeez some ppl are just so...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..