Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2006, 10:25   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker
Ok forget the so called religeous aspect of it all,It has been stated that non attached males and non attached females may not enjoy the rides together (no smut please) and there will be set times ie 12 -1300 males only 1300- 1400 females only this is sexual descrimination surely ,illegal in Great Britain.
its nuts to me but thats what they do,and not just at alton towers (weddings etc as its their custom as i said before whats the big deal? i think i know what the big deal is
Old 21-07-2006, 10:40   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i think i know what the big deal is
So do I. Amazing, isn't it? For years and years, holiday camps have been having weekends exclusively for special interest groups - Rock 'n' Roll, Northern Soul etc, and there haven't been any objections from the gutter press or from anyone on this site.

If this was funded with public money, I'd be the first to object, but it isn't - it's a private organisation who've hired the venue. And, as someone has already said, if it was practically any other organisation, we wouldn't hear a peep out of you lot.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 21-07-2006 at 10:42.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 12:04   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
it was practically any other organisation, we wouldn't hear a peep out of you lot.
eeerm to be fair it only seems to be the one poster....
Old 21-07-2006, 12:07   #64
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX

...and he's not here now.

Perhaps he's gone to Alton Towers.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 12:33   #65
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
One poster objected initially - around half a dozen others have agreed with him. That's the "you lot" I was referring to.
Old 21-07-2006, 13:39   #66
God Member

yes but a holiday camp doesn't make it awkward for the majority of the rest of the public to go when it stages a country and western weekend. Thats also just a theme weekend, not a private booking.
I object to it because alton towers are now going to be closing the park on god knows how many days a year because they can make more money by doing so. Not illegal but not exactly fair for the people who just turn up. Not going to make alton towers look good is it. Shall we go to alton towers darling with the kids, yes but we better check it's not booked first love. ok i'll just sit on the phone for an hour on an 0870 number trying to get through to check.
It's either a theme park open to the public or it's a theme park for private bookings.swapping and changing will cause havok.

I hope drayton manor don't start all this rubbish.
Infact hope alton towers carry on, drayton manor will become britains premier theme park
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 13:51   #67
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
yes but a holiday camp doesn't make it awkward for the majority of the rest of the public to go when it stages a country and western weekend. Thats also just a theme weekend, not a private booking.
Not true. Many organisations book a holiday camp for the whole weekend, lock, stock and barrel. All the entertainment venues are taken over by their sort of music and all the chalets are booked by people who are coming along for the music. Obviously, anyone can book in, but if you don't like Northern Soul, Rockabilly or whatever, you're going to feel a bit out of it. As for Alton Towers, they're a private company, they can hire the park out to whoever they want. And I still maintain that if, say, a Roman Catholic organisation had hired it for a day, there wouldn't be all this outrage you're seeing on here.
Old 21-07-2006, 14:04   #68
God Member

yes I agree there wouldn't, and think it's wrong that it's been picked up on just because it's muslims.

I'd love to go to a country and western weekend, maybe a country and western weekend could work at alton towers.

American adventure are aiming at kids now, which would have been the ideal place for one.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 14:14   #69

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

One muslim website says "it is hardly encouraging intergration"-very true.Personaly i just dont think it is a very good idea.One or two of you on here are suggesting racism,well i get on alright with muslims,black people,brown people,even a few white english.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 14:27   #70
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

No morgan_brotherz you are being denied access to Alton Towers on a particular day because the whole theme park has been booked for that day by a bona fide organisation.

You do nothing to enhance your point by using foul language thinly disguised.

Anyone could book a day at AT via the Islamic Leisure but they would have to abide by the laws of Islam. That is no booze, no smoking and only Halal food. Muslim dress code for women would apply but that does not mean a western woman would have to wear the hijab or jilbab if other Muslim women did not wear them. As I understand it Islam does not insist on strict apparel and leaves the choice to the man of the family what the women should wear. That in itself is abhorrent to westerners but if the women agree then they agree and that is that. However non Muslim women would have to dress in a manner that does not flout their sexuality.

What gets up my nose in this affair is that a couple had planned a wedding day at Alton Towers and had booked the facilities but were told their booking was cancelled because the park had been booked by an organisation.

So apart from the cancelled wedding this is all a storm in a teacup.
Old 21-07-2006, 14:33   #71
Super Moderator

Well, NS, if you just don't think it's a good idea, then at least we're making some progress because you originally thought it was "outrageous".
Old 21-07-2006, 14:40   #72
Senior Member+

now now folks lets get to the real issue at hand

whens that naturist booking? dates?
Old 21-07-2006, 14:42   #73

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

I was being polite.i have read what other people have to say on the matter,and can see both points of view.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 14:43   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani

Whens the dressing up as thatcher day someone mentioned?? I can't wait!

edit: Erm... Cyfr here... perhaps I should look at who im logged in as before I post
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 14:56   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani

November!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..