Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2006, 17:46   #1

Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

Does anyone else think this is outreagous?
Alton Towers are holding a MUSLIMS ONLY
day on the 17th September. Only Muslims
will be able to purchase tickets! None-
Muslims will be refused tickets and access
to the park!

Its ridiculous! Could you imagine the uproar
if they were to hold a Christians Only day?!

Oh.. talking of Alton Towers, there was an
accident there today. 29 people were injured.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2006, 17:56   #2

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

Yes it is outragous, but typical of the way our country does things.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:03   #3

i agree ist aloody disgusting
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:19   #4

Oh.. well at least im not the only one who thinks this.
Old 20-07-2006, 18:20   #5
God Member

How do they know if you're muslim or not?
Old 20-07-2006, 18:21   #6

Well I was thinking that. What if you just said you were muslim?

I dont know how they are going to do it.. but the only way you can purchase tickets is on the website.
Old 20-07-2006, 18:25   #7
God Member

Where is the actual information about it? I can't seem to find it on the alton towers website, and it won't let me book on 17th September, says it's unavailable.
Old 20-07-2006, 18:34   #8

Here and here
Old 20-07-2006, 18:36   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Where is the actual information about it? I can't seem to find it on the alton towers website, and it won't let me book on 17th September, says it's unavailable.
does that not say it all then ???????????

and that is utter boll**ks....there should be some sort of public outcry about this as we are being made to be a minority in our own country....god forbid if it ever happens that it woas christian only day...it would be in every paper in every county in england about alton towers being racist as the muslims would certainly kick up a fuss.....

anybody fancy a rally :engsmil:

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:37   #10
Senior Member+

*LOL*

u people make me laugh... basically its this - a muslim organisation has booked out the whole resort simple as - any major org could do it - gay lesbian org book out disney land once a year... and its not muslims only - thats just hype the papers have put out...

basically its no alcohol and no gambling machines day - all the food served there will be halal. if u go to the site of the organisation they do say non muslims are more than welcome to buy tickets for the day but will have to adhere to those rules.

would you people get offended the same if it was a tory's only day out at alton towers or a twins only day at chessington?

makes u think...
Old 20-07-2006, 18:38   #11
Senior Member+

as for the christian only day - the church of england or any other christian organisation is more than welcome to book any resort and allow church members only to attend.

so much for the outcry about christians only - how many of u folk actually see the inside of a church week in week out?
Old 20-07-2006, 18:38   #12
Resting in Peace

Read this myself somewhere, but can't remember where and sure there was something about the restriction for women on the rides

Not sure if it offends me or not, don't see the differnce between this and maybe if the Labour party booked it for one of their Conferences or Posh and Becks for Brooklyn's birthday party. Just a private hiring that's all.

Edit: Oh, just read the other posts and Mani in the same mind, 'cept Tories, not Labour.. tee hee.

Last edited by katex; 20-07-2006 at 18:42.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 18:39   #13

Incorrect. None muslims are to be denyed access to the park.
Old 20-07-2006, 18:41   #14

"When part two of the Equality Act 2006 is brought into force this year, any form of religious discrimination in goods or services will become illegal and this will prevent Alton Towers, or any other entertainment centre, restricting their facilities to members of one religion or imposing a religious dress code."

So in other words.. for this event Alton Towers ARE restricting their facilities to none members of this religion.
Old 20-07-2006, 18:41   #15
God Member

If it's open to everyone but under islamic law, then that is fine. Though we all seem to be at odds (including the papers) as to which applies, muslims only, or everyone

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..