Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2006, 19:11   #31
God Member

Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

no, your denied access because a group have booked it, that group happens to be muslims, which in my opinion is not doing themselves any favours. That said though if they are willing to let nonn muslims go on that day as long as they abide by their rules for their day that they have payed for then thats fair and also very brave of them .
The fault is with alton towers, they shouldn't be letting any religeous group book it, in fact they shouldn't be letting any group at all book it, it's supposed to be open to the public, they advertise to the public. Whats about all the disapointed and upset kids that will be turning up. They should be open to the public or booked events only, not close just because they've lucky ebough to get a private booking.
Also whats about people who have already prebooked day tickets or the hotel, there's bound to have been some.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2006, 19:12   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
muslims like to have fun as well.
I am so sorry ............................ but for some unknown reason that line had me laughing out loud.....its the scenes in my head ....

Sorry

is this a serious thread? i better leave....
Old 20-07-2006, 19:12   #33
Senior Member+

*lol*

i've Put This In Bold And Capitals Ok Morgan? Please Read I'm Sure U Can...

Its Not For Muslims Only!!!! U Can Buy The Tickets Thru The Islamic Organisation Site

It Doesnt Happen Cause No Christian Group Has Either A) Booked It B) Got Publicity Like This If Htey Have Done
Old 20-07-2006, 19:19   #34

ok =] Whatever you say still wont change my opinion on the matter. And yes.. your right. When it comes to racial conversations ignorance is me =]
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 19:19   #35
Senior Member+

YEAH GO ON KIPAX - SORT THAT MADHATTER OUT...

that is the fight u were wanting right mad?

though i'd like to see if some rebel non-muslim goes there with some booze etc having bought tickets - what would happen then...

the prob this organisation did was label it as a muslim-day - it shud've been soemthing like muslim unity or muslim awareness day with the fact non-muslims can come more than welcome but would have to adhere to their rules
Old 20-07-2006, 19:23   #36
God Member

Quote:
YEAH GO ON KIPAX - SORT THAT MADHATTER OUT...

that is the fight u were wanting right mad?
shut up ya girl!
Old 20-07-2006, 19:26   #37
God Member

Thats why I said they're brave mani, I can see trouble brewing on that day, and I think thats well out of order if they've booked and paid for the whole park.
Newspapers are sh stirrers, they're stirring up more hate and trouble by the way they report it.
Old 20-07-2006, 20:42   #38
Beacon of light

This story came to light because a couple had booked this venue for their wedding reception........they were not told that the park had been booked for the whole Day by the Muslim group, they found out by accident and were upset about it. The administration of Alton Towers told them that they could still go ahead with the reception, but that there would be no alcohol, no gambling and the rides would be segregated. as it is not permissable for males and females to go on the rides together.
I'm not sure what the couple decided to do about their reception.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 20:56   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
A muslim association has booked the theme park for the day so only people of their religion can go to it! Its f*cking ridiculous! Thats what it is.
Tolerance not a word in your dictionary, hey why not in the next elections vote for the bnp, or even stand you would get in with your attitude, they are looking for good british stand up citizens who look at only one side of a story, its called ..........................racism, say it a couple of times you will get to understand it.
If you go in to macdonalds and it full of kids having a birthday party, because they have booked it,
1. do you check their religion?
2. If you can't get in do you go somewhere else?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 21:14   #40
Len
God Member

I think it’s a good idea. If accyweb had enough interest in doing something similar we could perhaps book it for the day our selves and raise some funds for the site. All tickets for members and friends would have to be bought through accyweb at a slightly higher charge . We certainly have the members to do it. hehe
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 21:14   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
jeez some ppl are just so...
And on this subject you seem to be one, you don't seem to want to accept that this should not be allowed to happen if we are to live in a mulicultural society.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 21:31   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
you don't seem to want to accept that this should not be allowed to happen if we are to live in a mulicultural society.
That is the point Bagpuss, it should be allowed because we do live in a multicultural society, there should be no one complaining because some one of different ethnic background does something you don't agree with and vice versa.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 21:48   #43
God Member

I agree and they can, any religious group can book it.
The only reason a fuss has been caused is because it is a religous group.
It wouldn't matter who booked it, those people still wouldn't be able to have their reception there. It's booked, alton towers have let someone book it for the day.
Old 20-07-2006, 21:50   #44
God Member

If your going to say no to one, then you have to say no to all religous groups is what I'm saying
Old 20-07-2006, 21:53   #45
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
If your going to say no to one, then you have to say no to all religous groups is what I'm saying
Yep I will agree with that.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..