Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2006, 20:30   #91
Len
God Member

Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Jesus f'in christ!
what has this site become?
I cannot believe the absolute carp that has been going on since Roy has been busy, what has happened to the moderators? At one stage such drivel as this thread would have been jumped on and removed, not because of race or prejudice but common sense.
Thanks Less, nothing has happened to the moderators we are always here. You are correct in saying “at one stage such drivel as this thread would be jumped on and removed” but these days we tend to leave such drival-ish threads As Is.. until we receive reports and explanations as to why the thread/post should be removed, otherwise as has happened in the past we get more complaints from members asking, "why has that thread been deleted???" even though the thread was drivel and if I remember correctly you were usually one of the first to complain about them being removed.

Anyways.. welcome back.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2006, 20:31   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Jesus f'in christ!
what has this site become?
I cannot believe the absolute carp that has been going on since Roy has been busy, what has happened to the moderators? At one stage such drivel as this thread would have been jumped on and removed, not because of race or prejudice but common sense.

All of you please, please, take a look at what is being discussed here and bow your heads in shame.

accyweb was created to bring people together not drive a knife between your neighbours ribs!

If you feel you're hatred needs to be exposed then please find somewhere else, that is not what this site is for.

This site is for expats and locals to share what they have in common not be driven apart.

If Christians, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, etc, can't live together anywhere else let's group together and in one voice say accyweb is for those of us that do want to make a difference, this is our town our little piece of England we want it to work not be pulled apart by such a stupid thread that just seems to feed the hatred and petty Prejudice of small minded people.

I have never been to Alton Towers It's not my scene if someone else is prepared to pay a stupidly expensive price to hire it for a day allow them that, it's their choice.

How about just getting on with your own life, making it fit in with others without causing any harm or inconvenience to someone that may one day given the chance you could call 'my friend'?
Who are you and what have you done with Less?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 20:41   #93
Give, give, give member

I personally find this thread offensive. However I don't want it deleted or the person who started it banned. I was able, along with a majority of others, to offer an alternate views to that of the person that started it.

As long as I've been a member we've always had serious as well as fun discussions, remember Tealeaf's 'Sodomoy and the Lash'?

Unless of course you are talking about the halcyon, golden, 'old days' which older members refer to fondly...and before I joined. The two being connected, I remember being pointed out to me at the end of one meet!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 20:44   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Unless of course you are talking about the halcyon, golden, 'old days' which older members refer to fondly...and before I joined. The two being connected, I remember being pointed out to me at the end of one meet
I think there was about 3 people and a whippet then.

Quote:
If Christians, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, etc, can't live together anywhere else let's group together and in one voice say accyweb is for those of us that do want to make a difference, this is our town our little piece of England we want it to work not be pulled apart by such a stupid thread that just seems to feed the hatred and petty Prejudice of small minded people.
You are talking about Accy or are you being sarcastic?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 20:47   #95
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
and if I remember correctly you were usually one of the first to complain about them being removed.

Anyways.. welcome back.
Len you have been here as long if not longer than I have, there is drivel and there is drivel, so far as the drivel I used to complain about being removed it could be given a gold star by the primary school teacher, but this muck shouldn't even be spread on a field, it does nothing but kill the whole crop, yes I was back in those heady days of a decent accyweb one of the first to complain however you and the other mod's would maintain the standards, now though, slowly but surely your grip (no doubt without noticing) is slipping and the lunatics are gradually taking over the asylum, might I suggest you take a trip down memory lane and look at what you would and would not tolerate and compare that to today? Then once you realise that we all have allowed standards to fall we can start making accyweb what it used to be and not allow it to stay what it has become?

On a personal note I thank you for reminding me that I used to be one of the rebels.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 20:47   #96
Give, give, give member

It's getting so patriotic and heart warming in here, some old dear's going to be bringing out jam and giving us a verse of Jerusalem.

Old 21-07-2006, 20:49   #97
Beacon of light

Less, does this mean you have traded in your REBEL status......if so I am sad........I liked you as a rebel!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 20:51   #98
Give, give, give member

Welcome back by the way Less.

More curtain calls and retirements/comebacks than Maria Callas.

Old 21-07-2006, 20:54   #99
God Member

Pass the puke bag somebody.............
Old 21-07-2006, 21:01   #100
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Less makes a comeback just in time for the accyweb awards, he's wants to win the biggest moaner award.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 21:01   #101
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

EDIT:
Personal attacks are not allowed.

Quote:
Pass the puke bag somebody.............
This is going to be a short visit only been back an hour and a post edited already, strange that though, last time I asked, I was told one mod' couldn't make that decision on his own it had to be discussed!

well just to keep things on topic, I hope they trash Alton towers then everyone can say,

"well isn't that typical I always knew they were like that".

Erm Bagpuss, I don't think I'll be here for the awards so you can collect it for me.

Last edited by Less; 21-07-2006 at 22:03.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 21:15   #102
Len
God Member

Lets all stay on topic please and less of the name calling.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 22:29   #103

[quote=garinda]I personally find this thread offensive. However I don't want it deleted or the person who started it banned. I was able, along with a majority of others, to offer an alternate views to that of the person that started it.

How is this thread offensive ? we are all adult ,no racism,no expletives have been used ,we are all talking\typing.
The trouble begins when the talking stops,like the advert says its good to talk.
Getting back to my original point it is illegal in Great Britain to segregate or treat one sex differently from another,I once walked out of a British legion club in my town because my girlfriend at the time was refused admission to the snooker room,the bar was "manned" by a lady though ,very strange that.:engsmil:
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 22:37   #104
Give, give, give member

[quote=Tracker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I personally find this thread offensive. However I don't want it deleted or the person who started it banned. I was able, along with a majority of others, to offer an alternate views to that of the person that started it.

How is this thread offensive ? we are all adult ,no racism,no expletives have been used ,we are all talking\typing.
The trouble begins when the talking stops,like the advert says its good to talk.
Getting back to my original point it is illegal in Great Britain to segregate or treat one sex differently from another,I once walked out of a British legion club in my town because my girlfriend at the time was refused admission to the snooker room,the bar was "manned" by a lady though ,very strange that.:engsmil:
I said that I personally found it offensive. My opinion, no one elses.

Jingoism wrapped up as thinly veiled racism, and no not you, but how the press reported this story.

You must admit that now you are aware of some more of the facts, it isn't quite the same story as the first post in this thread?

Old 21-07-2006, 22:39   #105
Give, give, give member

...and to your point about the legality of segregation, I believe it is still quite hard in this country still for a man to join a nunnery!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..