Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2006, 22:02   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Alton Towers : MUSLIMS ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
This is a british country.. and im to be denied access to a theme park to make way for muslims only?
Alton Towers is a business not a State run industry. They chose to hire it out to this organisation. Blame them, not this group.

If you relied on other sources, other than the Sun, you would have known that infact this story has been about for weeks. It first came to light when a large wedding party (Christian) found they'd booked on the same day as the Muslim social group. A group who were apparently told they had exclusive access to the park that day, which they don't, and that the park would be run to their guidelines. Alton Towers ballsed up.

Why don't you organise a Tory Boy's day there? You can chose to do anything you want. Wear bow-ties, dress up as Thatcher, suck a blue dummy, whatever.

Inform me and I'll know to stay away that day.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2006, 22:06   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
The point im getting to mani is that its an association which has booked Alton Towers for muslims only. When was the last time an association booked Alton Towers for all Christians etc? It doesnt happen, because it would be deemed racist towards the muslim population!
Silly boy.

Disney is exclusively booked by Christian groups many times a year, and like Mani said also by gay and lesbian groups....some of whom maybe Christian, or gasp Muslim!

Wake up and smell the effin' coffee.

Old 20-07-2006, 22:07   #48
God Member

Thats the point that I don't like rindy 'inform me'.
How many thousands of people are going to be turning up that day just to get turned away.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 22:10   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
How many thousands of people are going to be turning up that day just to get turned away.

Just as many as would be turned a way if it had been booked exclusively by a corporate that day, and they hadn't bothered to check.

Old 20-07-2006, 22:14   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
The only reason a fuss has been caused is because it is a religous group.
Come on have some balls, not because a religous group but because its a muslim group, otherwise this thread would have been titled Alton towers; Relgious group books it.

Quote:
Only the people who want to make a point, "we're British this shouldn't happen here", should have had a word with your granfathers when they pranced around the world offering citizenship for cheap labor.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 23:56   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

read through this thread and it certainly brings the TOADS out of the holes, if a group/association books anything anywhere SO WHAT thats what they do.
Old 21-07-2006, 01:18   #52
Senior Member+

*L*

interestin read - as bazf said - if it was a mormon day out who have very similar ethics to muslims in no booze etc no one wud bat an eyelid they'd just think bloody mormons - not being offensive to mormons - there were 3 i knew who were such amazing girls and devoted to their religion.

garinda - dont u get me started on gay muslims!! *LOL*

bagpuss - this IS about the church too - y bring up islam and christianity days only if ur not going to mention all the religious facts?

people like to utilise the arguement of the christianity when it suits them. if a church going person said that to me i would concede wihtout thinkin twice - they're arguing all about how if it was a christian's only day there wud b a bigger outcry - question is wud they even want to attend? why use a point of argument if u dont even believe in it?

i'm not a perfect muslim - i dont pray 5 tiems a day and keep a beard etc but i try to make it once a week if i can. but even then i'm not arguin this from the point of view that muslims shud b allowed to have muslim only days - they shudnt they're no more special than any other religious group. but if a private group books a theme park and then the religion gets picked on then u got me in there...
Old 21-07-2006, 01:22   #53
Senior Member+

and one more thing

alton towers last i checked was a private company i think it was bought out recently but again privatly - and the sole point of a private company is to make a profit

if they feel they can make money by leasing it out to a group fair do's to them. when conference centre's get booked out for far far more contraversial meetings - no one bats an eyelid.
Old 21-07-2006, 08:51   #54
Super Moderator

Guess what else? The British Naturalist Association have booked Alton Towers for their own exclusive use on a weekend in November!

I think this is absolutely outrageous and an affront to our British way of life. How dare these degenerates parade themselves in this fashion, while excluding ordinary, God-fearing English families. Their alien culture is in danger of swamping our Christian society and making us clothes wearers second-class citizens in our own country.

It shouldn't be allowed I tell you!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 21-07-2006 at 10:11.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 09:36   #55
Senior Member+

Oh well you cant please all of the people all of the time springs to mind!!
Old 21-07-2006, 09:50   #56
God Member

I really don't see any problem with this. If an organistion wants to hire this venue for the day, at the normal commercial rate,then so be it; it is up to them what admission criteria to have. My understanding is that no alcoholic drinks will be available, all will be welcome but women will have to be modestly dressed.

I wonder if Hyndburn Council have ever considered hiring out, say Oakhill Park for the day, for a community festival? I think the word is Mele...anyway, I'm sure the commercial rate for doing so would be about 5-10 thousand pounds. Everyone could have a good time, the organisers could charge a small fee to cover costs and public funds would see a net gain.Good idea or what?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 21-07-2006 at 09:52.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 10:13   #57
Senior Member+

What I don't understand is this quote,

“We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers. We’re trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community. People can come down and see the way we live. It will be a peaceful family environment.”

How is this intergrating with the British people if only for muslims. Or is it intergration with there own kind?
Old 21-07-2006, 10:15   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I really don't see any problem with this. If an organistion wants to hire this venue for the day, at the normal commercial rate,then so be it; it is up to them what admission criteria to have. My understanding is that no alcoholic drinks will be available, all will be welcome but women will have to be modestly dressed.

I wonder if Hyndburn Council have ever considered hiring out, say Oakhill Park for the day, for a community festival? I think the word is Mele...anyway, I'm sure the commercial rate for doing so would be about 5-10 thousand pounds. Everyone could have a good time, the organisers could charge a small fee to cover costs and public funds would see a net gain.Good idea or what?
Well done, Tealeaf, you've managed to hijack three threads with the same old rant - any more for any more?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 10:15   #59
Super Moderator

What exactly do the objectors want, though? Do they want the government to pass a law so that owners of commerical venues are not allowed to hire them out to private organisations? Think you might see quite a lot of these venues going bankrupt if you did that!

I really don't see what's the harm in a muslim group hiring Alton Towers for the day. Personally, you wouldn't get me within a million miles of any venue with no booze and modestly dressed women, but each to his own!
Old 21-07-2006, 10:20   #60

Ok forget the so called religeous aspect of it all,It has been stated that non attached males and non attached females may not enjoy the rides together (no smut please) and there will be set times ie 12 -1300 males only 1300- 1400 females only this is sexual descrimination surely ,illegal in Great Britain.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..