Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 18:45   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Everybody's Out of Step.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Anything to do with the EU...even the mention of it...puts my hackles up.....so my hackles have been on end all day today.
And that shrimp Sarkozy( I hate the gallic worm)...he's only looking out for his own interests - up for re-election next year.
Ya but from a blokes point of view his wifes all right
Old 09-12-2011, 18:46   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya and Brown would have sold us down the river again
Pathetic response as usual, aint the balls to admit they are all the same- more so regarding Europe.
Old 09-12-2011, 18:47   #18
Beacon of light

Don't know what she sees in him.........ugly french git.
Maybe he has money.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 18:48   #19
Beacon of light

Cashy, they are all the same, not just in regards to Europe, but also in regards to the electorate here. I really thought(hoped) our MP would be different...now isn't that the triumph of hope over experience?
Old 09-12-2011, 19:07   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy, they are all the same, not just in regards to Europe, but also in regards to the electorate here. I really thought(hoped) our MP would be different...now isn't that the triumph of hope over experience?
is that not what i said?
Old 09-12-2011, 19:10   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Pathetic response as usual, aint the balls to admit they are all the same- more so regarding Europe.
Well its true, Brown or even Mr Ed would have been falling over themselves to sign on the dotted, at least Cameron had the sense to tell um to spin on it

Old 09-12-2011, 19:12   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't know what she sees in him.........ugly french git.
Maybe he has money.
Or maybe, na we'll not go there
Old 09-12-2011, 19:13   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes he is trying to safeguard the interests of the 'square mile crew'.
Like them or loath them, Margaret, the businesses of the 'square mile crew' provide 11% of the governments total tax income(as well as the tax the 'crew' pay on their obscene salaries and bonuses).
If the Financial Transactions Tax is brought in the UK companies will pay 70% of the total raised in 27 countries! It was aimed at London by the Germans and French.
What would the companies do? They'd get out of the UK to Singapore,USA etc. What would we do without that 11% tax? More cuts, more job losses,more taxes? That would affect everyone!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 19:17   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Like them or loath them, Margaret, the businesses of the 'square mile crew' provide 11% of the governments total tax income(as well as the tax the 'crew' pay on their obscene salaries and bonuses).
If the Financial Transactions Tax is brought in the UK companies will pay 70% of the total raised in 27 countries! It was aimed at London by the Germans and French.
What would the companies do? They'd get out of the UK to Singapore,USA etc. What would we do without that 11% tax? More cuts, more job losses,more taxes? That would affect everyone!
Think the figure that would be lost is about £54 billion Gordon
Old 09-12-2011, 19:22   #25
JFT96

Well said Gordon

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 19:46   #26
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
is that not what i said?
I was agreeing with you Cashy, and just pointing out that I had hoped our MP would be different...some fat chance
Old 09-12-2011, 19:50   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:
Yes Gordon....I was listening too....through gritted teeth(well, no through my ears, but my teeth were gritted).....and yes they would leave us pronto. I truly think that is what the EU want to do....drop us in the brown smelly stuff that stains your clothes.
I actually don't care that they are giving DC the cold shoulder....now let's hope his own team give him some hot tongue when he gets back and we get a say in what goes on.
Old 09-12-2011, 20:49   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Fer my money,thats the worst position Britain could be in thanks to Cameron, we hadn't that many,but we have now "Become Billy No Mates" in the E.U. n the fact he says No Referendum needed,will leave us well goosed anyway, Time will tell.
Old 09-12-2011, 21:00   #29
Super Moderator

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Cameron's actions, the fact is that our position in the EU has fundamentally changed forever. If we're in a minority of one, then what's the point of being in at all, handing over obscene amounts of money to an organisation which we have no say over? I reckon we should pull out, but, unlike Graham Jones, Bernard Dawson, Claytonender et al, I don't want to impose my will on the British people. I'm quite happy to have a referendum and abide by the outcome. Bring it on!
Old 09-12-2011, 21:02   #30
Beacon of light

Cashy with mates like that you don't need enemies.
Do you seriously think that countries in the EU are going to stop trading with us?
Anyway, the EU countries skew the criteria for contracts so that their own countries come out top of the pack anyway.
Do you honestly think that France Germany and Spain follow the EU rules and regulations as slavishly as the Brits?...of course they don't...they choose which rules suit them and follow those.
I think we have M.U.G.S. tattooed on our foreheads.....we pay in loads and get the least out of it.
I don't want to be in their gang,they don't play fair and they certainly don't play by the rules........and if they think someone has got one over on them, they take the ball and play in their own field.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..