Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45   #46
God Member

Re: Everybody's Out of Step.......

This is a documentary on the history of banking, which reveals the background to the financial global mess we now have.
If you want to know 'where's the money gone?' - this will explain.
It also explains why the decision to veto the EU was to protect the bankers, not our sovereignty.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52   #47
God Member

too true i just cant get how some people are so out of touch with politics these days everybody knows the tories are financed by the finance sector the proverbial is about to hit the fan with this out of depth goverment
Old 10-12-2011, 11:17   #48
JFT96

I don't believe it, Cmon replying to a thread without the need to cut and paste. You are right it's all the Nasty Tories fault, Northern Rock, Selling our gold reserves off etc

thinking about it, surely David Cameron should have signed up to the new improved Europe, after all that would have moved us a bit closer to the New World Order we keep getting told about

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 10-12-2011 at 11:23.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:23   #49
God Member

and selling the banks at dirt cheap prices back to the finance sector ripping off the tax payer
Old 10-12-2011, 11:33   #50
JFT96

And who exactly oversaw the collapse of said Bank in the first place? you seem, to think that your beloved Labour have never ever done anything wrong.

After searching your history, I note you have never ever even once, commented against the last government while they were in power, very balanced.

You claim to read Private Eye, well you provide a link, I am a subscriber to it, yet you never ever came on hee over the years and mentioned the PFI joke, Tax offices being sold to offshore companied, NHS hospitals paying Billions in rent, schools etc by the last government, yet you start on about Mr Cameron helping out the bankers???
To think you call me and anyone who disagrees with your very red tinted view blinkered.

So we stay and sign up to the deal, we lose control of our budgets, have to bail out more countries and lose what's left of our sovereignty.
I cannot wait for your enlightened one line answer to this

Old 10-12-2011, 12:11   #51
God Member

because the tories sold anything worth keeping in the eighties they started the rot with cuts crumbling schools hospitals squeezing who they claimed to support the house owner. i remember when i first moved down to lancashire in the eighties with people still having outside toilets and poverty all because they owned their homes god bless the nmw that stopped all the eastern europeans coming to this country working for a pound an hour the tories put in place what happened with the de regulation of the banks in the eighties they created a monster Margaret Thatcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-12-2011, 12:21   #52
JFT96

ah Maggie to blame. 4 pages in and we get to that .......again

Old 10-12-2011, 12:37   #53
God Member

we,ll have to agree to disagree but who think cameron could call for a snap election due to the popularity of his european policies.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:59   #54
JFT96

Fair point Cmon,
Yes if Diamond Dave called a election he might get the majority he wanted.
We will have to wait and see

Old 10-12-2011, 13:19   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Fair point Cmon,
Yes if Diamond Dave called a election he might get the majority he wanted.
We will have to wait and see
No doubt in my mind if Cameron called a snap election,he would walk it simple as, have just said the same thing in the watering hole to tealeaf,who by the way agreed, thing is though he wont i reckon, thats one thing he aint got the balls to do.
Old 10-12-2011, 13:52   #56
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
and selling the banks at dirt cheap prices back to the finance sector ripping off the tax payer
Is that any different to the wall eyed scot who sold the gold reserves when he didn't need to?...had he kept hold of them we would be something like 54 billion richer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 14:31   #57
JFT96

Very true Cashy, but we have not had any Prime Minister with balls since Maggie.

Old 10-12-2011, 14:34   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
too true i just cant get how some people are so out of touch with politics these days everybody knows the tories are financed by the finance sector the proverbial is about to hit the fan with this out of depth goverment
Well you have proved time after time you are absolutely clueless about any form of politics, which is in keeping with a few of your countrymen and for Christs sack it's Government not goverment, why don't you down load a bloody spell check you lazy git
Old 10-12-2011, 15:24   #59
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
why don't you down load a bloody spell check you lazy git
My Keyboard now completely useless, it's taken a while, but I think you timed your revenge perfectly.
How did you know I would just have taken a mouthful of coffee at the moment I got to the above statement?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 16:39   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well you have proved time after time you are absolutely clueless about any form of politics, which is in keeping with a few of your countrymen and for Christs sack it's Government not goverment, why don't you down load a bloody spell check you lazy git
well i would but its a bit dark here frankfurt is a finiancial centre as well

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..