Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 09:41   #121
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
lets face it the bloody French never wanted us in the Common Market in the first place
There you go, we can even find something good to say about the French, if they had, had their way we wouldn't be in this mess.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2011, 10:07   #122
God Member

Re: Everybody's Out of Step.......

And now, its time for letterbombs.

Last week Deutsche Bank CEO, Josef Ackerman, was injured by one and today in Rome a tax collector was almost blinded by a similar device.

It seems that talk of rope and lamposts is not perhaps so far fetched after all.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14   #123
JCB

Quote:
Well a flash GE in say January there would be 3 main choices

1 Cameron

2 Mr ED

3 Clegg

I don't fancy the chances of 2 or 3 do you
I said in my post , Jaysay , that we will have a majority Conservative government .

The more I see of the Liberal Democrat despair at the Brussels' farce , and the hero's reception David Cameron will get from the Conservative MPs , the more convinced I am that there will be a General Election next year .

But the only certainty is that whatever happens we will remain in the EU . Numbers 1 , 2 , and 3 are all committed to it .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:16   #124
Beacon of light

Quote:
Your right about the frogs Margaret, they keep forgetting we bailed um out in two world wars, we even let the nasty little general a safe haven from those nasty Huns, then De Gaulle couldn't wait to kick us in the goolies, lets face it the bloody French never wanted us in the Common Market in the first place

No John, they have never forgotten that we bailed them out, but they have never forgiven us for it...us, the little nation of shopkeepers...isn't that what Napolean named us?
I have never forgiven Charles de Gaulle for allowing us in.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

But the only certainty is that whatever happens we will remain in the EU . Numbers 1 , 2 , and 3 are all committed to it .
Thats the bit the ordinary tories are too dumb to get.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22   #126
Beacon of light

If there is a General Election next year the I will not be voting for any party who don't give assurances to let the electorate decide on whether we Should be in or out of the EU....and I reckon there will be many more like me.
I don't want to dance to any tune that Sarkozy or Merkel want to play...........some Lib dem on TV yesterday said there was no way the Euro wanted us to give up our sovereignty...tell that to the Greeks and the Italians who have had leaders imosed on them....and it could happen here too.....could you see the Euro-puppet Nick Clegg as leader of this country? The very idea is risible.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:24   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats the bit the ordinary tories are too dumb to get.
Well I haven't talked to any ordinary Tories lately cashy
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26   #128
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If there is a General Election next year the I will not be voting for any party who don't give assurances to let the electorate decide on whether we Should be in or out of the EU....and I reckon there will be many more like me.
I don't want to dance to any tune that Sarkozy or Merkel want to play...........some Lib dem on TV yesterday said there was no way the Euro wanted us to give up our sovereignty...tell that to the Greeks and the Italians who have had leaders imosed on them....and it could happen here too.....could you see the Euro-puppet Nick Clegg as leader of this country? The very idea is risible.
Don't let Nick Clegg bother you Margaret, I've more chance of being leader than him
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46   #129
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Well I haven't talked to any ordinary Tories lately cashy
I have never spoken to an ordinary Tory in my life, they are all so full of themselves the rest of us can't get a word in edgeways!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:07   #130
Beacon of light

The thing is Jaysay, it has happened in Greece and in Italy....the EU has imposed unelected leaders who are strongly in favour of all things to do with Europe........and Nick Clegg has previously worked for the EU and is bound(I think bu some regulation or other) to promote the views of the EU.....so the EU would think him a prime candidate for the leadership of the country.

Personally, I cannot see the point of voting for a politician who is happy to have all the rules made in Brussels....what is the point of having an MP if they are going to sit in the great Palace of Westminster doing the biding of the Brussles bureaucrats, rather than we, who pay their salaries?????
Talk about chewing your cabbage twice.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:19   #131
God Member

Another thing to consider is that had Britain stupidly signed up to Europe's Federal EU Road map, it would have effectively committed Britain to supporting the Euro, come-what-may, and given the ECB access to Britain's triple A rated borrowing power.

So, we have probably saved ourselves being coerced into borrowing up to £200 billion to boost the Euro rescue fund.

Little wonder then that the Fuhrerin and her dwarf are royally pee'd off with us.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20   #132
Beacon of light

Sarkozy doesn't want the UK to leave the EU........he reckons the EU would be impoverished by our exit....so there you have it.
They are telling us they need us to stay in..........didn't look much like that when he snubbed DC.
Old 12-12-2011, 13:49   #133
God Member

I don't think we need to worry too much about the french dwarf. After Dave's walkout on Thursday night, he knows that his chances of re-election went the same way. Did anyone read what his challenger for the presidential election said? Effectively that the accord or pact or treaty or whatever it was that they cobbled together will all have to be renegotiated after the election - more along the lines of what London had been suggesting all along.

Also in Germany there is the feeling that Der Fuhrerin has also gone too too far. Apparently there was the expectation that London would be more of a steadying influence - a failure of the F&CO, I'm not sure that wee Willy Hague is really cut out for the Foreign Office. the Bundesbank is also complaining that the 200 billion euros for the ECB to give to the IMF is Illegal anyway.

Meanwhile the Italian Bond Yield has been rising all day, the Euro is down, and it seems that the Americans are determined to make London the scapegoat for the coming market crash. It's all about hypothecation and how London made it possible for American banks to get away with so much of it.
Old 12-12-2011, 14:38   #134
God Member

Are we heading for another Great Depression then?

Which day will be the "black" one this time i wonder.

Should we all be hitting the "mother's ruin"?

Get out your acryllics and paint us a nice bright picture for the future A-B!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 15:52   #135
God Member

Everything is on course. Here's a bit of cheeruppance from the last time it happened...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..