Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 18:32   #106
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Everybody's Out of Step.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
..and in real terms what could Brussels do about it?

M&S will have a hook on which to hang the blame.
Kick us out ??? Isn't that what the Brits want ?

This isn't just any old European meltdown, the PIIGS are finely roasted & basted until they're about ready to burst, this is an M&S meltdown & roasting.
Old 11-12-2011, 18:37   #107
Beacon of light

You can't kick someone out if they are itching to go anyway.
Great post by the way...love the take off of the M&S advert what's for afters and what wine are we drinkin with it....and is £10 a head.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 19:11   #108
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
..love the take off of the M&S advert what's for afters and what wine are we drinkin with it....and is £10 a head.
German Wine "Blewit Nun" & A French desert of Craps, sorry that should read "Creeps & Tarts"

And all for €20,00, yeah I know it's a bit steep but we've an economy to screw up.

misspelling intentional but to good comic effect
Old 11-12-2011, 19:15   #109
Beacon of light

sounds.....er...interesting, if a little on the dear side.
I'll wait and see how the finances are after the Crimbo shopping......who knows it might be cut rpice by then?
Old 11-12-2011, 19:27   #110
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
sounds.....er...interesting, if a little on the dear side.
I'll wait and see how the finances are after the Crimbo shopping......who knows it might be cut rpice by then?
Nope as you're English (and as a punishment) for daring to say Non/Nien to the Führerin & her sneering side kick, "For you Tommy zer price vill alvays be high ! In denial "

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 11-12-2011 at 19:32.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 19:40   #111
JFT96

Bring it on, fritz

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 20:28   #112
God Member

Glad I have this thread to read ... nothing much on the news about it over here ... maybe the guy with the note in the cleft stick hasn't made it over yet

There was an item on CBC: "UK coalition showing cracks." But it came in 4th place after stories about the election of a new leader of the Bloc Quebecois, the ongoing problems on the Attawapskat Reserve, and the election in Russia.

I seem to remeber that the last time Great Britain had a problem with the French and the Germans, they sank most of the French Fleet, and bombed Berilin.

Europeans ... and I don't consider the UK to be "european" ... have always been assholes, particularly the "shall we surrender now or wait for the war to start" French, and the kriegslustig Krauts. In the long run, I agree with what seems to be a growing number of Brits: the UK will be better going it alone and seeking new economic alliances.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 21:06   #113
God Member

ahh but we need planes and aircraft carriers oh i forgot were going to have french planes on our aircraft carriers when theyre built goodbye coalition i smell an election next year..
Old 11-12-2011, 21:15   #114
JFT96

Who needs Aircraft Carriers, when we have Trident ICBM's

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 21:17   #115
Beacon of light

I think that after the Sarkozy debacle, the french planes will be landing on the sea.
Old 11-12-2011, 21:23   #116
God Member

he gave cameron the cold shoulder alright,him and his german sidekick are unstable out of respect even if you couldnt stick him you would still acknowledge another world leader
Old 12-12-2011, 07:28   #117
Beacon of light

Yes, you would. It is called courtesy....but the French hate us and can't wait to stick one on us(but they won't be up front and do it decently - they do it like a school bully, leg you up in the lines at assembly, then smirk to say you had it coming)......the Germans have never forgiven us for beating them in the last two wars...and at the football in 1966.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:39   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
It may be my cynicism , but I don't think David Cameron had any intention of reaching an agreement .

He knew what the EU issue did to the government led by John Major .

He realised that the Conservative Euro-sceptics were becoming increasingly fractious .

My prediction for 2012 is that David Cameron will call a General Election based on the fact that he stuck two fingers up to the EU , something which he knew would go down well with most of the British electorate , and that we will have a majority Conservative government .

Whether these party political shenanigans will be beneficial for the country is something we will have to await and see .
Well a flash GE in say January there would be 3 main choices

1 Cameron

2 Mr ED

3 Clegg

I don't fancy the chances of 2 or 3 do you
Old 12-12-2011, 08:42   #119
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
he gave cameron the cold shoulder alright,him and his german sidekick are unstable out of respect even if you couldnt stick him you would still acknowledge another world leader
Not much hope if these are the antics of 'World Leaders'.
More like what Marge P' says just a bunch of bullies.
But no need to worry, Cameron will no doubt act in a similar manner towards someone weaker than himself.
This type of behaviour is always passed down the line.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes, you would. It is called courtesy....but the French hate us and can't wait to stick one on us(but they won't be up front and do it decently - they do it like a school bully, leg you up in the lines at assembly, then smirk to say you had it coming)......the Germans have never forgiven us for beating them in the last two wars...and at the football in 1966.
Your right about the frogs Margaret, they keep forgetting we bailed um out in two world wars, we even let the nasty little general a safe haven from those nasty Huns, then De Gaulle couldn't wait to kick us in the goolies, lets face it the bloody French never wanted us in the Common Market in the first place

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..