Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2004, 23:30   #16
God Member

Re: [B]Forbidden Subject[/B]

I don't understand the question? Tesco want it changed because the name effects sales... what do they care what it means or anything else for that matter.. It effects sales... thatsit! ... its got nothing to do with anyone being offended or the pc brigade or people called richard.
Old 23-07-2004, 23:36   #17
God Member

Quote:
am still waiting for a reply from someone from the ethnic minority to give their opinions of their countries "slang name"

What makes you think someone will.. and if/when they do what difference will it make.. if 6 asians now post saying they dont care or they think its funny or they use it themselves... what difference will that make and more interestingly... who cares?

Whats the point to the question?
Old 23-07-2004, 23:38   #18
Always EVIL within us

Apparently someone feels that my "Karma" on this post is somewhat negative and has taken one point for their troubles. As far as I am concerned they can take the whole lot as it is a subject close to my heart and I feel strongly that we are being taken for a ride by faceless beurocrats and to be totally racist will say that they are white bigoted idiots.............
Old 23-07-2004, 23:39   #19
God Member

Still wondering what the point of your question is?
Old 24-07-2004, 00:15   #20
Always EVIL within us

.and I am being accused of being negative Kipax!! Are you still going on about spotted dicks or do you mean to say that if 1 or 10 asians reply to my thread, it is still a waste of time because nothing will change? If it is the latter, you are probably right. Partly because people like yourself accept what is happening and will not challenge the do gooders!.........just lay down and go to sleep.
I have repeatedly asked for a reply from other races, not just Asians but Americans, Irish, whatever! Just about every country in the world has got a "slang" name and most take it on the chin and reply to people in a similar manner but we brits have been told to take it seriously or else be taken to court and have the key thrown away!

This is notabout Asians but about the rights of people from the UK to reply to others in a similar manner to which they are spoken to.

I want to hear first-hand from others what they feel is insulting but not from the do-gooders like yourself who want to tell me what other countries feel.
Old 24-07-2004, 01:37   #21
God Member

Quote:
I want to hear first-hand from others what they feel is insulting but not from the do-gooders like yourself who want to tell me what other countries feel.
I was having a nice chat with you and I merely asked what the point of your question was... thats all .. theres no need to be insulting.

Last edited by KIPAX; 24-07-2004 at 01:54.
Old 24-07-2004, 10:12   #22
God Member

Re: Forbidden Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
Apparently someone feels that my "Karma" on this post is somewhat negative and has taken one point for their troubles.
I've just worked the Karma out. How it works is, if Pikax doesn't agree with you he deducts points from your Karma.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 24-07-2004, 10:34   #23
God Member

I think if you take the time to read this thread that I am in agreement with the subject that all this name changing and stuff has got way out of hand...his karma went down while I was agreeing with the thread.. the only time things have got sour on here was when for some reason busman has turned on me just because I asked why he was asking the question. I cant follow why he has though? it seemed a simple enough question and wasnt meant to upset him so much

But hey.. now I know where you stand.. seems you ahve somehtng against me eh.. cheers for that mate.
Old 24-07-2004, 11:34   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipax
But hey.. now I know where you stand.. seems you ahve somehtng against me eh.. cheers for that mate.
Nothing against you whatsoever. But I've noticed on other threads you rise so readily to the bait that I just couldn't help trying to provoke you into doing so. If only the trout I try to catch took the bait with such enthusiasm.

Old 24-07-2004, 11:48   #25
God Member

Quote:
I just couldn't help trying to provoke you into doing so.
Well done.. you got what you where looking for. I reacted just as you suspected I would... Well done...

Like I say.. thanks for that
Old 24-07-2004, 11:50   #26
God Member

Brilliant 6 more Karma points disappeared. Point proved I think. Lets see if I can't lose the last two.
Sell the Arndale Clock for scrap and use the funds raised to erect more speed cameras and/or road humps. Wouldn't work though, the clock isn't worth that much.

Old 24-07-2004, 11:57   #27
God Member

Well I can assure you it wasn't me... But your probably not going to believe that as you ahve obviously made up your own mind by your response.. Nothing against me? It would seem you ahve.. first you try to wind me up for your own pleasure and now you presume I am really taking points off you..

Remind me again what I did to upset you so much?
Old 24-07-2004, 12:23   #28
God Member

My Dear Mr. Kipax,
Please accept my unreserved apologies if, as you claim, you are not the phantom karma pilferer. I in turn can assure you that you have done nothing whatsoever to upset me. You must admit though, you are remarkably easy to wind up.

Old 24-07-2004, 12:33   #29
God Member

Quote:
You must admit though, you are remarkably easy to wind up
If you meet someone who bleeds easy do you stab them to see for yourself.?

Like I say.. i didn't touch your kama....the funny thing is I doubt very much that you believe me.

Shall we leave it for now... unless of course your thinking of insulting me in another thread just because you find it amusing?

BTW Have you ever read your sig?

Off to footy now...saturdays.. Love em
Old 24-07-2004, 12:39   #30
Always EVIL within us

ok, now that Kipax is off to his football match, is there anyone who wants to comment on the original thread?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..