Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2004, 23:58   #76

Re: Forbidden Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
i cant find one single person on this forum defending whats being talked about...

just people posting exactly the same point about it being wrong and out of hand..

its a one sided fight that your all jumping into... the points been made that its wrong and out of hand and no one is arguing it..in fact everyone is agreeing it.... yet still you all flock to try and prove the point that no one is arguing... now even to the point that bob here is aiming his posts just specificly at those that dont agree..... there is no one bob! we all agree.. hehehehe

its dead funny
Assuming that the members of this message board are not unique in this aspect perhaps this is the very point of the whole thread. Why are we being told that these things are wrong and more to the point why are we simply sitting down and accepting what we are told instead of questioning it at a higher level?
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2004, 00:14   #77
Always EVIL within us

OK, I call an end to this post, We all agree that there is an injustice as regards what we say that can be classed as racism. No one has come up with an answer (not surprising) I am dissapointed that there were not more threads from those living abroad but the general concencus???Oh god, my spelling! is that we must accept the rules laid down by the minority are accepted by the majority! this is way that we must?? accept it. god help us all!!
Old 26-07-2004, 00:17   #78

I still want to know if I'm allowed to say Paccy Ali.
Old 26-07-2004, 00:43   #79
God Member

KIPAX wants to ask a question so lets all be grown ups and change his name and tell him not to post in this thread...

Well I happen to be enjoying myself so I am staying... Like it or lump it as they say.............Just suprised no one else is having as much fun as I am....

Try not to be so serious chaps

Last edited by KIPAX; 26-07-2004 at 01:43. Reason: hapopen isnt a real word :)
Old 26-07-2004, 05:50   #80
God Member

>>now even to the point that bob here is aiming his posts just specificly at those that dont agree..... there is no one bob! we all agree.. hehehehe

its dead funny<<

Do you seariously imagine that I am such an empty headed, cloth-eared wazzock, that I do not realise that the majority of contributors to this thread agree with the opnions expressed? My posts were made to illustrate the fact that it is not just the contributors here who agree that political correctness is wrong. That there is a considerable body of intellectual and aceademic opinion that supports the contention that political correctness is an aberrant philosophical position which has consequences often a varience with it's stated intention.

But I suspect that you already knew that, and that you are merely trying Tealeaf's mantle on for size, in his absence. I have bad news for you pal, it doesn't fit! And before you ask, yes, it does make your bum look big.
Old 26-07-2004, 07:50   #81
Always EVIL within us

OK Kipax, ask your question. I am leaving for my holiday in about 15 minutes but if the question is intelligent, I will be back on Friday to reply.
Old 26-07-2004, 08:30   #82
God Member

I asked enough times... You had all week.. Missed yer chance son
Old 26-07-2004, 08:48   #83
Resident Waffler

I didn't realise there was a time limit to permitted responses on Accy Web. I've been on hols for a few days and going back again this morning so no doubt I'll be coming back in a couple of weeks and posting things which are far too late in your opinion.

Eer, did I miss the question somewhere by the way? What was it again? Were you asking what the point of this thread was? It looks to me like you've been answered more than once by all the people who have something constructive informative and intelligent to say on the subject. I've enjoyed reading the links because I have learned something from them. One thing I've learned is that I'm not alone in my opinion that too much PC "guidance" can be a dangerous thing. Some people can voice my opinion a lot more eloquently than I can.

In order for a thread to be worthwhile it doesn't have to consist of people in disagreement. We can learn a lot from people who agree with our point of view but have more information to provide.

It's like the buses thread, we can all agree that public transport leaves a lot to be desired. That doesn't make the discussion pointless because no-one has come out in defence of public transport.

Old 26-07-2004, 09:06   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I didn't realise there was a time limit to permitted responses on Accy Web.
Wow niether did I? What is it willow.. hope its longer than a few hrs only I ahve to sleep sometimes... come on share then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
It's like the buses thread, we can all agree that public transport leaves a lot to be desired. That doesn't make the discussion pointless because no-one has come out in defence of public transport.
It does when someone posts messages directed solely at those people that dont exist.. thats when it gets a little silly..

It isnt people agreeing wiht each other in this thread.. its people getting very upset (busman ya gotta admit you do get upset at the slightest thing) and asking the same questions.. when a questions been asked and everyone agrees.. thats great.. when a questions been asked and then more people ask the same question and they al get upset because no one answers.. then its silly... If you just want to find someone to argue wiht for the sake of it then good for you.. but an ounce of common while reading the thread will show you its not as you describe..

have you seen the insults and the childish name changing.. busman called me a do gooder trying to argue wiht him when i was agreeing with him.. he is that desperate for someone to argue the point...

I strive to find grown ups to debate a subject with and all i get is people who resort to childish insults when someone questions there side of the debate

I do hope none of you are like this in real life
Old 26-07-2004, 09:12   #85

well i'm quite disappointed in the whole one-sided debate. If thats what you can call it
Old 26-07-2004, 09:12   #86
Resident Waffler

This is the problem with different people's perception of the written word. You see insults where none are apparent to me and others see insults where you say you have insulted no-one. Could it possibly be I wonder that no-one actually intentionally insults anyone else but people take offence anyway?

Time limit? Well you said Busman has had all week and missed his chance.

Old 26-07-2004, 09:13   #87

I think you might be right there willow
Old 26-07-2004, 09:15   #88
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
well i'm quite disappointed in the whole one-sided debate. If thats what you can call it
It illustrates the point that we all bow to political correctness even though we don't agree with it. The things like baa baa blacksheep and blackboards make a mockery of real racism by lumping nonsense like that all in the same bracket.

Old 26-07-2004, 09:24   #89
God Member

Quote:
Time limit? Well you said Busman has had all week and missed his chance.
And I am in charge am I..Thats good to know Or was you trying to be sarcastic... just what the thread needs eh

Steph has a good point.. Its so one sided that you cant really call it a debate.. all these grown men looking for someone to argue with and getting upset when everyone agrees with them.

I agree with the questions asked.,... My mistake was to ask the point of the question...
Old 26-07-2004, 09:42   #90
Resident Waffler

I agree that a debate is more interesting if we have opposing points of view but this discussion is also interesting because although people are in agreement with the basic idea they have brought up different points which we may not otherwise have known (such as the links I mentioned earlier) I have learned something from those so for that reason alone I would say this thread is worthwhile.

At one stage I was asked why I had started a new thread on a subject which had been mentioned in another thread, yet at the same time people are criticised for thread wandering and therefore encouraged to start new threads. If the very existence of some new threads is criticised by members of longstanding surely that would discourage people from starting new threads and the website would lose its point.

Anyway I'm off on the second stage of my holiday soon and if there's anything more interesting been added here when I get back I'll probably read it and say something else then too.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..