Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2004, 12:43   #31
I am Band

Re: Forbidden Subject

I realise that I'm stepping aside frome the thread theme, talking about the handing out and pilfering of Karma points.... soz.

Would it be possible to know who we receive karma from? There is the option to give a reason for dishing out karma, when doing so, but we don't know from whom.

Also, if we were to know who our detractors were, and just as importantly, why they've got the hump, then any spat could be carried on via private messaging, and thus not bringing down the happy mood on an open forum thread.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2004, 12:45   #32
Member.

Well put sir............
Old 24-07-2004, 12:48   #33
Always EVIL within us

agree Sparkologist, I have been deducted 4 karma points while Kipax was arguing with "yerself"
Old 24-07-2004, 12:54   #34
God Member

One person cannot deduct so many points within a given time of days or a week.. not sure the limitations.... you cant give or deduct karma to that extent.. its absoloutly impossible for me to have done what your all accusing...sorry but it just is not possible

Talk about a witch hunt.... grow up
Old 24-07-2004, 13:01   #35
God Member

As stated earlier busman I was actually in agreement with you... All I did was ask you the point of your question...you turned on me for no apparent reason at that point and didnt you already complain of losing kama before that?
Old 24-07-2004, 13:07   #36
Always EVIL within us

sorry kipax, but I have never once associated your name with my losing karma points. get off your high horse please,
Old 24-07-2004, 13:08   #37
I am Band

Maybe it is just me being childish or overtly patriotic, but I once suffered what I believe to be a form of racism.
Four years ago, when flying to the States to work, I was given a temporary entrance visa form to fill in, during the flight. In the box marked 'nationalty', I wrote 'English'. When passing through customs at JFK airport in New York, an 'Afro-Carribean' scribbled out the word 'English', and wrote 'UK' in its place.
This I find to be gratuitously offensive. I am not Jockenese, or a Taffy, or a Mick, (Ooo Lordy, I can feel them karma points slipping away), I'm English and proud of that fact.
When I pointed out his error, the customs officer told me that England didn't exist, only the UK, and if I continued to complain, I would not gain entry to the country. I found this statement hard to take, considering it was coming from someone who appeared to have the IQ of a concussed goldfish.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Old 24-07-2004, 13:09   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
is there anyone who wants to comment on the original thread?
Political correctness has certainly gone mad, apparently Baa Baa Black Sheep is now to be referred to as Baa Baa Little Sheep.
Regarding racism I honestly do not believe the majority of the population to be racist. I do think, however, that even the most non-racist tend to get annoyed at the amount of positive discrimination that seems to take place.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 24-07-2004, 13:32   #39
Always EVIL within us

I sometimes wonder if there is an organisation behind this PC rubbish, Everyone seems scared to voice their opinions yet there is no tangible group of people/army/police to bang on the door in the middle of the night and drag dissidents away.......is there?
Old 24-07-2004, 16:19   #40

It appears the way we are going,that black puddings in the future will be called,
"a mixture of pigs -blood,oatmeal,suet, and seasoning enclosed in a sausage skin pudding".
Old 24-07-2004, 18:13   #41

Dont start on the BLACK PUDDING theve don nowt wrong, besides i like them :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
Old 24-07-2004, 23:31   #42
I am Band

Ooo, those puddings of a darkened hue, don't you just love 'em.
Slice 'em, then grill 'em till they're crisply sealed. There's nowt as grand as a tarmac burger.

Old 24-07-2004, 23:33   #43
Accrington Web Mascot

What will white puddings be called?????
Old 25-07-2004, 09:39   #44

Honky puddings!.
Old 25-07-2004, 11:41   #45

When folks refer to me as a cowboy I sometimes don’t know how to take it. So I shoot them anyhow just in case.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..