Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2012, 18:32   #16
God Member

Re: Hyndburn Homes - asbestos removal

I remind you that my potty won 1st prize in photo competition #62 on this site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg potty.jpg (20.7 KB, 14 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2012, 19:38   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I remind you that my potty won 1st prize in photo competition #62 on this site
MargaretR, I hate to point this out but you've been using an old pottery bed warmer as a potty!
Not only is that very unhygienic- it must be quite difficult as well.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 22:55   #18
God Member

Hyndburn homes made me 'an offer I can't refuse'
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/c...fiacartoon.jpg

"vacate or we will obtain a court order"

I had sent my son mail at the beginning of the week telling him what was going on, but I hadn't had a reply.

His home is emptied of nasty airborne stuff when he knows I am visiting, and is the only place I can expect such precautions to be taken.

The Hyndburn Homes offer to transport me to any old folks home or hotel of my choosing would not guarantee such safeguards. The hotel where I stayed for his wedding a year ago got over a weeks notice so that I got a room not recently occupied, cleared of toiletries, ventilated and no chemical cleaners used in it before my arrival.

I phoned my son and found he was away on holiday until Saturday and that is why he hadn't been aware of my predicament. Now my safe place for Monday is arranged.

Reluctantly I concede defeat. I have the ordeal of a 'swinging tree' taxi ride to look forward to.

I have ordered some carbon filter odour face masks from Screwfix - next day delivery due tomorrow. If I find they work it might give me an incentive to venture out into the wide smelly world you all occupy. If they don't, the next trial will be a half face mask respirator, which might scare young children because it does remind me of the horror film 'The Fly'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-fly-spanish-movie-poster-1958.jpg (40.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-02-2012 at 22:59.
Old 17-02-2012, 08:51   #19
Resting in Peace

I think walking out as normal would do that MargaretSorry I couldn't resist
Old 20-02-2012, 21:24   #20
God Member

I am back - at just before 10pm!* and the job will need to be resumed in a few days time( not finished will have to vacate again)

I have returned to a rain damaged flat with central heating not functioning and no loft insulation.

I will give more detail later when I have complied a full list of damage.
I await visit from the out of hours call out repair man to get my heating working again.

* workmen were leaving as I arrived ! I was not allowed to come home earlier

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-02-2012 at 21:26.
Old 20-02-2012, 21:44   #21

You are having a rough time by the sound of it, Margaret. Hope things work out OK.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 21:59   #22
God Member

They made a hole in the roof tiles to use air evacuation gear.
The rain came through the hole, through the ceiling , saturating an area of carpet and a suede leather cushion on my sofa.

They had used my toilet - seat was up. They may have even used the shower - the power supply to it had been switched on and the glass door entrance to it had been moved

They had entered my bedroom and moved the vac cleaner and a 4 way socket.

If the narrow hallway was 'tented up', how did they get in those rooms? and why should they?

They had sat in my recliner chair - (it doesn't recline of its own accord and I didn't leave it reclined)

My kitchen storeroom had been emptied and was not restored to the tidy condition they found it in.

I feel similar to the way I felt after a burglary - my personal space has been abused

Hyndburn Homes Repairs have restored my central heating at 10.30pm, but it will take a while to get this flat warm, especially with no loft insulation (they removed it) and a patched hole in the roof tiles.

I am not a happy bunny.

Old 20-02-2012, 22:17   #23

Blimey! I don't think I will ever let Hyndburn Homes into my house. It's incredible that they would leave it in that state for you to move back into.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 22:25   #24
God Member

The pound note signs are rolling in my eyes as I type, but I could have done without the hassle of correcting the mess.

Feeling rage does not benefit my fragile medical condition.

I slept very poorly last night in my step-grandson's bed (he is away at UNI)

I feel the need to change my sheets here - they may have even had a nap in my bed - hope they took off their asbestos protection gear first.

Old 20-02-2012, 22:37   #25
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The pound note signs are rolling in my eyes as I type, but I could have done without the hassle of correcting the mess.

Feeling rage does not benefit my fragile medical condition.

I slept very poorly last night in my step-grandson's bed (he is away at UNI)

I feel the need to change my sheets here - they may have even had a nap in my bed - hope they took off their asbestos protection gear first.
What a bummer Margaret, I really feel sorry for you. Worse than a burglary, a violation of your personal space. No wonder they didn't finish if they were reclining and taking showers.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 22:42   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Unacceptable Margaret, I would be seeking advice.
Old 20-02-2012, 23:00   #27
God Member

I just feel like moving out.
My rage has subsided into tears.

The man in the flat below is moving out in two weeks time.
How's about me suggesting they refurbish that flat - new kitchen and bathroom, and redecorate and recarpet it to my taste - expensive

They will be spending several months refurbing it anyway before they can re-let it , because it needs to be brought up to the 'decent homes standard' which should have happened within the 5 years after the housing stock transfer - and wasn't.

I got a refurbished bathroom 2 years ago on grounds of disability. I did replace my kitchen cupboard doors at my own expense because bare patches of chipboard wasn't my style. (don't think the grunge look ever caught on did it?)

The flat below me has the original fittings from 1972!

Old 20-02-2012, 23:51   #28
God Member

I've just found a lump of (contaminated?) fibreglass roof insulation on my bathroom rug.
Now how could that have got there if the hallway exit route for this material was 'tented'?

Stopped weeping - now angry again - I probably wont get sleep tonight until I am overcome by complete exhaustion.

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-02-2012 at 23:56.
Old 21-02-2012, 03:46   #29
God Member

I post this at quarter to five AM. - not slept!

I have eventualy got this place warm and was just nodding off when my 'learning difficulties' neighbour opened his squealing hinged front door and stomped down the concrete staircase in his boots to let his cat in.

Old 21-02-2012, 05:02   #30
God Member

6am - still awake angry and exhausted.
Since the 'man in charge' said he would reurn this am to view damage I have printed out the following notice and fixed it to my front door in case I have managed to get to sleep before he arrives.

"If the exit route was tented plastic sheeting how and why did the following happen -

Access to my bedroom - vac cleaner and 4 way plug adaptor moved. I had emptied and cleaned that vac because it was for collection by my daughter in law as she delivered me back home. I write this at 5.15 am not having slept yet. If I am still awake at 8am I will phone her to ask if there are signs that it has been used. The filter was newly washed, so even if you emptied the collection drum I can tell whether you used it.

Access to my bathroom - toilet seat raised, power to supply to shower switched on, lump of fibreglass roof insulation on bathroom rug, the toilet seat coated in fine dust. So it appears that the shower was used, and the toilet was used by workmen who were in decontamination gear outside the 'tented exit area' - if you bothered to build one!

My lounge seating had been used by workmen - reclining chair left in partly reclined position.
The cushion on the sofa which got wet was always kept at opposite end of the sofa to the wet area on the floor. The other large cushion which was at that end of the sofa was on my swivel computer chair. (The carpet is showing a stain as it dries.)

So you made yourselves at home in an areas you had no need to enter until the roof leak ocurred.- uneccessary intrusion of privacy and spread of asbestos contamination.

My kitchen store room needs rearranging back into the tidy state that you found it.I hope you didn't take a nap on my bed because on my late return I am too exhausted to change the bedding.

The heating needed a plumber’s visit at 10.30pm – a drop in water pressure (maybe caused by your use of it) caused the system to shut down"

Maybe he will let me sleep and recover until he has the answers.

Last edited by MargaretR; 21-02-2012 at 05:08.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..