Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2012, 19:07   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Hyndburn Homes - asbestos removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The flue pipes hadn't been tested so they didn't know, and the firm that did it were thicko scousers.

Undamaged flue pipes are very low risk and are usually just coated with PVC glue as a precaution.
So really I don't think they will trouble me that much Margaret being on the ground floor, well I hope not with the way I am at the minute I've got enough problems breathing never mind asbestos too
Old 22-02-2012, 19:17   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So really I don't think they will trouble me that much Margaret being on the ground floor, well I hope not with the way I am at the minute I've got enough problems breathing never mind asbestos too
You'll be fine - you don't go out anyway (they wont let you)- and you don't need to open a window(they wont let you), because you have your 'fresh air' supplied by the NHS

The noise of the generator will be a nuisance so just turn the volume up on your SKY tv - your upstairs neighbour won't be in to hear it.

Last edited by MargaretR; 22-02-2012 at 19:20.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 09:10   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You'll be fine - you don't go out anyway (they wont let you)- and you don't need to open a window(they wont let you), because you have your 'fresh air' supplied by the NHS

The noise of the generator will be a nuisance so just turn the volume up on your SKY tv - your upstairs neighbour won't be in to hear it.
Well there I am sorted, no problems. Oh I've just phoned the Bramwell customer care help line to tell them not to come to my gaff before 10am on Monday, I got the all our operators are busy answer phone (how big is this firm) and was asked to leave my details and somebody would contact me asap, I'm still waiting and not holding my breath, um maybe because I can't
Old 23-02-2012, 11:33   #64
God Member

I was just having nap whilst the Heys field workers were quiet having lunch, and was wakened by another visit from the organ grinder who called yesterday.

I knew that they would be returning for a few hours to complete the treatment of my loft - he came to tell me - 'next Tuesday'. They will be working in the stairwell loft that day too.

So i will have to vacate again.

The words he used were 'coming to finish you off' - they have almost done that already.

In my half awake state I neglected to ask what time they needed me out. The two phone numbers supplied are linked to answering machines, so I don't know yet.

I hope it wont be 8am again, but suspect it likely will be.
My back hasn't recovered yet from a night spent in my grandson's bed last Sunday, so I may just opt for 'rising at dawn' this time.

Old 23-02-2012, 11:39   #65
God Member

After that post above, I opened my mail - shock and horror

I am laughing but I think it is hysteria cutting in.

I have to phone a number supplied to arrange a date for -

wait for it

An asbestos survey of the whole flat.

Old 23-02-2012, 14:11   #66
God Member

Just had a visit from the liason officer - I don't need to leave at 8am on Tuesday - we have agreed '11am'
....thankful for small mercys

Old 23-02-2012, 18:04   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
After that post above, I opened my mail - shock and horror

I am laughing but I think it is hysteria cutting in.

I have to phone a number supplied to arrange a date for -

wait for it

An asbestos survey of the whole flat.
Ya me too Margaret, I've got to ring to make a mutually convenient appointment for them to come around and visit my gaff, it will take up to an hour and I'm supposed to ring them, before 5th of March, I'll ring on the 4th at 3-30pm
Old 23-02-2012, 18:06   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just had a visit from the liason officer - I don't need to leave at 8am on Tuesday - we have agreed '11am'
....thankful for small mercys
YA have um eating out of your hand now Margaret, hope you leave the lads some tea and bickies
Old 23-02-2012, 18:08   #69
Resting in Peace

They actually rang me back with regards to the Liaison officer coming on Monday he won't be coming before 10am
Old 23-02-2012, 18:08   #70
Senior Member+

Yes put in the shower where they will find them
Old 25-02-2012, 13:30   #71
God Member

No workmen called friday = bliss - slept a lot (recovery mode)

Today, saturday, just my grocery delivery - all is quiet in my sanctuary- recovery continues.

Two more days to rest up before it begins again on tuesday.

My supply of non petrochemical, biodegradeable, non toxic cleaning liquids gets topped up by a delivery monday.

I may well be all done and dusted by the end of next week. bliss!

Old 28-02-2012, 07:12   #72
God Member

So this is the day they 'finish me off'
The organ grinder visited yesterday and approved my choice of cleaning contractor, and that is arranged for early next week.

I needn't vacate until 11am but 'the sooner you're out ,the sooner you'll get back'.
So I made a special effort - early night - fathomed out how to set the alarm clock - set it for 6am (didn't find out how to make it later than that).

As it blasted out radio4 at 6am, I turned over super rapid to reach to switch it off
...and fell out of bed, hurting my foot in the process. Limping takes me longer to get ready, defeating the object of the alarm - ce la vie.

Whilst I am having all this bad luck, someone else isn't - hope they are enjoying it.

Old 28-02-2012, 08:20   #73
Resting in Peace

I had a visit from Mike the liaison officer yesterday, a very nice young friendly chap, an avid reader of Accyweb can't foresee any problems when they do get round to my block, being in a downstairs flat, just asked him about the satellite system and he reassured me that there would be no interruption to my service during the work, so I'm quite happy
Old 29-02-2012, 09:40   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I had a visit from Mike the liaison officer yesterday, a very nice young friendly chap, an avid reader of Accyweb can't foresee any problems when they do get round to my block, being in a downstairs flat, just asked him about the satellite system and he reassured me that there would be no interruption to my service during the work, so I'm quite happy
I knew someone was getting all the luck - enjoy.
I didn''t get back in my flat until 6pm yesterday.

They are now removing soffit boards today - which happen to be -
...you guessed right......asbestos.

When I hurt my foot yesterday falling out of bed it has resulted in a purple toe. One of the soffit workers is to call in and sort out my kitchen storeroom today- loft hatch needs putting back, and heavy stuff needs humping back in.

The saga continues but I think it's past its worst.

I haven't arranged the date for the 'whole flat asbestos survey' yet - don't want to think about that - coping with one day at a time now.

Last edited by MargaretR; 29-02-2012 at 09:43.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:49   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I knew someone was getting all the luck - enjoy.
I didn''t get back in my flat until 6pm yesterday.

They are now removing soffit boards today - which happen to be -
...you guessed right......asbestos.

When I hurt my foot yesterday falling out of bed it has resulted in a purple toe. One of the soffit workers is to call in and sort out my kitchen storeroom today- loft hatch needs putting back, and heavy stuff needs humping back in.

The saga continues but I think it's past its worst.

I haven't arranged the date for the 'whole flat asbestos survey' yet - don't want to think about that - coping with one day at a time now.
Well you've sure had more that your fair share of the mucky stuff Margaret, lets just hope it is all down hill now, nothing else can go wrong surely, Can It

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..