Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2013, 17:26   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Is Grooming a racist issue

they sent the sermon, but it was up to the individual mosques as to whether they used it.
In my book, actions speak louder than words.
When I hear that a muslim community has handed over one of its men to the police, because it has been discovered that they were 'grooming' young white/non muslim girls, then, and only then will I take this seriously.
Talk is cheap.
cashman, Eric and BERNADETTE like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2013, 17:33   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
they sent the sermon, but it was up to the individual mosques as to whether they used it.
In my book, actions speak louder than words.
When I hear that a muslim community has handed over one of its men to the police, because it has been discovered that they were 'grooming' young white/non muslim girls, then, and only then will I take this seriously.
Talk is cheap.
At least it's a start Margaret, and shows they are now aware of the situation
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 17:38   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Aware yeh, prepared to put any weight behind this awareness............Do me a favour.
Old 28-06-2013, 17:45   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aware yeh, prepared to put any weight behind this awareness............Do me a favour.
prior to this they've kept stum
Old 28-06-2013, 17:48   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
prior to this they've kept stum
Really, i agree, but i don't make excuses fer any of em.
Old 28-06-2013, 17:51   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Really, i agree, but i don't make excuses fer any of em.
I'm not making excuses, I'd have strung the barstewards up by the gonads miself cashy never mind sending letters
Old 28-06-2013, 18:01   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I'm not making excuses, I'd have strung the barstewards up by the gonads miself cashy never mind sending letters
I am well aware yeh would, Still don't prevent yeh from not saying, they have done sod all,but pay lip service to the publics wishes.
Old 28-06-2013, 18:12   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I am well aware yeh would, Still don't prevent yeh from not saying, they have done sod all,but pay lip service to the publics wishes.
They didn't even do that before
Old 28-06-2013, 18:13   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They didn't even do that before
True, but that seems good enough fer you. Not fer me mister.
Old 28-06-2013, 18:38   #55
I am Banned

Quote:
Aware of it, of course they are aware of it, but in their eyes they can do no wrong.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 19:06   #56
Beacon of light

Quote:
John, they have been aware of the situation for a very long time...but the muslim community chose to ignore what was going on in their midst...they have been denying that the problem exists for 20 years that I know of.
Old 28-06-2013, 19:31   #57

Quote:
John, they have been aware of the situation for a very long time...but the muslim community chose to ignore what was going on in their midst...they have been denying that the problem exists for 20 years that I know of.
Maybe they choose to ignore the situation because these men are told from childhood that women, especially white/non Muslim women are worthless....

And their own women seem to accept this thinking....

How often do you see them walking three paces behind the man?

Last edited by KiTChener; 28-06-2013 at 19:34. Reason: Re-read post
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 19:43   #58
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Maybe they choose to ignore the situation because these men are told from childhood that women, especially white/non Muslim women are worthless....

And their own women seem to accept this thinking....

How often do you see them walking three paces behind the man?
Of course that is the case...and I am sure this has been mentioned in the earlier parts of this thread.
Their women think that because non muslims dress in the way that they do(western style) that these girls are of low morals...and as such it is alright for their boys to 'practice' on them......in fact in one of the grooming cases, one of the asian mothers blamed the child victim and said that her son was innocent of any wrongdoing.
I wonder how loud this womans protest would have been if it had been her daughter being sexually abused by a non muslim male.
I'm sure you can guess.

For many years the police and Social Services have buried their heads in the sand and not wanted to say anything about these cases for fear of being labelled racist.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 28-06-2013, 20:04   #59

Quote:
Of course that is the case...and I am sure this has been mentioned in the earlier parts of this thread.
Their women think that because non muslims dress in the way that they do(western style) that these girls are of low morals...and as such it is alright for their boys to 'practice' on them......in fact in one of the grooming cases, one of the asian mothers blamed the child victim and said that her son was innocent of any wrongdoing.
I wonder how loud this womans protest would have been if it had been her daughter being sexually abused by a non muslim male.
I'm sure you can guess.

For many years the police and Social Services have buried their heads in the sand and not wanted to say anything about these cases for fear of being labelled racist.
Fear of being labelled 'racist' deters so many otherwise sensible people from expressing their true views..... even stops our 'social workers' from fully investigating their suspicions when non-whites are involved.
Retlaw and cashman like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 23:39   #60

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Fear of being labelled 'racist' deters so many otherwise sensible people from expressing their true views..... even stops our 'social workers' from fully investigating their suspicions when non-whites are involved.
Not entirely true...social workers don't investigate anything until it's too late..winterbourne, huntley, baby p, shipman etc..etc..etc..

This is one of those times when I don't agree with the labelling.

These guys are sick, disgusting, poor excuses for human beings..but i'm not convinced that religion has any part of this. There is a culture of some muslims who believe that females who dress (for want of a better word) provocatively, are of low morals..but then again that culture is shared by christian mormons, amish and even some blue stocking C of E's.

I don't recall reading that the teacher who was just jailed for taking a 15 year old to France was a christian, bet my life that if he'd been a muslim it would have been headlined, don't recall the muppets who mistreated the people in winterbourne labelled as christians, again bet my life that if they'd been muslims they sure as hell would have been.

The question here...'is grooming a racist issue'.....yes, because the mainstream media are making it so, but in reality it's been happening for a long, long time across a variety of cultures and religions

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..