Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2008, 20:12   #16

Re: Suspended for drinking... shandy

lots of medicine has a alcohol level in are they banned as well
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2008, 20:14   #17
I am Banned

do people have to use deodorant without alcohol in it too ?

( gosh alll of a sudden i am obsessed by sweet smelling body chemicals lol)
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 20:14   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I agree with the school on this one. Zero tolerance means zero tolerance.

Why does this woman think that the rules don't apply to her and her son?

Why can't she just accept that instead of running to the media?
Absolute carp, there isn't enough Alcohol in a tin of shandy to effect a 5 year clean alcoholic never mind an 'innocent' school child!

Who is running to the media? Her or you? we all only believe what we are told instead of what we find out, so maybe you should believe less and find out more?

For that child to even become intoxicated would mean he had to drink enough cans to cause his bladder to explode!

The whole wide world and also wikipedea, (just teasing there), is open for you to check or are you fixated by some form of aftershave? (most of which have more alcohol than several cans of shandy).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 20:16   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
do people have to use deodorant without alcohol in it too ?

( gosh alll of a sudden i am obsessed by sweet smelling body chemicals lol)
Dont know about deodorant, but some mouthwashes have alcohol in them
Old 28-01-2008, 20:19   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Absolute carp, there isn't enough Alcohol in a tin of shandy to effect a 5 year clean alcoholic never mind an 'innocent' school child!

Who is running to the media? Her or you? we all only believe what we are told instead of what we find out, so maybe you should believe less and find out more?

For that child to even become intoxicated would mean he had to drink enough cans to cause his bladder to explode!

The whole wide world and also wikipedea, (just teasing there), is open for you to check or are you fixated by some form of aftershave? (most of which have more alcohol than several cans of shandy).

If the mother didn't go to the media then who did? How did the newspaper get hold of the story?

And no, it wasn't me.

I take it that this school is not the only one in her area. If she doesn't agree with their policies she should send her son to a school that does fit in with her ideas of what's acceptable .
Old 28-01-2008, 20:20   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
lots of medicine has a alcohol level in are they banned as well

If a child takes medicine to school it will be because it is necessary to treat a condition.

Shandy is not a medicine.
Old 28-01-2008, 20:22   #22
Super Moderator

So does this mean rum truffles are banned?

Zero tolerance is all well and good, but only when it's tempered with a modicum of common sense.
Old 28-01-2008, 20:26   #23

Quote:

If zero tolerance means exactly what it says, I hope they have checked out their whiteboard markers at the said school. Fast dry markers have alcohol based ink…it just depends how silly/extreme you want to be
Old 28-01-2008, 20:28   #24
God Member

Rules are rules.

Common sense is one thing Wynonie but every milimetre relaxation of a rule starts to add up. Little things - the first swear word on TV was shock horror, then the rule got flouted and flouted until now it's common place - the first earring was ignored now children as young as five are going in with earrings. Yes, common sense is good and the school should have simply sent a letter home and asked the mum not to send shandy again, but the rule should be upheld.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 20:28   #25
I am Banned

as people have said - zero tolerance is zero tolerance - lol
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 20:31   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
If the mother didn't go to the media then who did? How did the newspaper get hold of the story?

And no, it wasn't me.

I take it that this school is not the only one in her area. If she doesn't agree with their policies she should send her son to a school that does fit in with her ideas of what's acceptable .
The Mother, do you remember her? earlier in this post she was being insulted for how she looks, probably went to the press hoping that liberal minded people would agree that banning shandy is not only silly but moronic, the fact that you agree with the morons that run the school without any form of common sense makes you a?

-----

Please print out and fill in, (you may take a Dictionary in to this test), what this makes you!

If however it proves too difficult,
I can make it a multi-choice question.
a/ Moron.
B/ Maroon
3:Martini not stirred but shaken, (I'll have it at play time thank you Miss MoneyPenny!).

Last edited by Less; 28-01-2008 at 20:33.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 20:31   #27

Quote:

maske your mind up zero tolerance or not
Old 28-01-2008, 20:44   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
If zero tolerance means exactly what it says, I hope they have checked out their whiteboard markers at the said school. Fast dry markers have alcohol based ink…it just depends how silly/extreme you want to be
The kids shouldn't be ingesting whiteboard markers.
Old 28-01-2008, 20:47   #29

Glad to see yet another well writen and informative article from the boys and girls at the Hate Mail.
Old 28-01-2008, 20:47   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Rules are rules.

Common sense is one thing Wynonie but every milimetre relaxation of a rule starts to add up. Little things - the first swear word on TV was shock horror, then the rule got flouted and flouted until now it's common place - the first earring was ignored now children as young as five are going in with earrings. Yes, common sense is good and the school should have simply sent a letter home and asked the mum not to send shandy again, but the rule should be upheld.
Hear hear, Gayle.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..