Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2012, 18:17   #1936
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ah but that don't hold when Jaysay uses it.
Hoy get back in your cage you
Old 21-09-2012, 09:10   #1937
Super Moderator

What immaculate timing. This prat's alleged comment about "knowing your place" says a lot about this government.

Cabinet minister Andrew Mitchell 'in foul-mouthed tirade at police' - Telegraph
Old 21-09-2012, 09:43   #1938
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Such a pity,many ordinary folk don't twig what these people really are.
Old 21-09-2012, 10:04   #1939
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Such a pity,many ordinary folk don't twig what these people really are.
I hope your including ALL politicians in that statement Sir
Old 21-09-2012, 10:20   #1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They would never ever been lucrative in government hands especially a labour government and as for your fault not ours its usually right, Brown set out on a scorched earth policy when he realised he hadn't a snowball in hells chance of retaining power, remember the note left by Liam Byrne there's no money weave spent it all
How do you know that? Perhaps if they were still in government hands we wouldn't be getting utility bills that would make Bill Gates flinch.
Old 21-09-2012, 13:33   #1941
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
How do you know that? Perhaps if they were still in government hands we wouldn't be getting utility bills that would make Bill Gates flinch.
Pure speculation, but seeing that one of the first things Labour did on seizing power was to sell off our gold reserves for a pittance I would have thought they would have sold everything off. After all they could have re nationalised the utilities industries?
They had a chance to get the rail network back, but settled for Network Rail, a company they don't own.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 15:14   #1942
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I hope your including ALL politicians in that statement Sir
I suppose you wanted someone, anyone to say, 'Ah well during 13 years of labour rule, the Police were abused x number of times a day', Well, hopefully though the Police thought themselves professionals, these oiks now know their place so far as Tories are concerned.
No matter what grovelling apology is given.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 18:05   #1943
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I suppose you wanted someone, anyone to say, 'Ah well during 13 years of labour rule, the Police were abused x number of times a day', Well, hopefully though the Police thought themselves professionals, these oiks now know their place so far as Tories are concerned.
No matter what grovelling apology is given.
Well lets face it Labour had the head honcho at the met eating out of their hand didn't they, was called Mr Blair if I remember rightly
Old 21-09-2012, 18:09   #1944
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Pure speculation, but seeing that one of the first things Labour did on seizing power was to sell off our gold reserves for a pittance I would have thought they would have sold everything off. After all they could have re nationalised the utilities industries?
They had a chance to get the rail network back, but settled for Network Rail, a company they don't own.
Ya your quite right BG they could have repealed loads of things introduce by the Tory Government but they didn't, they always leave the hard tasks to the Tories, the world and his wife have knew for years the the welfare state needed sorting out, yet Labour hadn't the bottle to tackle it
Old 21-09-2012, 23:45   #1945
God Member

at least labour put more bobbies on the beat and invested money in equipment now their will be less bobbies on the beat with their pensions pillaged and billions of pounds going to private equity firms ie the private firms taking over
Old 22-09-2012, 07:12   #1946
JFT96

You really are not getting it are you, your precious Labour nearly bankrupted the country, remember the note thy left? We have spent all the money?
It will take years and years to sort out, but of course if it was Labour you would just say that after so many years of miss rule it will take more than one term to sort out.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 07:17   #1947
God Member

and this goverment are doing better they are borrowing more than labour ever did BBC News - Andrew Mitchell row: Police leader attacks Cameron
Old 22-09-2012, 07:59   #1948

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Wish you dyed in the wool Tories would stop harping on about the 'there's nothing left, we've spent it all' note.....it was meant as a joke to the incoming minister, it's the kind of warped humour that I have, it obviously backfired because most tories are without humour, and much prefer to treat the police like sixth formers treat first years, and have nicknames like 'thrasher'...
Old 22-09-2012, 08:06   #1949
God Member

the tories are bankrupting this country more than anybody can, biilions of pounds paid out to private equity ,hedge funds tory boys pocketsall in the name ideology
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg (47.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 22-09-2012, 08:59   #1950
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Wish you dyed in the wool Tories would stop harping on about the 'there's nothing left, we've spent it all' note.....it was meant as a joke to the incoming minister, it's the kind of warped humour that I have, it obviously backfired because most tories are without humour, and much prefer to treat the police like sixth formers treat first years, and have nicknames like 'thrasher'...
The only trouble was it wasn't a joke, just the government that left office came under that banned and not even a good joke at that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..