Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2012, 14:44   #1921
God Member

Re: The Tories

I rarely post in political threads (and some of you wish I never did,but that's beside the point).
I can see most people getting angry about political decisions.

The reason I can feel 'detatched' about it is because I have learned that all politicians are obliged to conform to 'the party line' whether they like it or not. They are bribed, threatened and often blackmailed into conforming.

Even the leaders are told what to do by the unelected elite, who have amassed so much 'wealth' in fiat money that money has no meaning any more (not that it ever did in the first place). They just enjoy being puppet masters controlling world events.

So there is no point in getting stressed over politics unless you are willing to sacrifice yourself in a revolution and the anarchy that it would invoke. Even a revolution may not end a corrupt system - didn't work in Russia.

The population cull is underway and the weakest have been targeted - the sick, the disabled. the old and the unskilled. If you happen to be one of those 'useless eaters' (Rumsfeld quote) then you are likely to be shed by this uncaring society which has been socially engineered to consider you as parasites. You have a choice of how to die - starvation, hypothermia, inadequate medical care, and (eventually) assisted suicide.

So what can us weak ones do? - try the Ghandi way - peaceful non-cooperation, which means don't vote, don't take part in government surveys, and any other way of not cooperating which you may think of which doesn't risk your life and liberty. Did I say liberty? - that's a joke - we are more watched and controlled than any society ever was, and we accept it 'for our safety'. Safety? that's another joke - who/what made you feel unsafe - engineered terrorism, breakdown of society which has been caused by - you guessed it - your government.

So instead of arguing which party is least likely to screw you next time - withdraw giving consent to any of them.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2012, 15:02   #1922

Thumbs up Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I rarely post in political threads (and some of you wish I never did,but that's beside the point).
I can see most people getting angry about political decisions.

The reason I can feel 'detatched' about it is because I have learned that all politicians are obliged to conform to 'the party line' whether they like it or not. They are bribed, threatened and often blackmailed into conforming.

Even the leaders are told what to do by the unelected elite, who have amassed so much 'wealth' in fiat money that money has no meaning any more (not that it ever did in the first place). They just enjoy being puppet masters controlling world events.

So there is no point in getting stressed over politics unless you are willing to sacrifice yourself in a revolution and the anarchy that it would invoke. Even a revolution may not end a corrupt system - didn't work in Russia.

The population cull is underway and the weakest have been targeted - the sick, the disabled. the old and the unskilled. If you happen to be one of those 'useless eaters' (Rumsfeld quote) then you are likely to be shed by this uncaring society which has been socially engineered to consider you as parasites. You have a choice of how to die - starvation, hypothermia, inadequate medical care, and (eventually) assisted suicide.

So what can us weak ones do? - try the Ghandi way - peaceful non-cooperation, which means don't vote, don't take part in government surveys, and any other way of not cooperating which you may think of which doesn't risk your life and liberty. Did I say liberty? - that's a joke - we are more watched and controlled than any society ever was, and we accept it 'for our safety'. Safety? that's another joke - who/what made you feel unsafe - engineered terrorism, breakdown of society which has been caused by - you guessed it - your government.

So instead of arguing which party is least likely to screw you next time - withdraw giving consent to any of them.
Excellent post!!! I particularly like the bit about being watched for our own good. My view entirely. Governments all over the world and throughout history have been using the bogeyman in order to control their own people and weaken their rights. I think Orwells 1984 highlighted that.
All we have in this country (and probably less so in the US) is a choice between two bad options. Revolution doesn't work because, as Pirsig puts it in his Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance, unless we re-evaluate our whole way of thinking and doing things that which we overthrow will only be replaced by something very similar.
Again, nice, thoughtful post.
Old 19-09-2012, 17:35   #1923
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Agreed!!!
Labour and no government is very poignant, try googling successful Labour Governments in the UK, don't bother you won't find an example, cuz there's never been one
Old 20-09-2012, 09:16   #1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Labour and no government is very poignant, try googling successful Labour Governments in the UK, don't bother you won't find an example, cuz there's never been one
Actually, Jay, just tried it. Loads of good stuff came up. I advise all doubters to try it. Thanks for the advice.
Old 20-09-2012, 09:26   #1925
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Actually, Jay, just tried it. Loads of good stuff came up. I advise all doubters to try it. Thanks for the advice.
Just fer curiosity i just tried it.........Jaysay obviously has not.
Old 20-09-2012, 09:33   #1926
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just fer curiosity i just tried it.........Jaysay obviously has not.
Oh he has, Governments are judged on economic success, not odds and sods, the economy fails the government fails which Attlee, Wilson, Callaghan, Blair and Brown did
Old 20-09-2012, 09:36   #1927
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

and so did all the tory leaders, so that don't wash at all cos yeh keep telling us how successful the bitch wi dementia was.
Old 20-09-2012, 09:41   #1928
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
and so did all the tory leaders, so that don't wash at all cos yeh keep telling us how successful the bitch wi dementia was.
To be honest if the tories had failed in economic management of this country we would be a real basket case now
Old 20-09-2012, 09:47   #1929

Quote:
Oh he has, Governments are judged on economic success, not odds and sods, the economy fails the government fails which Attlee, Wilson, Callaghan, Blair and Brown did
I think you'll find that the economy faired rather well under Blaire and rather less so under Major. It's not actually doing very well at the moment either. Last I heard we were in the middle of a double-dip recession with things getting worse whilst many other economies are slightly on the up. And don't start about the fault lying with the last Labour government, this lot have been in power too long for that now. As I have posted before, Thatcher was still blaming Labour for the countries ills four years in to her time in power.
It's what the Tories do. "We are still clearing up the mess left by the last government", should be the Tory motto.
It's never their fault is it?????
Even the international financial community says they're getting it wrong but will they listen? Of course not!!!
Old 20-09-2012, 09:50   #1930
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I think you'll find that the economy fared rather well under Blaire and rather less so under Major. It's not actually doing very well at the moment either. Last I heard we were in the middle of a double-dip recession with things getting worse whilst many other economies are slightly on the up. And don't start about the fault lying with the last Labour government, this lot have been in power too long for that now. As I have posted before, Thatcher was still blaming Labour for the countries ills four years in to her time in power.
It's what the Tories do. "We are still clearing up the mess left by the last government", should be the Tory motto.
Even the international financial community says they're getting it wrong but will they listen? Of course not!!!
All well and good when your borrowing money hand over fist and leaving debts for others to clean up, and lets face it how much did Gordon sell all our gold for, to fritter away
Old 20-09-2012, 10:02   #1931
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wrong. It's what the politicians do, Tory or Labour!
Old 20-09-2012, 10:10   #1932

Quote:
All well and good when your borrowing money hand over fist and leaving debts for others to clean up, and lets face it how much did Gordon sell all our gold for, to fritter away
Not unlike the blessed Margaret selling off the potentially (as it has turned out) lucrative nationalised industries. I notice you're using the same "It's their fault not ours" argument that your party bang on about. I suppose you've just proved my point really.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:12   #1933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Wrong. It's what the politicians do, Tory or Labour!
Good point! You should be a politician.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:12   #1934
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Not unlike the blessed Margaret selling off the potentially (as it has turned out) lucrative nationalised industries. I notice you're using the same "It's their fault not ours" argument that your party bang on about. I suppose you've just proved my point really.
Ah but that don't hold when Jaysay uses it.
Old 20-09-2012, 18:16   #1935
Resting in Peace

Quote:
They would never ever been lucrative in government hands especially a labour government and as for your fault not ours its usually right, Brown set out on a scorched earth policy when he realised he hadn't a snowball in hells chance of retaining power, remember the note left by Liam Byrne there's no money weave spent it all

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..