Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2005, 18:09   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

How come some people don't have wheelie bins? What are they supposed to do with their rubbish?

I agree that it is HBC's responsibility to keep the streets clean but I've often reported rubbish and it takes ages before anyone comes to look at it by which time anything that can be blown (which is often most of it) has gone a wandering. Maybe we should start a "grot spotting" thread?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2005, 18:26   #32
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
How come some people don't have wheelie bins?
I don't know. I can only assume that it is because they are rental properties and at the time when the wheelie bins were distributed they were empty. There has been people living in them since, but once again they are empty now. Some of the tenants from one property let their rubbish mount up in black bags in their back yard and never put them out. This rubbish has been shifted c/o Environmental Health and the help of our resident Cllr. These tenants have moved on.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 18:29   #33
Senior Member+

I have a friend who recently moved to a rented house in Accy that had no wheelie bin;it took 4 phone calls and 8 weeks to get one.Wheelie bin theft is also probably to blame;but not much you can do when you are at work all day and the bin is just sat there on the back!
Old 13-06-2005, 18:38   #34
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i had a few houses empty on my street, all of them got wheelie bins, now some have gone probably because they been nicked, or someone else has took them for there rubbish!
Old 13-06-2005, 20:24   #35
I am Banned

on my street there is a house that is split into 2 flats

there is one person in each small flat which makes 2 people yet they get a wheelie bin each making 2 wheelie bins for 1 house

i have 2 adults and 2 children ( one in nappies) and get told that i only need 1 wheelie bin

i dont expect an answer to this because HBC themselves couldnt give me one either lol

the real kick in the nuts is that even if you buy your own 2nd wheelie bin HBC wont empty it as they didnt provide it yet wont issue extra wheelie bins

Last edited by chav1; 13-06-2005 at 20:25.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 08:37   #36

wow i can't believe all this it is sickening that it has happened

is the rubbish still there if not when was it collected?

i am a family of 5 and we really struggle to fill our bin and sometimes end up jumping on it to fit all our rubbish in so that we are not fined. i'm not sure whether our bin's are collected fortnightly or weekly i don't take much notice but i know that the wheelie bin system is ****.
i heard from one of the bin men that fines are given to those who leave out extra bin bags and to those who don't recycle, (they find this out by rumaging through the extra waste.) i can understand fully about not wanting a bigger bin to fill more space in ur garden but as for recycling i fully back it up.

Quote:
We don't have an infinite supply of raw materials and we don't have bottomless pits to dump all our rubbish in. It makes much more sense to me to recycle as much as possible and try to leave a world worth living in for future generations.
your not the only one willow although i can't be bothed washing out tins and bottles and sorting parped we usually well i just put the tins in the box with the wrapper still on after i have rinsed it out (quickly) i do the same for plastic aswell, but as for paper recycling little bit's doesn't happen i just recycle news papers, magasines, and all the waste paper that comes out of my room after i have tidied it (once every month. lol.)

and i'm sure our collection is weekly

recycling on a thursday and household rubish on a friday
Old 14-06-2005, 08:44   #37
Resident Waffler

Typical HBC inconsistency there Dean.

What's the latest on the pile of rubbish Lettie?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 08:48   #38
Senior Member+

That's not a very nice thing to say about Lettie

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 09:11   #39
Resting in Peace

HBC just might sit up and start doing something about the mess this town is in when we get the first case of CHOLERA.
I do wish this weather would clear up then i can get round the streets with the camera and shame HBC into doing something about this rubbish.......
if you see a big pile of rubbish let me know and i will go and take pics and send it to HBC
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 13:21   #40
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I haven't been out yet this afternoon as I have only just got out of bed, but when I arrived home from work this morning it was still there. Yes, what an eyesore at 9am after an 11 1/2 hour night shift with no meal break and feeling sickly enough, I was faced with that monstrous heap at the bottom of my street.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 16:51   #41
I am Band

Angry Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

I can confirm that as of 5:30 pm today, the offending pile of rubbish is still languishing at the end of Meadow Street.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 18:02   #42
Senior Member+

Who is your councillor Lettie? I would give them a call and make them come and look at the mess before you send your pics to the papers!** if it's Ian Ormerod,drop me a pm and I will give you his number**
Old 14-06-2005, 18:36   #43
I am Band

I am not sure, so please don't quote me on this, but I think that Graham Jones may be elected Councillor for the centre of Accrington.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Old 14-06-2005, 19:11   #44
Senior Member+

Am I being cynical or is that our esteemed counciler comes on here at election time then when something like this is posted not a word, comment or even a blame to the other party, seems like he 's obviously in the right job or thinking to myself (it's not my ward but I'll give you a number to call) may be a bit lacking.
Of course all us nazi,conservative, independent posters are just being negative about a little bit of rubbish.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2005, 19:18   #45
I am Band

Unhappy Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

It would appear that council buffoonery with regard to household waste disposal isn't exclusive to HBC. Just over the border in Burnley, the residents there have their own problems with excess houshold waste... and the local council isn't helping matters.

I have just come across this article on the BBC website.Read it and weep: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/4092534.stm

Who is responsible for idiocy like this? Is it the Councillors that we elect, who we entrust to do their best for our neighbourhoods, or is it the clowns they employ who hold down nine-to-five jobs in the council offices and instigate cr@p policies like this?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..