Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2005, 15:43   #76
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

The indiscrepancies in our refuse system are blatantly obvious thanks to Micks photos on the rubbish Accrington thread. It appears that if you put out your bin bags in the Blackburn Rd area of town they will be collected. Hmmmm, I wonder why?????

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2005, 15:49   #77
I am Banned

carefull lettie you will get called the R word
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 15:51   #78
Resting in Peace

Lettie Please it was not Rubbish Accrington thread it was rubbish AROUND Accrington .
I am not rubbishing Accrington well......... then again you might be right hehe
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 15:54   #79
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Lettie Please it was not Rubbish Accrington thread it was rubbish AROUND Accrington .
I am not rubbishing Accrington well......... then again you might be right hehe

Hehehehe, sorry Mick a little slip of the keyboard there on my part..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:25   #80

Has no body seen todays Observor? apparently HBC are going to clean up the 6 dirtiest spots around town. You may be asked by your local councillor for your views on the worst grott spots. PB says they are going to get tough but need our help. If by any chance it's because of all the views on here all I can say is 'POWER TO THE FINGER TIPS'
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:35   #81
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

There are many things that can be done to improve the situation so far as rubbish is concerned congratulations to HBC and it's Accyweb spokesperson for choosing the cheapest option NOWT!

Can you imagine the fire brigade being run in a similar manner?

"Yes Madam we know you reported the fire three days ago, but what you must understand is that there are alot of fires in your area and we think they are often started by the same people. Therefore until we have done a thorough investigation with a view to prosecution, excuse me, it's time for our compulsory weekly tsking and the hand ringing ceremony, however in the mean time please be patient just because the situation seems urgent to you we cannot spare any Fire Engines until the situation is fully assessed.
All our operatives are busy form filling and if you contact us again we shall report you for harassment."
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:39   #82
I am Band

Wink Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Hehehehe, sorry Mick a little slip of the keyboard there on my part..
Hmmm... A Freudian slip, peut-etre?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:45   #83
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Please do tell us, Mr Jones why is it that you always appear to attempt to turn the majority of your posts into a political mud-slinging exercise???
I have seen that asked many times mate.
It does seem stupid why they did not pick up that rubbish if they were next to it.
Old 17-06-2005, 16:49   #84
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Certainly, as regards the latter, there is no big secret....binmen should be instructed to pick up whatever rubbish is there, promptly and irrespective if whether its in a black bag or in a wheelie bin.
There is a big difference between a moutain of rubbish and the odd extra big bag. As soon as someone reports a large amount of rubbish it should be removed ( at least that day )

Come on Cllr Jones I am sure you could influence that. One of my ward cllr's managed to bring his stupid idea to life so you should have no problem with a good idea. Then again we are talking about HBC.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:22   #85
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
Originally Posted by chav1

i mean god forbid we should expect weekly clearance of rubbish or at least enough bins to accomodate a family for two weeks [Chav1]

[Cashman] without gettin into a slanging match graham whats crap about this point? and while your on the subject of rubbish i noticed you havent responded to a differant matter on the same subject ie,willows thread(theiving ******) if anythings crap mate its hbcs response to willows wheelie bin problem.
Whilst we have wheelie bins HBC cannot afford to empty them once a week as they cost twice as much as the black bag scheme to collect - excepting the environmental on costs.

Secondly, whilst debateable, we are informed by the powers that be that the average wheelie bin is big enough for 2 weeks if you recycle as well. Families of 6 or more may need a larger bin it is said. No I have not seen Wills thread.

There is alternate view in this town to the dictators' and I resent comments which tie me in to his policies like I think they are right. When you bash HBC you mean the Conservatives - lets be more precise when holding people accountable.
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 19:32   #86
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Chav has some good points that have not been answered like how much the mayor making cost and how many bins could have been emptied with the money? while looking at that look at your maths, Accrington has a population of 32,746 and is part of the borough of Hyndburn which has a population of 79,000. so 800 x 79,000 = 63200000 div by 52 (weeks) =121.54 we are not talking pence here we are talking pounds so 60p comes from where? While we mention our poor hard done by bin men which the council seem to want to protect with new rules every other week, can't get out and actually move bins, to hard for them? what is there job, to empty bins only if the wagon can reverse to the back gate, or if they have to do more then 4hrs work(I say this in jest) a day then we must up thier wages, lets charge more council tax. So what are our eminent councilors doing about this, getting themselves in the paper so that the average joe sees they are doing something about it, no, one comes on here and tries to belittle a concerned resident and starts calling him names and doesn't even bother answering the questions, must have been asked by a damed conserative, nazi,independent, liberal type git not a good old labor head in the sand type guy.
Chav has little good ideas on this thread, he is just anti-establishement and keen to label people regardless of the fact they may have a different opinion themselves to the established view.

Council Tax is per household, there are 35,000. £800 is band A [60% of properties]. 15% of which goes to HBC the bulk for education and SS at LCC. It comes to about £4million plus £8million from govt totalling £12m approx.

I went out and worked a full day on the bins in HBC [I used to be a binman in Blackburn so you can stick you daft insulting comments where the sun doesnt shine] and it is exceptionally hard work. I doubt you would last while dinnertime.

As for the Nazi stuff... just more nonsense. I dont respond to stupid commentary.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:32   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones
Whilst we have wheelie bins HBC cannot afford to empty them once a week as they cost twice as much as the black bag scheme to collect
Why did we go down this route in the 1st place then?
It won't be long before we have to take our rubbish to the tip ourselves, thats after they have put a charge on it of coarse, they wont make us do it whilst its free !
Should I have said that? you never know who might be reading this

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 19:43   #88
I am Banned

Originally Posted by Sparkologist

Please do tell us, Mr Jones why is it that you always appear to attempt to turn the majority of your posts into a political mud-slinging exercise???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I have seen that asked many times mate.
It does seem stupid why they did not pick up that rubbish if they were next to it.
Have you tried discussing things rationally and politely? Instead of making cheap innuendo Neil, why dont you try speaking to people reasonably and getting to know them. It works miracles mate.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:49   #89
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
There is a big difference between a moutain of rubbish and the odd extra big bag. As soon as someone reports a large amount of rubbish it should be removed ( at least that day )

Come on Cllr Jones I am sure you could influence that. One of my ward cllr's managed to bring his stupid idea to life so you should have no problem with a good idea. Then again we are talking about HBC.
How many times?????

Labour has said that if we win, black bags at the side will be collected. Whew!! just another 3 thousand times to repeat it now....

We lean as much as we can. The Tories have just banned Cllr Pritchard from the works department for trying to 'help residents complaints'
Old 17-06-2005, 20:12   #90
I am Banned

chav is anti establishment...?

jesus christ that went out with the sex pistols lol

i am anti bollox though and thats exactly what the refuse sevice is at the moment

i obey the law and i pay my taxes but i however feel that i have the right to complain when annoyed at somthing and i cant help it if people agree with me

i have never dictated to people what they should think but if i disagree with what somone thinks i will say so

i am like this in the real world as well and will quite freely tell somone they are talking crap if i see fit to do so

now if labour mean it when they say they will clean up rubbish well good on them as long as no one gets threatened with stupid fines for not managing to cope with one bin

also if labour have picked up on the fact that binbags do indeed need to be collected as well as the wheelie bins then what is it that i have said is wrong because all i have been asking for is the binbags to be taken whether it be sorted by weekly pickups, extra bins or simply binmen picking them up as they go along
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..