Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2005, 07:56   #106
Resident Waffler

Re: What a load of RUBBISH!!!!!!!

That's an interesting question chav.

I find this statement rather worrying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones
We lean as much as we can. The Tories have just banned Cllr Pritchard from the works department for trying to 'help residents complaints'.
My "Hyndborg" creation doesn't seem too far fetched now after all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hyndborg BC.jpg (17.7 KB, 23 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2005, 17:01   #107
Resting in peace

Councillor Jones tells us that this is the work of fly-tippers. Since when did fly tippers dump empty cans and bottles? - get real, Councillor Jones. Perhaps if you spent a little more time looking after the interests of constituents and less time having a go at the opposition, you might get something done. I, for one, do not believe in your vision of the Utopia that Hyndburn would become if only we had a Labour council. Come and live in Camden, with other like-minded souls - the borough with perhaps the highest Council Tax (perhaps apart from Labour-controlled Lambeth) and almost the worst services. Some Utopia!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 23:25   #108
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Councillor Jones tells us that this is the work of fly-tippers. Since when did fly tippers dump empty cans and bottles? - get real, Councillor Jones. Perhaps if you spent a little more time looking after the interests of constituents and less time having a go at the opposition, you might get something done. I, for one, do not believe in your vision of the Utopia that Hyndburn would become if only we had a Labour council. Come and live in Camden, with other like-minded souls - the borough with perhaps the highest Council Tax (perhaps apart from Labour-controlled Lambeth) and almost the worst services. Some Utopia!
Fly tippers are people who dispose rubbish elsewhere. There are three opportunists in the area and they are dumping rubbish other than where it is supposed to be collected. There was some furniture im the pile and other non household rubbish. Anne Scaife said she would clean it up. When I rechecked 4 days later she had not logged the complaint so I did. It was cleared in 24 hours. Everything is political unless as the old popular maxim goes, your a Conservative not in opposition. You are proving that age old maxim spot on sir.

And if you actually lived around here you would realise I AM A RESIDENT YOU FOOL!!!! And along with other residents we are doing much better now. Please stay out of Peel Ward issues you know nothing about. We the residents dont want small minded outsiders like you handing out the wisdom of 3 brain cells, life's hard enough and we are on the right track working together ourselves.
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 07:16   #109
Resting in Peace

Mr Jones have you seen the other thread on the topic of Rubbish ? take a look click on this link
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...t=12105&page=2
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 08:46   #110
Resting in peace

I am not a fool, and I am a resident. I pay my Council Tax to Hyndburn, as well as to Camden, and I know where I get better value. I resent being called an outsider, since I was probably a resident before you were born.

You prove my point, Councillor Jones - taking refuge in insults is a tactic used by those who cannot justify their argument. Please disabuse yourself of the idea that you occupy the moral high ground because of your political beliefs. Your responses simply demonstrate the title of this thread - "What a load of rubbish".
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 09:25   #111
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Anne Scaife said she would clean it up. When I rechecked 4 days later she had not logged the complaint so I did.
Did you ask her why she didn't log it? If she won't log it when you ask, what chance is there when we mere mortals report such things?

Or is she too busy passing out threatening letters with no foundation to innocent residents to be able to do her job correctly?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 09:34   #112

Your right Pendy you are no fool. BUT. Not Having met Graham I'm sure the same applies to him. Resorting to a slanging match, regardless of who cast the first stone will not get anybody anywhere. The problem seems to be, in my eyes anyway , the system, everything we do now from taking our rubbish to the tip, to parking our cars, involves more red tape than ever before. Everyone is up to their back teeth with the situation and the increase in bureaucracy we are all experiencing. The solution is nowhere in sight and that is what causes all the upset. To step into local politics these days is to pin a target on one's back, knowing that local councillors do not have the power they used to have, but still remain a target for the public. I agree name calling and personal slants don't help the situation, but I'm sure this is born of sheer frustration at not having the means to help all who ask. I don,t think Graham went into this without good intentions but I bet he has at times regretted it. We need constructive posts from all in order that some good can come from this, "LOAD OF RUBBISH".
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 09:46   #113
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman
The problem seems to be, in my eyes anyway , the system, everything we do now from taking our rubbish to the tip, to parking our cars, involves more red tape than ever before.
Congratulations Ian, you have tried very hard in your last post to pour oil on troubled water thus helping to calm the situation!

However to actually resolve the situation I think we will need some-one that has the power to actually walk on water and nobody like that has been around for about 2,000 years!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 14:01   #114
God Member

Speaking personally, I reckon it's about time that Anne Scaife was re-cycled. And I would just like to add my support to the actions taken by Steven Goodwin, who had the courage to do what we should all be doing until the likes of this doddering old busy-body get the message.
Old 24-06-2005, 17:28   #115
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
You are proving that age old maxim spot on sir.

And if you actually lived around here you would realise I AM A RESIDENT YOU FOOL!!!! And along with other residents we are doing much better now. Please stay out of Peel Ward issues you know nothing about. We the residents dont want small minded outsiders like you handing out the wisdom of 3 brain cells, life's hard enough and we are on the right track working together ourselves.

I have a couple of issues with this post.

Firstly Pendy is a madam and not a sir unless she's had some sort of recent gender reassignment operation..

Secondly Pendy does live in Hyndburn and also lives in London. People who live elsewhere can often bring in ideas from other areas. To completely pooh-pooh these ideas and comments is nothing more than small town mentality.

You may be doing better in the area of Peel which you live in Graham, but that is not the case down on Derby and Hood Streets. I know that other residents have complained, not just about the rubbish but other issues such as bad landlords moving in all manner of crims around here. These people fight on the street in the middle of the night and generally cause a nuisance. I know that one of my neighbours has mentioned these issues to you. What is being done about it?

Lastly, it is not fitting for a local councillor to be insulting to a constituent by way of name calling when she has a fair point.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..