Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2008, 19:58   #61
Resident Waffler

Re: You will join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i picked up a list of do's and do nots that was left behind by the night shift where i once worked which was a %100 muslim shift

it said that they were not to even take ventolin or it would break the fast

this was over 10 years ago but personaly i think the person who made the list was either having a joke or didnt like his asthmatic relative
According to the link Emamum posted inhalers for asthma are not forbidden. Anything which is necessary for life is not forbidden. In fact people who are ill are not actually expected to fast if they cannot. Some diabetics for instance need to eat and have insulin on a regular basis.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2008, 20:34   #62
Senior Member+

If you have a health problem, are on your period, pregnant or breast feeding you dont have to fast...... you would usually do something else, ive seen somewhere that you help the poor instead.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 21:36   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'm just waiting for the classic, "I'm not a racist but..." line. My eyes have really been opened by this thread.

I'll stick to the Stanley section from now on.
Don't blame you. It's been clear for a while.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 22:15   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Don't blame you. It's been clear for a while.
excuse me? Would you mind not including everyone in that comment?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 30-08-2008, 22:26   #65
God Member

I agree with Willow when she said that the press have made this look worse than it is.

I does annoy me when I read these stories....they're a load of old bunkum and I don't know who makes them up but they only serve to make people racist when they were never racist before.
Old 30-08-2008, 22:41   #66

Just wondering, why if your on your monthlys are you excluded??
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 23:12   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
The Muslims i know dont expect others to fast when they do, they are doing it for a reason! they do ask that you dont eat around them (tbh thats common sense anyway)
well things must be changing, i worked fer 23 years with a large muslim workforce n never once during ramadan did they ask or demand me or anyone NOT to eat when they couldn't, in fact many joked about stuffing themselves at the appointed time, which varies daily. its utter nonsense to say its common sense fer others not to eat in my opinion. its thinking like that, that creates problems to me.
Old 30-08-2008, 23:34   #68
God Member

Quote:
excuse me? Would you mind not including everyone in that comment?
Errrr.... ok then. Because I did... ?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 23:51   #69
I am Banned

if non muslims ate food that was supposed to be left then I then it should be complained about - just flippin greedy if you ask me !!
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 23:57   #70
Senior Member+

i didnt mean common sense, i meant polite.

Old 30-08-2008, 23:58   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
if non muslims ate food that was supposed to be left then I then it should be complained about - just flippin greedy if you ask me !!
agree, but that aint the issue.
Old 31-08-2008, 00:04   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i didnt mean common sense, i meant polite.
yer living in cloud cuckoo land on this ema, you think that christian (name only) people working from 6-00 at morning are impolite to eat there dinner at 12-00 cos its ramadan n the muslims are fasting? sorry but yer way out on this to me, the muslims i worked with n there were many, would NEVER expect that.
Old 31-08-2008, 00:07   #73
Senior Member+

nooo....... im not saying that non muslims shouldnt eat i am saying that they dont have to eat right in front of hungry people!

Old 31-08-2008, 00:17   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
nooo....... im not saying that non muslims shouldnt eat i am saying that they dont have to eat right in front of hungry people!
and i'm saying Rubbish if ya got 12 men in a cabin n its dinner time after 6-00 hrs work, the 2 english men eat their dinner n the muslims DO NOT object, that happened fer 23 years. i cannot reason how you are that naive.
Old 31-08-2008, 01:13   #75
Loz

If they choose to fast fine but i will not go out of my way not to eat in front of them.
If i am in the staff room at work eating on my break and they come in then i will not stop,if they have a problem they can leave.
Sorry if tha sounds harsh but thats the way i feel about it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..