Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2008, 11:25   #16
God Member

Re: You will join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Why the hell should they have to?
Its not their religion,what a load of bull.
I would like to see them try and bring something like that in where i work!
When its ramadam the muslims that work with us fast and we let them get on with it,simple!
We have been told recently at work that we are not allowed to cook bacon in the microwave any more because it is against their religion and somebody has complained about it!
Madness,sheer madness!
Is it not your right to heat up whatever you fancy for your lunch? I would be asking them to provide a second microwave for the 'others' or canteen facilities, I assume you have to put up with whatever others want to warm up? Sounds like a seperate room could be an idea, to preserve YOUR human rights!
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2008, 11:29   #17
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Is it not your right to heat up whatever you fancy for your lunch? I would be asking them to provide a second microwave for the 'others' or canteen facilities, I assume you have to put up with whatever others want to warm up? Sounds like a seperate room could be an idea, to preserve YOUR human rights!
I mentioned in another post about getting another microwave!
They haven't suggested it,we will have to bring it up and god knows if they will go along with it!
We don't have rights in an issue like this i'm afraid,if it had been the other way round there would have been an uproar and racist slurs being bandied about,we can't win unfortunately!
Old 30-08-2008, 11:31   #18
I am Banned

That is so out of order
If i was going in for an op that meant i couldnt eat for the previous day and thought that people eating in front of me would make it more difficult - I would take the day off work however i understand that ramadan is a fairly long time.
I know that part of the ramadan fast is a test of willpower - it wont be much of a test if nobody is eating would it.
Like you say the e-mail was probably sent by one of the councils PC guys - who was no doubt typing it on his laptop whilst sat in a lovely restaraunt filling his belly on company expense.
I feel sorry for muslims when things like this happen because it can cause them to feel singled out. I remeber when 9/11 happened were i once worked - all of the muslim workers were taken into an office and the mananger chatted to them about how they felt the community and how they were being treated ensuring that they were okay. Nothing was said to non muslim workers and the muslim workers were told not to discuss the agenda of the meeting.
after that all of the muslim workers sat together didnt integrate as much and were guarded. There was no reason why al staff couldnt have been talked to altogether as it affected everybody , no matter what your culture was .
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 12:19   #19
God Member

Quote:
They haven't suggested it,we will have to bring it up and god knows if they will go along with it!
We don't have rights in an issue like this i'm afraid,if it had been the other way round there would have been an uproar and racist slurs being bandied about,we can't win unfortunately!
This implies that you have less rights than others in this country, that in itself is a disgrace!
Old 30-08-2008, 12:25   #20
God Member

Quote:
Your employers seem to be well out of order in this matter. It is disgusting IMO!!!
Old 30-08-2008, 12:49   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: You will join in

Wasn’t Tower Hamlets the first or one of the first local authorities to be infiltrated by immigrant councillors?

http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/data/your-council/index.cfm makes interesting reading.

And http://sps2ksrv.towerhamlets.gov.uk/MeetYourCouncillor/Members.aspx makes even more interesting reading where 31 of the 51 councillors have immigrant sounding names. What’s the betting that they are all devout Muslims?

I assume that the request (not TOLD as the Religious Affairs Correspondent Martin Beckford stated) was made by the ruling political party whose leader is a Councillor Lutfur Rahman who is also the Leader of the Labour Group. The reasoning behind the request is that 36% of the Tower Hamlet population follows Islam. Meaning that 64% do not. So Muslims are in the minority yet seem to have a majority representation at council level.

For many years now I have been of the opinion that Islam is infiltrating this country like some religious cancer and even made my views known on this forum. Only to be met with vilification and being called a racist. My claim that it is the sworn duty of every Muslim to promote the cause of Islam at every opportunity until the whole world follows Islam, was met with scorn, in spite of the fact that several Muslims have told me that it is true. Most Muslims only pay lip service to that edict but if push ever came to shove they would have to follow the party line so to speak.

Promoting Islam can be done by force or by stealth. I days of old it was done by force but that isn’t practical today so stealth it is. But how?

Create Muslim enclaves in targeted wards of towns and cities and get a councillor elected to office. A Muslim councillor is practically guaranteed a vote from all Muslims in his ward.

Make sure that the younger generation gets a good education so that they can get a job in the Town Hall, social services and the like.

Slowly but surely this country is being turned into a Muslim country, ward by ward, town by town and city by city and we are allowing it to happen. Nay not just allowing it but encouraging it by default and voter apathy.

Blackburn has 17 councillors out of 69 councillors with immigrant sounding names. Hmmm! It wasn’t all that long ago (1992) when there was just one. The Muslim community hasn’t quite gained control of the council but with 10 councillors as probable Muslims out of the 27 Labour (ruling party) councillors it won’t be long before it happens. Our current Mayor is Mohammed Khan elected as a councillor in 1992. See http://82.109.175.29/CMISWebPublic/CommitteeDetails.aspx?committeeID=123

How long before Blackburn follows a similar line to Tower Hamlets? Or Accrington, or Burnley, Bradford, Barnsley, Preston, etc. etc. etc.
Old 30-08-2008, 13:08   #22
Senior Member+

I wonder how true this 'report' actually is?

As for the microwave thing, years ago we had 2 microwaves in a place that I worked at, one for meat eaters and one for 5 vegetarians that worked there. Seemed fair enough to me. I really don't see what the problem is if people don't want to heat their food in the same microwave where others have been cooking fatty bacon.

As for these people who use East Lancashire as a barometer for Islamic 'infiltration', then it's hardly representative of the country is it? Very poor use of statistics and flimsy evidence.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 30-08-2008 at 13:11.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 13:11   #23
God Member

It is about time that the muslim population realised that their imposition of their customs on the rest of us, only serves to alienate us from them.

This 'starve with them at ramadam' thread is an example - also the wedding fireworks - also blatent disregard of parking restrictions on Blackburn Rd.

It all serves to stir discontent and encourage the racism that they complain about

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 13:15   #24
Senior Member+

I think this is one of those pc gone mad absolutely nothing to do with muslims but blamed on them things that mani was looking for a few weeks ago

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ims-41097.html

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 13:17   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
I think this is one of those pc gone mad absolutely nothing to do with muslims but blamed on them things that mani was looking for a few weeks ago

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ims-41097.html
That doesn't explain illegal fireworks and illegal parking

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2008, 14:11   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That doesn't explain illegal fireworks and illegal parking
Its the same old story Margaret, if some one said tothe muslims not to park the way they do, and that letting of fireworks was anti social I honestly think they would abide by the same rules as use. The fact is the powers that be (police, councils) are so frightened that they will be branded racist by the PC brigade, that we have the situations that we have, and a lot of it is not muslims at all, its white nut cases that like to think they can make these decisions on their behalf,
Old 30-08-2008, 14:18   #27
God Member

Exactly that jaysay, and shock of shocks, I agree with jambutty for a second time in as many weeks... must go see the doctor!
Old 30-08-2008, 14:26   #28
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: You will join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its the same old story Margaret, if some one said tothe muslims not to park the way they do, and that letting of fireworks was anti social I honestly think they would abide by the same rules as use. The fact is the powers that be (police, councils) are so frightened that they will be branded racist by the PC brigade, that we have the situations that we have, and a lot of it is not muslims at all, its white nut cases that like to think they can make these decisions on their behalf,
And the Muslim community play on it.
Old 30-08-2008, 14:29   #29
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: You will join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Exactly that jaysay, and shock of shocks, I agree with jambutty for a second time in as many weeks... must go see the doctor!
There, there derekgas, you’ve only had an attack of common sense.

By the way what’s gone wrong with your avatar? It seems to have a corrupt frame or two.
Old 30-08-2008, 15:09   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
There, there derekgas, you’ve only had an attack of common sense.

By the way what’s gone wrong with your avatar? It seems to have a corrupt frame or two.
Must be that muslims are complaining JB, the Cross of St George reminds them of the Crusades

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..