Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Gremlin 27-07-2014 15:40

Re: Today in pictures

DiG, I will forgive your Scouseness for posting photos like that, my sort of mucky messy day.

Is that you with the Combined Stabilisation top on?
When we ran the Caravan Park at Read there were two fellas who worked for that firm stayed in tourers for a year there. They were based at Rishton a few miles away but were working away a lot.
One came from Brighton and bought my Rover 75 when I was getting a new car, he insured it Third party and wrote it orf a few weeks later. Loosing a few grand.
I cant just make out the name on the motorcycle petrol tank, is it a GUzzi? it's a cracking little pickup truck, do me to run about in.

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2014 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1111514)
Ooooooh! I love number 8 Margaret - wish I'd taken it!

I must like it too...I posted it yesterday and today.
I like that kind of shot.

DaveinGermany 27-07-2014 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1111508)
You look as though you are having a really miserable time of it son(NOT) :D

Oh I was, pure purgatory Ma! :s_aim1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1111519)
DiG, I will forgive your Scouseness for posting photos like that, my sort of mucky messy day.

Is that you with the Combined Stabilisation top on?

I cant just make out the name on the motorcycle petrol tank, is it a GUzzi? it's a cracking little pickup truck, do me to run about in.

Looks like my sins are forgiven then, cheers Gremlin.

Aye it is, it's an old "Stanley" away kit.

Good eyes mate! It most serpently is a "Guzzi" when I get the chance I'll put a couple of others on you can browse. :)

Eric 27-07-2014 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1111404)
Saw this the other day, but due to Idleness only posted today. It's Zorro's 'Oss! :D

Si Sehnor! The Bass, he away scratching "Z's" Qué aburrido! :)

Bass:confused: I don't see any fish.

DaveinGermany 27-07-2014 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1111525)
Bass:confused: I don't see any fish.

It's peon speak for Boss. :D

Gremlin 27-07-2014 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1111524)
Oh I was, pure purgatory Ma! :s_aim1:

Looks like my sins are forgiven then, cheers Gremlin.

Aye it is, it's an old "Stanley" away kit.

Good eyes mate! It most serpently is a "Guzzi" when I get the chance I'll put a couple of others on you can browse. :)

Cheers mucker, don't know a lot about Stanley or any other football kicking serfs so I didn't know about the Shirt.
Apart from watching half a match when I had the misfortune to drive the coach for Burnley I have never seen a football match. Only half a match, yes I was booted out at half time for walking into the dressing room at half time and asking for a brew. Big Jimmy Adamson was giving the lads a team talk, four nil down and he wasn't pleased with me interrupting his swearing.
I was relegated to the supporters coach but never got to drive it, my garage keys and fuel card were handed in and I finished with the firm, not enough danger money for me to risk my life carting those morons about.

gpick24 27-07-2014 19:31

8 Attachment(s)
A few from todays tootle

Gremlin 27-07-2014 19:37

10 Attachment(s)
A photo Margaret P posted of a V.W. camper van reminded me it was the V.W. show at Leyland today so off I went about noon and had a reasonable afternoon.

No. 1 Herbie.
No. 2 Karmann Ghia, rare breed, I knew a lady who owned one, she had a cafe somewhere opposite what was the AEU club on Blackburn road.. I didn't live in Accrington but she used to call to see a friend near where I did live and lent me the car a few times for an hour or two, (probably to keep hush about the meeting).
No. 3 Proper VW camper van.
No. 4 Modern VW Camper van.
No. 5 A Beatle
No. 6 That's the thing which makes the Beetle go.
No. 7 Moggie.
No. 8 A VW Beetle conversion.
No. 9 I came back down New Lane and stopped for a few seconds, this photo was taken through the car window (open) at exactly the right time. Lucky shot, taken with a Panasonic Lumix with Leica, very handy little pocket camera.
No. 10 Finally got chance to take it easy with a few cans and my feet up at home, hopefully Kate Brownlow will arrive at 9AM Monday to do the lawn and anything else in the garden that needs sorting out which makes hands dirty.

Another batch tomorrow.

DaveinGermany 27-07-2014 19:54

Gremlin nr.10 is the right way to do the gardening. :D

Gremlin 27-07-2014 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1111532)
Gremlin nr.10 is the right way to do the gardening. :D

The only way Dave, last night when it was so very hot I put the sprinklers on and pranced about under it in a pair of black boxer shorts, no socks either. What a lovely way to cool down and water the lawn as well. It poured down later but who cares I was nice and cool in bed.

Sorry, no body about to take the photo, thankfully.

I had a water cannon sat across my knees, like the old wild west cowboys with the shot gun. There is a big black cat that insists on trying to destroy all Kate's good work and I can just about reach it when it gets over the fence and that is 55 feet away. If I caught it I would enter it for the Grand National, it clears the 6 foot fence in one. No harm done to the cat.

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2014 20:00

Russell, some lovely pics there. Although not a fan of cricket, that shot is a purler.....well caught that man. I would be well proud of that.
Your garden looks a wonderful place to put your feet up with a good book and a glass of something cold.

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2014 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1111533)
The only way Dave, last night when it was so very hot I put the sprinklers on and pranced about under it in a pair of black boxer shorts, no socks either. What a lovely way to cool down and water the lawn as well. It poured down later but who cares I was nice and cool in bed.

Sorry, no body about to take the photo, thankfully.

That really made me smile......no picture required.....I have a very pictorial imagination.....so I saw it all :)

Gremlin 27-07-2014 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1111535)
That really made me smile......no picture required.....I have a very pictorial imagination.....so I saw it all :)

You are making me blush now Margaret.

Margaret Pilkington 27-07-2014 21:43

Oh, it was very chaste...:D

davemac 27-07-2014 22:23

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, the colour is returning.

1. Apart from the occasional protruding stones, there are no signs of previous use of the land.
2. The grasses that were so dominant on my last visit have now seeded and are returning to a lower level.
3. Whites and purple are becoming the dominant colour.
4. Despite dark clouds in all directions, and a wind that blows these flowers in all directions they still manage to stay tall.
5. Ox Eye Daisy and Willowherb belt out their colour.
6. There are dark clouds in all directions, yet the sun shines on this area.
7. Hymalayan Balsam and Teasels try to become the tallest.
8. If it wasnt for the motorway off to the left you would think you were in the heart of the countryside, although mentally, you can be.
9. Soldier Beetles appear to be in a feeding frenzy, for reasons I know not.
10. A Teasel as the flowers pulse up the head getting fertilised along the way, when the flowers reach the top the whole head has been fertilised