Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Margaret Pilkington 11-07-2012 21:33

Re: Today in pictures

Yes I had a rescued Maine Coon cat that looked a bit like tigger...he had bigger tufts of hair in his ears.......and the jodhpurs.......and he was BIG!

susie123 11-07-2012 21:34

6 Attachment(s)
This is the end of your lovely day in Morecambe Jen - it just rained (10pm)! Wasn't supposed to according to the weather forecast.

There must have been a sunset but I missed it, you can still see a bit of pink in some pics. The last two are taken looking inland towards Lancaster, an interesting combination of grey, blue and white in the sky.

susie123 11-07-2012 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1002346)
Yes I had a rescued Maine Coon cat that looked a bit like tigger...he had bigger tufts of hair in his ears.......and the jodhpurs.......and he was BIG!

No ours wasn't anything as posh as Maine Coon, just an ordinary fluffy tabby stray, and a pretty miserable one at that! Our first cat was a biggie though - a kitten rescued from a skip at 6 weeks, grew to weigh a stone and a half - and he wasn't fat! When we first got him he disappeared on his first night - we found him curled up inside the works at the back of the fridge - we reckoned the noise of the motor reminded him of his mum! He was actually thick as two short planks but lovable for all that!

shillelagh 12-07-2012 00:40

10 Attachment(s)
just finished the morecambe ones ... i'll do the rest tomorrow (took some on the journey home through the trough of bowland out the car window and we stopped at a lookout tower over the bay ...)

shillelagh 12-07-2012 00:47

10 Attachment(s)
a few more ...:p

shillelagh 12-07-2012 00:53

10 Attachment(s)
and some more ...:p:p:p

shillelagh 12-07-2012 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1002347)
This is the end of your lovely day in Morecambe Jen - it just rained (10pm)! Wasn't supposed to according to the weather forecast.

There must have been a sunset but I missed it, you can still see a bit of pink in some pics. The last two are taken looking inland towards Lancaster, an interesting combination of grey, blue and white in the sky.

very nice ... i missed tonites sunset ... i had visitors :p:p:p

shillelagh 12-07-2012 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1002331)
Can't really remember, as my observer (Marion) wasn't ! So I had to try & drive - locate - assess parking all at once. :rolleyes: It's was Gerrys on Parliament st off Regent rd. And to keep the old baggage happy we did the touristy bit too, round the market, along the Beach with an Ice cream & some retail therapy (Couldn't really say no when I'd just given out 300 notes on Fishing gear now could I). :)

Anyways, while I'm on this thread & talking about that somewhat tarnished jewel that is Morecambe, some piccys. :)

Cormorant figure on prom - Beach looking South - Witchy one, looking for ingredients from the bumper book of spells - Roundabout & figures - Close up of the figures.

we walked past that fishing tackle shop today ... we decided to do a detour off the front as it was very windy .. pointed it out to the spugster and he said itd probably be all sea fishing ... he dont do that kind ... trout and that kind he does ..:p

Margaret Pilkington 12-07-2012 06:31

Brilliant pics Jen...absolutely love 'em.
I can taste the salt on my lips and smell the sea air. Thank you for taking me with you...and wasn't I quiet:D?

Sue you live in a lovely place....I am quite envious.

susie123 12-07-2012 09:02

Thanks for the pics Jen, I'm glad it was such a nice day weatherwise and you obviously had a great time. I'm sure the drive home through Bowland was an added bonus - I love stopping at that lookout tower, the view is amazing - even in the dark when you can see all the lights for miles around.

It's good to see one's home through someone else's eyes - I hardly notice all the bird statues etc any more yet they are they one of the town's major attractions supposedly! Glad to see you made it up the prom almost as far as our house - we live just behind the prom near the yacht club's house on stilts!

davemac 12-07-2012 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1002356)
and some more ...:p:p:p

Lovely set of pictures, it looked a nice day, and you looked to have the beach to yourselves. I haven't been there for more years than I can remember, it looks to have changed beyond recognition. I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't posted the pictures.

There is a rule on this thread that if you go to the seaside you have to bring us all a stick of rock back, what arrangements are in place for the collection.

davemac 12-07-2012 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1002376)
Thanks for the pics Jen, I'm glad it was such a nice day weatherwise and you obviously had a great time. I'm sure the drive home through Bowland was an added bonus - I love stopping at that lookout tower, the view is amazing - even in the dark when you can see all the lights for miles around.

It's good to see one's home through someone else's eyes - I hardly notice all the bird statues etc any more yet they are they one of the town's major attractions supposedly! Glad to see you made it up the prom almost as far as our house - we live just behind the prom near the yacht club's house on stilts!

Its a fact that other peoples eyes don't see what you do, and it is always good to look at something from a different perspective.
I think I would burst a blood vessel if I came across all those statues, carvings, beaches, cabins, sunsets, by trying to photograph everything all at once.

susie123 12-07-2012 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1002381)
I think I would burst a blood vessel if I came across all those statues, carvings, beaches, cabins, sunsets, by trying to photograph everything all at once.

Better stay away from Morecambe then Dave!

Margaret Pilkington 12-07-2012 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1002381)
Its a fact that other peoples eyes don't see what you do, and it is always good to look at something from a different perspective.

You and me both...and haven't you just said something that I have been saying all along...someone else always sees a different(and often much more interesting)perspective.

cashman 12-07-2012 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1002349)
No ours wasn't anything as posh as Maine Coon,

You two will have the P.C. Brigade on yer case,if yeh aint careful.:D