Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 13:12   #136

Re: Poor Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Someone doesn't appear to understand the concept of paragraphs....
your style is generic, mines authentic made

I see they tell me Harwood is 25. My presence here is clearly no coincedence then as I am 25 also.

I believe greater forces are at work

staveros: a God fearing man and good friend to animals
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2005, 13:17   #137
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
your style is generic, mines authentic made

I see they tell me Harwood is 25. My presence here is clearly no coincedence then as I am 25 also.

I believe greater forces are at work

staveros: a God fearing man and good friend to animals

No from your profile I saw you were twenty five.

Twenty five= jumpers for goal posts.

Harwood Red= Premiership.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 13:23   #138

Generic? No, it's just proper grammar!

I think this will be my last post on this thread, this guy is a complete tool, not worth getting repetitive strain syndrome for.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 13:23   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
No from your profile I saw you were twenty five.

Twenty five= jumpers for goal posts.

Harwood Red= Premiership.
sh*t, we'll knock that one on the head then
Old 06-09-2005, 13:26   #140
God Member

Staveros just out of curiosity will u be attending stanley tonight? seing as the prices are so low ???
Old 06-09-2005, 13:32   #141
God Member

I'm with Staveros on this; some of his detail is a little dodgy, but nevertheless his wider view is correct - Stanley, for the foreseeable future, will at best languish somewhere in the middle of the Conference, at worst go out. The most important thing short term issue is to get bums through the gates and hence get cash in the bank.

It is therefore no help whatsoever to label certain fans "fairweather|" or even to raise the question of the loyalty of the populace of Accy to it's team. People pay twelve quid at the gates and in return they want a minimum of twelve quids worth of entertainment (be that in skilful play, an adrenalin boost, seranading by the Ultras, a feeling of common bonding and hopefully a win). The simple fact is that alot of potential and lapsed fans do not feel they would get their money's worth.

Only 1000 people currently feel that is the case, (from an Accy populace of 40,000 or 80,000 in Hyndburn) then thats a problem. In terms of proportionality, it is probably not much lower than other clubs within the conference, but given our most romantic and historical name then it should be far,far higher.

Anyone who comes along with a fresh idea and a little imagination should be encouraged,not discouraged and on this thread I have so far seen little of the former.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 13:35   #142
God Member

tealeaf.. all very well accept... he hasnt come up with any fresh ideas that would be used.....
Old 06-09-2005, 13:36   #143

Wow! I feel im in the presence of a genius, its like a royalty has visited, Tony grab the camera i feel a Kipax moment coming on!

Staveros, my friend, where have you been all this time, how have we coped without you? Where were you when we were rooted to the bottom of the Unibond facing relegation and the possibility of going bust, again? You could have rode into town and saved the day! Instead we get some geezer from Harwood called Eric Whalley and look what thats got us........

A financially stable club

John Coleman and Jimmy Bell

A couple of promotions

Numerous cups, including Lancs cup twice

Full time football

Shall i stop now? Its nice that your concerned about us, we appreciate it ( well i do), but i think Mr Whalley knows what he's doing. (Although im sure he's locked in his office at the IES busy scribbling notes into his jotter pad from all your posts)

Couple more snippets of info for you my new found toffee man friend (do they still throw the mints to the crowd before ko?)

Rory and McEvily went to a higher league, we couldnt force them to choose Stanley over a league 1 and 2 clubs. Its like Scott Parker choosing Newcastle over Everton.(soz)

You can buy success, bring in a big name, but unless your Chelsea it'll come back to haunt you in the end

Oh and finally, this important tele thing youve mentioned................they have BIG screen in the club house now, the whole wall is alive with moving pictures, its a mavel to behold!
Old 06-09-2005, 13:37   #144

jonathan timmins

you will see from my earlier post that the 'rola cola' cup is of no interest to staveros.

i dont believe competitions like this should be entered by a professional team with league ambitions, it is a pointless sapping of the players valuable powers.
Old 06-09-2005, 13:41   #145
God Member

Ok then will you be coming to the game on the 17th against crawley???
Old 06-09-2005, 13:42   #146
God Member

Any minute now there will be a post.. eibo? who are you.. do you go to games?

I love the internet I really really do
Old 06-09-2005, 13:47   #147

tealeaf, my erudite friend from the south,your presence and support is greatly appreciated.

it is good to see that someone else understands the subtle messages behind staveros' 'ramblings'.

whilst staveros is always looking out for the greater good, the mocking of foolish men(diesel) often makes the retreat into persiflage seem an attractive option.

tealeaf, you are a gentleman and a scholar and the staveros salutes you

staveros: fair to a fault and always willing to put egos aside in the presence of great men
Old 06-09-2005, 13:50   #148
God Member

satveros.... BE SERIOUS FOR A MOMENT....we have had this over and over again.. you ahvent really brought anything new to the table... season aftre season its the same....

we end up with two main areas

1) get into the schools and get the kids early.. just like burnley and blackburn do

2) accy has a large asian community... why not try and attract them to the game?

those are the only two real avenues we can explore for more fans...... there is NO SHORT TERM ANSWER only long term....
Old 06-09-2005, 13:59   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
satveros.... BE SERIOUS FOR A MOMENT....we have had this over and over again.. you ahvent really brought anything new to the table... season aftre season its the same....

we end up with two main areas

1) get into the schools and get the kids early.. just like burnley and blackburn do

2) accy has a large asian community... why not try and attract them to the game?

those are the only two real avenues we can explore for more fans...... there is NO SHORT TERM ANSWER only long term....

uh hum, serious face..

K-Pax,

I disagree, they are NOT the only ways. The first way is futile, it hasn't worked for Blackburn or Burnley so it DEFINITELY wont work for Stanley.

It is a romantic notion but one that is ultimately doomed to failure.

The second, well, whatever lights your candle, it wouldn't be the route I would take though.

I am ambitious, Stanley aren't in the Unibond anymore, they are just a skip away from league football. They are a pro club again now, lets get serious.

The roof debacle is indicative of everything if you ask me, tin pot small time.

'Lets play it safe'.

Its all very well planning for tomorrow but if you don't deal with today then there may be no tomorrow.

Getting the big name player would work, I am sure of this.

As I have already explained, I am sure such a move would finance itself short term.

Once the fans are there you have your chance to keep them, its fairly simple for me.
Old 06-09-2005, 14:05   #150
God Member

It has worked for Blackburn and Burnley.. You only have to walk around town to see the shirts.. Kids in Burnley and Blackburn shirts because the clubs visit the schools and hand out free or cheap tickets and merchandise.. once they get them in there hooked... If you dont realise that kids are the future fans of the club then your more short sighted than I will currently give you credit for.

the asian route is somehting thats been talked about many times and suugested many times.. personally I dont see how it will work.. they know the ground is there.. they know football is on a saturday... if they dont want to go then they dont want to go.. cant force anyone.. but it seems to be a populor course of action muted many times

Quote:
The roof debacle is indicative of everything if you ask me, tin pot small time.
Sigh... dont play me for a fool man.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..