Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 17:59   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Poor Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
Theres a guy managing a bunch of part timers called Algarve Utd who I think would solve the problem immediately.

Dont know how long he plans staying over there but the lure of the english league and a pro club could be tempting??

Or maybe im mad??
The old saying he'll work for peanuts change to a couple pints, I suppose the curious aspect may appeal for say 2 weeks then what, don't see many reports about them in the news or on sky. We could ask JC to go home and beat the crap out of his wife that won't be the same, but he anit Gazza.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2005, 18:19   #32

Offensive content removed

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 04-09-2005 at 19:17.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 19:20   #33

Staveros, please refrain from posting that kind of content. If you want to contact me by PM then feel free, but I'm not going to be drawn on a public discussion.

Please accept this as a warning. Thank you.
Old 04-09-2005, 19:24   #34
Senior Member+

Starting a new college tomorrow so I will be spreading the word for new fans.............
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 19:27   #35
God Member

yeah get yer sandwich board ready smiffy

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 19:38   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Starting a new college tomorrow so I will be spreading the word for new fans.............
Students! Great, should be good business for the bar...and I'll bet they'll feel right at home, seeing people walking round with Che Guevara banners (or am I showing my age here?!!)
Old 04-09-2005, 19:39   #37
Senior Member+

hehehe The Stanley shirt will be on full show tomorrow
Old 04-09-2005, 20:02   #38
God Member

good lad smithy ive worn mine as often as possible will see you there on wednesday
Old 04-09-2005, 20:28   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Not entirely true. The conference is the body that requests a minimum admission charge which I believe is £10.
Sorry but you are wrong. That information came directly from the mouth of both Eric & Frank also repeated it to me on Saturday when discussing low gates.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:11   #40

Staveros, did you go on Saturday -- yes or no?

Because if you did, you could hardly have classed that as "crap". It was an entertaining game only let down by the crowd size and the usual defensive lapse -- that needs sorting..

I went with a friend who is an "irregular" supporter and two others who were from outside the area. We all agreed it has been a good game and that skill levels and commitment were better than last year.

As for kids, give 'em free tickets, low admission or whatever, but handcuff the little beggars to their parents and make em either siddown or stand in one place. They two little tearaways at the back of the Clayton End on Saturday afternoon were a real menace and their dad did sod all to stop them.
SimonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:05   #41

I was one of the missing fans on Saturday, having been a virtual ever present for the past few seasons. There were a few reasons why I wasn't there, namely:

1. The kick off time. 1.00 is too early for a Saturday game. It should have been brought forward to the Friday night.

2. I wanted to see the England game, and would have missed a big chunk of it travelling back from Accy.

3. The admission fee is becoming too high, from £8 to £12 in a couple of seasons. What are we getting for the extra 50% apart from names on shirts and a few broken promises? Certainly the standard of football is no better.

4. I don't enjoy going in the club after the game as much. The prices are ridiculous and the service is abysmal. At the final whistle at the Exeter game, there were 2 bar staff on and about 50 people waiting to be served. One of the barmaids then decided that was a good point to take five minutes out to check the change in the till and restock it with 20p pieces from the back room. Unbelievable! Also, the Man of the Match award has been devalued by the opposing players never turning up (understandable if they have a long coach journey ahead) and our own players hiding away in another room (unforgiveable). Not to forget the unforgivably rude manner in which Frank addresses the assembled supporters.

I will pick and choose my games from now on.

And to all the "Stanley till I die" brigade, I would say, no I'm not one of you. I'm an Everton fan, and will be Everton till I die. There aren't enough of you, so you must depend on those of us for whom Stanley are a second choice team to support.

And not give us excuses not to attend.
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:20   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
1. The kick off time. 1.00 is too early for a Saturday game. It should have been brought forward to the Friday night.
1pm is fine for a Saturday and not early at all

Quote:
2. I wanted to see the England game, and would have missed a big chunk of it travelling back from Accy.
You could of watched it in the clubhouse like most others

Quote:
3. The admission fee is becoming too high, from £8 to £12 in a couple of seasons. What are we getting for the extra 50% apart from names on shirts and a few broken promises? Certainly the standard of football is no better.
As was said before we are charging the lowest rates we can in the Conference, and I'll disagree with you the standard of football is much much better than it has been over the past few seasons

Quote:
4. I don't enjoy going in the club after the game as much. The prices are ridiculous and the service is abysmal. At the final whistle at the Exeter game, there were 2 bar staff on and about 50 people waiting to be served. One of the barmaids then decided that was a good point to take five minutes out to check the change in the till and restock it with 20p pieces from the back room. Unbelievable! Also, the Man of the Match award has been devalued by the opposing players never turning up (understandable if they have a long coach journey ahead) and our own players hiding away in another room (unforgiveable). Not to forget the unforgivably rude manner in which Frank addresses the assembled supporters.
Have a bit of patience the man of the match always turn up and if yo've been this season the players do mingle more and speak with fans oh and if you knew Frank you would understand him

And Finally......

Quote:
And not give us excuses not to attend.
You missed a corker mate
Old 05-09-2005, 12:26   #43
God Member

Quote:
woking to travel up here on a friday..... thats harsh isn't it?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:27   #44
God Member

yeah but so is 1:00pm in afternoon!!!

We should have just moved it to sunday
Old 05-09-2005, 12:31   #45

But you must agree there are issues there that the club must address if it is going to attract people who, like me, can find something better to do with our Saturdays.
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..