Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 17:16   #91

Re: Poor Gates

Them pics arent loading for me JT but i have seen the plasma in the Gazelle lounge and its boss.

Thats not for the masses though is it.

smiffy, are you a little slow old boy or what??

Do you need every aspect of evry point spoonfeeding??

I have given you reasons for my discontinued attendance, i.e lack of progress, lack of VFM.

Do you get it?? I need enticing back now.

In fairness some of you are doing a good selling job and I feel I now owe you an appearance. I will check the fixtures and get myself down to the next game possible.

Not some rola cola cup game against Harwood though!!

Am I a rock thread starter or what by the way??

any prospective Evertonians out there feel free to come and have a look on www.bluekipper.com

Its the most happening club forum on the net
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2005, 17:19   #92
Senior Member+

Staveros, I ain't gonna fall out with you, the club need the suggestions though not us! E-Mail them!

"Dear Accy, Buy some proper televisions, all the best Staveros!"

Next time you come I will find you & queue for you, thats a promise, tell your friends!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 17:22   #93

The Gazelle Lounge looks terrific.

Where the hell is it?
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 17:23   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyguy
One. Me.

You don't think anybody else in my family would be mad enough to come, do you?
Listen, I'll come with you if you are lonely? That may tempt you to purchase a season ticket & travel with the Ultras on our Ginsters Tour of the UK!

By the way, shouldn't you be Evertonguy? or did you register as the bandwagon came rolling past when we played Bournemouth!

Its all good, i buy you a pint, honest (thats VFM Staveros!)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 05-09-2005, 17:32   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
did you register as the bandwagon came rolling past when we played Bournemouth!
I started a few seasons before that. By the time Stanley played Bournemouth and Huddersfield, I was already a season ticket holder and was well and truly on board the bandwagon.

I'm not falling out with anybody - just putting forward constructive suggestions to improve things at the IES.
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 18:43   #96

[QUOTE=Willie Miller]Listen,

Jase, I appreciate your concern, & everything you do with/for the Ultras, but, sniping at 'occasional' fans will not endear them to come to the next game!!

They are the ones we need to convert!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 18:46   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyguy

just putting forward constructive suggestions to improve things at the IES.
That's what we need, constructive suggestions, less of this 'I've been here longer than you' scenario.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 20:01   #98

now to put my 4 peneth worth in i went to se woking play gravesend prior to us playing them, if we can only beat woking 2-1 then we sure as hell are going to get our buts kicked by gravesend because they should have beat woking by at least 7
Old 05-09-2005, 20:02   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
because they should have beat woking by at least 7
TBH maidstone so should we but three points is three points
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 20:16   #100
God Member

Well I'm in my 3rd full season as ST holder and I have to say it had nothing to do with tv's (who bases their decision on tv's anyway??) that drew me to stanley in the first place. It was grass roots, down to earth footy. I was drawn between local prem team and stanley won. Not as you may think because it was cheaper but because of the people I met at my first match who made me feel welcome and I have felt PART of the club and not just a spectator ever since! this year I brought Garinda along and you all know how he feels about the Stanley now. I also have on occasions persuaded colleagues at work to come down to the IES when their teams are not playing, but would never suggest they should change their allegience I am happy to see them when they do come to support stanley.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 20:16   #101

youre right on that qoute, you dont have to be pritty in your play to get points but pritty play gets extra supporters do you want sucses or support?
Old 05-09-2005, 20:31   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
do you want sucses or support?
Success please if we had 500 on every week in the Conference and we were still winning games I'd be happy
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 21:36   #103

and smiffy with succsess comes support, but please dont anyone on this site moan about people not cumming through the gate as at this levle people will only come through the gates if the team are playing well, having seen my local club Maidstone United win premotion from the conference into the football league several years ago now they went full time and 2 years later went bust and just like accrington they are making the long road back last year they didnt have a good season league wise and there home gate sufferd badly and so did all away teams this year they have a few new players a manager that joined them mid season last year. they are still unbeaten in 4 league matches and in the fa cup and average attendances are allready back up in the 300s and thats a kent league side, the moral of the story is get it right on the field, keep winning then win and play well and the attendace problem will look after itself
Old 05-09-2005, 21:41   #104
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=KiTChener]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Listen,

Jase, I appreciate your concern, & everything you do with/for the Ultras, but, sniping at 'occasional' fans will not endear them to come to the next game!!

They are the ones we need to convert!!
Sorry, but it was all said with a cheeky grin on my face & you missed quoting the bit offering to buy him a pint!

& you if you want one.....................

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 05-09-2005, 22:53   #105

[QUOTE=yerself]Rather than deal in hearsay, rumour or conjecture

I don't consider my hearing to be defective. I did say Eric & frank directly spoke to me & stated that the FA had set the price. That cannot be heresay, rumour or conjecture unless the dictionary definitions have been altered. I too will be interested in the response-if you get one & will be first in the queue to question Eric & Frank!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..