Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 16:40   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Poor Gates

Do people not remember playing teams like Trafford!!!!! in front of half what we get now (& less)

1000 is poor, disappointing etc etc. But I certainly ain't ever gonna look at a football club in the same way as the chairman does ie a business, with a business plan & customers, & marketing strategy

ARGGGGGGH!

Never, ever, ever .............

So, who's on the coach to Burton?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2005, 16:49   #77
God Member

It does kinda spoil it when we have to think like businessmen... lets leave the running of the club to the people that know best.. and the rest of us enjoy the game
Old 05-09-2005, 16:51   #78

I don't for one minute doubt the commitment shown by the board. In a previous life, I used to have regular meetings with Eric and John Demaine, and I used to dread meeting them if Stanley had lost the night before. They are 100% committed to the club.

This thread is all about discussing why the gates have fallen, and we are all trying to put forward constructive suggestions to address the problem. It is not acceptable to adopt an elitist view that the only worthwhile fans are those that are Stanley through and through. Manchester United is a club founded on fair weather supporters, and it hasn't done them any harm.

Nor is it acceptable to bury your head in the sand and say that if only 900 turn up to games, then so be it. Two seasons ago there were 2,500 going through the turnstiles, and that potential has got to be exploited.

The £12 admission fee, like it or not, is a factor that is putting people off. If you want to encourage kids to become Stanley fans, then for goodness sake make it attractive for them to come. Charge them a nominal £1 per head.

Stanley has the advantage of being one of the most famous clubs in English football. If they get back into the League it will be national headlines. Let's exploit that to the limit!
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 16:57   #79

Willie Miller, you laugh at my suggestions? Right back at ya.

It is the sort of 'tin-pot' attitude that buying two plasma screens draws 'belly laughs' that is part of the problem here.

The club supposedly has ambitions to reach the league yet they seemingly want to do it 'on the cheap'.

You seem also to have misunderstood me, you imply that in some way I could be tempted to change my team alliegances?? Never.

I will always be an Evertonian, come what may, my point is that there is also an opportunity for me to support my local club fairly often. Likewise Blackburn and Burnley fans.

If you think that it is possible to create a good size support of loyal Stanley fans I fear you are sadly misguided. Its just not going to happen. Its people like me and the Rovers and Burnley boys you need to be appealing to.

Whatever you say about Payton he would have increased the gate considerably, I dont think there can be any argument about that. Maybe he would have expected a decent deal, fair enough, so would I if I was him. You need to do a cost benefit analysis then but for me, as i said, it would have been an absolute no brainer.

Anyway, what am i bothered for?? It doesn't hurt me if the attendances are rubbish does it?? Im just trying to make a point and I dont think Im only speaking for myself.

Believe it or not East Lancashire isnt backwardsville anymore. There are a fair amount of forward thinking, ambitious people around.

You are telling me that the club cannot afford a couple of proper tele's properly installed without fans charity??

B****x.

Its a p*ss take.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 16:58   #80
Senior Member+

Thing that annoys me about all this is the people who are complaining about the attendance didnt go on Saturday themselves.....

Kinda contradicts themselves really
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 16:59   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
You are telling me that the club cannot afford a couple of proper tele's properly installed without fans charity??
You been in the club recently?
Old 05-09-2005, 17:00   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener

We should have had a lot more press coverage on the fact that we sold an extremely talented left-winger
how do you mean? it was a run-of-the-mill transfer. It made the local airwaves and papers. It's not going to go further than that i'm afraid.
Old 05-09-2005, 17:02   #83

who is this Payton fella. Never heard of him
Old 05-09-2005, 17:02   #84

If you mean me smiffy, im giving you reasons why.

ive been on plenty in seasons past, im telling you why ive stopped.

its not rocket science.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 17:05   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
If you mean me smiffy, im giving you reasons why.

ive been on plenty in seasons past, im telling you why ive stopped.

its not rocket science.
Well we wouldnt have these attendance 'problems' if people like you had'nt stopped coming

Not Rocket science
Old 05-09-2005, 17:06   #86
God Member

If u havent been to the club recently then u wont have seen the gazelle lougne

THAT TV GOOD ENOUGH???

http://kipax.fotopic.net/p19572055.html

Old 05-09-2005, 17:08   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Thing that annoys me about all this is the people who are complaining about the attendance didnt go on Saturday themselves.....

Kinda contradicts themselves really
Lord Give Me Strength.

I was at the Exeter game and there were only 1,300 there. Does that make my comments valid?
Old 05-09-2005, 17:10   #88
Senior Member+

No because you havent stopped coming then have you if you was at the previous game?

Notice the attendance in that game.....How many come in your car?
Old 05-09-2005, 17:12   #89
God Member

Quote:
Well we wouldnt have these attendance 'problems' if people like you had'nt stopped coming
pure class haha
Old 05-09-2005, 17:13   #90

Quote:
No because you havent stopped coming then have you if you was at the previous game?

Notice the attendance in that game.....How many come in your car?
One. Me.

You don't think anybody else in my family would be mad enough to come, do you?

Last edited by Stanleyguy; 05-09-2005 at 17:14.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..