Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 12:37   #46
God Member

Re: Poor Gates

All clubs have the same issues.. Stanley have tried to address these and surely will keep trying... You would need to be an idiot to think the club doesn't know or try.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:44   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Excellent posts, Smiffy and Big Al, I agree with every word you say.

As for Robaldo, this was the guy who only three weeks ago was enquiring about joining the supporters' club to help boost attendances! Now he's shopping around for another club! So I take it you won't be wanting a Stanley Til I Die T-shirt then, Robaldo?
I'm not shopping around for another club, I'm just a football fan who fancied watching a match on Tuesday night. What's wrong with that?

£12 is a lot of money. £48 (which is what me and me woman have to find this week) is a hell of a lot of money! We're supporting Stanley, so we'll pay it. Might I suggest that the missing 800 'supporters' think that they can find better things to do with their £48?
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:51   #48
God Member

Quote:
Might I suggest that the missing 800 'supporters' think that they can find better things to do with their £48?
I dont agree with that argument.. I am sure that if the 950 that where there on sat could have found summat better to do with there money .. I am sure if we all search then we all could find summat better to do with our money.. but we dont.. we prefer to spend our money on stanley.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:55   #49
Super Moderator

I would say £12 is a fair price to pay to watch a game of professional football at the highest non-league level in the country...and where do you get £48 from?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:57   #50
Resting In Peace

Quote:
As was said before we are charging the lowest rates we can in the Conference, and I'll disagree with you the standard of football is much much better than it has been over the past few seasons
Scarborough £10
Morecambe £11
Tamworth £10
Forest Green £9
Grays Athletic £10
etc, etc, etc
How do these clubs get away with it if the lowest price allowed by the Conference is £12
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 13:05   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
All clubs have the same issues.. Stanley have tried to address these and surely will keep trying... You would need to be an idiot to think the club doesn't know or try.
I'd also be an idiot to remain silent and not to offer constructive comments to explain why I didn't go to the match on Saturday, which is what I was trying to do.

The club has got a lot going for it, and the facilities are better than many away grounds I have visited (eg Leigh RMI - a vision of hell!). The clubhouse is very comfortable, especially now it has been extended. The seating is adequate and offers protection from the elements.

The team play reasonably well - they havent made a bad start to the season, despite the disappointing results against Exeter and Cambridge).

The website is excellent (thanks to Rob and Kipax) and won a prize last year did it not?

But the club doesn't have a god given right to expect people to attend. My comments about the entrance charges, prices in the bar and quality of service are intended to be constructive. Unfortunalely, I have been complaining about the quality of service for a couple of seasons, but it always seems to fall on deaf ears. Why can't someone realise that there will be short periods where the bar is mad busy. (eg at half time and for 10/15 minutes after the game.) For those periods, flood the bar with extra staff, even if it is volunteer staff who you can trust to use the till.
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 13:08   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
.. but we dont.. we prefer to spend our money on stanley.
You've hit the nail on the head. There just AREN'T enough people who feel like you do.
Old 05-09-2005, 13:14   #53

Talking Re: Poor Gates

I cant resist any longer Speaking of idiots and early kickoffs, my bro turned up on Saturday at 10 to 3 just as everyone was leaving!!! HAHAHAHA

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 13:20   #54
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Scarborough £10
Morecambe £11
Tamworth £10
Forest Green £9
Grays Athletic £10
etc, etc, etc
How do these clubs get away with it if the lowest price allowed by the Conference is £12
Because the minimum admission price is not £12 and anyone who tells you that is lying. Southport is £10 a game by the way.
mellowyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 13:23   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
I cant resist any longer Speaking of idiots and early kickoffs, my bro turned up on Saturday at 10 to 3 just as everyone was leaving!!! HAHAHAHA

Jimbo T blower
Lol, good one Jimbo. I did wonder if anyone would forget, he must have been gutted.

It was only after three calls from Harwood Red and the promise of a lift, that I got there on time, even though the earlier kick off time was well publicised.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 13:23   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Because the minimum admission price is not £12 and anyone who tells you that is lying. Southport is £10 a game by the way.
Can we have some clarification from Rob?
Old 05-09-2005, 13:58   #57
God Member

Does nobody else think that we just dont advertsie the game enough???
Old 05-09-2005, 14:18   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
I would say £12 is a fair price to pay to watch a game of professional football at the highest non-league level in the country...and where do you get £48 from?
£48 is the two of us going to two matches in a week.

I'm willing to pay £12 to watch a game of professional football at the highest non-league level... all I'm suggesting is that there are lots of people who wouldn't be - most of Accrington, by the look of it!

Not meaning any offence, but Accrington doesn't look to be one of the most affluent towns around. Most of your 4x4 people-wagon drivers seem to put on their jester hats and pootle off to their pre-warmed premiership seats leaving us working class folks to go and watch Stanley. Perhaps the choice is Sky subscription or non-league football?

Last edited by Robaldo; 05-09-2005 at 14:22.
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 14:39   #59
Super Moderator

It won't cost you £48, because the Harwood match prices will be well below £12.

Obviously, you're not on your own in thinking that the admission prices are too high. I, personally, don't think that knocking a quid or two off the gate prices will bring the missing hundreds back. A consistent spell of success on the field of play would be a far more effective way to get people through the turnstiles.
Old 05-09-2005, 14:50   #60
Senior Member+

It seems money is the problem or should I say price, if its 12 quid a time why not sell a 10 game pack for 100 pounds, lose 20 make 80 if thats to much to lose have a six game pack for 60 and the you only lose 12 quid thats one persons attendance. Season tickets are on a cheaper rate 220 seems a good price, but still not 12 quid a game. I presume that selling season tickets are to get money upfront and if you can't make a game tough, this is the same idea on a smaller scale.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..