Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2012, 18:15   #661
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I regard all synthetic substances as toxic.
How fast you die, and what you die from, depends on whether you follow 'prescribed use' or 'Abuse'.

I know some people consider their life depends on them. I consider they have just chosen an alternative way to die, and more slowly. I respect their right to choose that option.

Ten years ago I was in daily continuous pain and took high strength prescription drugs to control it, and I got addicted.

I weaned myself off them, and began tackling the cause of my pain instead of masking it. A few detox procedures later I was pain free.

I know this won't work for everybody. I just wish to point out that to blindly accept that prescription drugs are the only solution to your problem is not in your best interests.
AS i've said before Margaret, I don't really have much choice, when it comes to meds, I would love to be able to lay off some of the meds I'm on but I have never come across anything in alternative meds which can stem an full blown asthma attack, I too suffer from chronic back pain or did, but I've have had a medicated pain control plan for 2 years and using quite strong analgesics, which now make my life more bearable, so I think I'll carry on doing what I know works for me, but I supose it wouldn't do if we were all the same
Old 15-02-2012, 12:35   #662
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well according to todays Daily Mirror (don't always believe this as fact!) she was taking these prescription medications at time of her death...

Lorazepam - used for anxiety!

Valium - used for anxiety!

Xanax - for panic attacks!

Ibuprofen - pain killer!

Midol - Menstrual cramp treatment!

Amoxicillin - antibiotic for sore throat.

All prescription drugs + alchohol which is legal.
Quite a lot of pills there, I bet most where needed due to having abused hard drugs though.

Quote:
The E they sell these days isn't MDMA a lot of it is mixed; Ketamine, Amphetamines, other crap. Pure MDMA is cancelled by alchohol - maybe not a few sips, but heavy drinking will null it!
Again I doubt it would null it, it may at best reduce the effect, most man made drugs have additional crap in them that's not good for the user, including prescription.
Old 15-02-2012, 21:20   #663
God Member

Prefer a nice cup of tea myself...

First thing in the morning with a nice slice of toast smothered in butter -the real pleasures of life...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 08:33   #664
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Prefer a nice cup of tea myself...

First thing in the morning with a nice slice of toast smothered in butter -the real pleasures of life...
There are those who would prefer a joint mobertol
Old 16-02-2012, 12:18   #665
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There are those who would prefer a joint mobertol
So what if some people would prefer a joint.
Old 16-02-2012, 12:28   #666

I had a lamb joint last Sunday for lunch. Delicious!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 17:34   #667
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Quite a lot of pills there, I bet most where needed due to having abused hard drugs though.

Again I doubt it would null it, it may at best reduce the effect, most man made drugs have additional crap in them that's not good for the user, including prescription.

Fact is a litre of vodka, drank in one night, is probably more dangerous than 1 tablet of MDMA - street name Ecstasy! It's just that the media has reported MDMA as an evil drug and the "morons" in society believe it! OK!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 17:56   #668
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Fact is a litre of vodka, drank in one night, is probably more dangerous than 1 tablet of MDMA - street name Ecstasy! It's just that the media has reported MDMA as an evil drug and the "morons" in society believe it! OK!
Well your certainly one of the morons, but you've already proved that many times over in this thread alone
Old 16-02-2012, 18:13   #669
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I had a lamb joint last Sunday for lunch. Delicious!
Yum, tender young succulent meat!

I consider myself to be lucky - i have a good imagination, an unsullied brain and can reach ecstasy without resorting to substances of any kind.
Like a nice bit of beef myself

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 18:21   #670
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Yum, tender young succulent meat!

I consider myself to be lucky - i have a good imagination, an unsullied brain and can reach ecstasy without resorting to substances of any kind.
Like a nice bit of beef myself
Your spot on with that mobertol, well that reaching ecstacy without resorting to substances of any kind bit
Old 20-02-2012, 09:39   #671
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well your certainly one of the morons, but you've already proved that many times over in this thread alone
Ha ha ha - the point you miss mate is that alcohol is a drug! I don't see why you think it's alright for drink to be legal and not other drugs - when research suggests drink is worse for you than some of the drugs that are currently illegal!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 09:47   #672
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ha ha ha - the point you miss mate is that alcohol is a drug! I don't see why you think it's alright for drink to be legal and not other drugs - when research suggests drink is worse for you than some of the drugs that are currently illegal!
So is smoking, but I gave up when I was told too, always remembering that when I was growing up smoking was cool, I was a seven night a week drinker too, Ale only and never became hooked, now I drink very little, we saw only too well what happens when you play with drugs, you blitz your life and glittering career and end up in a box at 48
Old 21-02-2012, 20:23   #673

Quote:
we saw only too well what happens when you play with drugs, you blitz your life and glittering career and end up in a box at 48
Yeah but you can come up with some great stuff in the process while on drugs
My example alice in wonderland

I used to love this as a kid it was like watching a brand new film when someone mentioned it could have been writen on drugs
Old 21-02-2012, 21:32   #674
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Yeah but you can come up with some great stuff in the process while on drugs
My example alice in wonderland

I used to love this as a kid it was like watching a brand new film when someone mentioned it could have been writen on drugs
Based on all evidence unearthed to date, unless you count the occasional use of an over-the counter homeopathic remedy, Lewis Carroll was not a drug user.

You a recreational drug user?

Can we look forward to your posts exhibiting great flights of imagination, touched with genius?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 21:50   #675

I agree, Gary. The drug link with Alice In Wonderland book was due to the Jefferson Airplane song White Rabbit.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..