Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2013, 09:39   #121
Beacon of light

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just read that a french soldier ha sbeen stabbed in the neck in france
I rest my case.
Maybe, just maybe, if the press had not made such a feast of it, then this would not have happened.

During wartime there were news blackouts, and while I do not advocate such a response, I do think that the news media should be prohibited from glorifying the incidents....and certainly no pictures.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2013, 09:51   #122
God Member

maybe its an organised attack and theres more to come around bases around the world that have soldiers whos countries have helped in afghanistan

it is possible that people dont try slitting a soldiers throat in france just because a few pictures of it happening in the UK were published

kevin bigley got his head cut off and it was very public infact teh video of it was on youtube for the world to see but there wasnt a spree of beheadings or copycats

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:17   #123
Beacon of light

The Kevin Bigley thing was totally different. He wasn't, to my knowledge, a serving soldier.

These are soldiers on their home soil....and this must count as guerilla warfare.

Maybe this is a new phase in the terror campaign.... a different approach.
It still should not be reported in the media in the sensationalist way it has been....all the media have done the same over kill job on it...and it isn't necessary.
Old 26-05-2013, 10:24   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The Kevin Bigley thing was totally different. He wasn't, to my knowledge, a serving soldier.

These are soldiers on their home soil....and this must count as guerilla warfare.

Maybe this is a new phase in the terror campaign.... a different approach.
It still should not be reported in the media in the sensationalist way it has been....all the media have done the same over kill job on it...and it isn't necessary.
your saying advertising butchery makes other people run out and do it if advertised you didnt say only soldiers

kevin bigleys murder was very much publicised both on the internet and in the news.

they are not totally different they were both carried out in the name of allah and they were both british plus both of them were helping the people that wanted them dead in one way or another infact theres more similarities than not

its no good resting your case then changing your point to suit

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 26-05-2013, 11:36   #125
Beacon of light

I haven't changed my point to suit anything.
The French incident was a soldier on his home soil, the recent events in London were on a serving soldier.
Yes all of the atrocities, including the Kevin Bigley incident were done in the name of the muslim religion, but there the similarity ends.
And nowhere did I say that advertising butchery makes other people run out and do the same thing...so please do not put words in my mouth that I didn't say.

My comments were that other (radicalised/extremist/fanatical) muslim men would feel that this was a good way to hit targets who were not expecting it.....that they could inflict terrorism into the heart of the UK....and the media give them all the publicity that they crave.
Do not give them the oxygen of publicity.......the propaganda of their cause is nourished by it.
Old 26-05-2013, 11:46   #126
God Member

so what would you have the news do

put a complete block on these incidents so we can live in ignorance and unaware of the danger amongst us ?

At least now the world knows what filthy animals these people are and how big a threat they are.Government wont do a damn thing if people dont want change and people wont want change if they think everything is fine.

Also these animals and them like them know that we wont stand for it by all the floods of support for this soldier that are everywhere from the papers to the internet

the only people not supporting this soldier are the polititions who are busy covering their arses

Old 26-05-2013, 13:05   #127
God Member

MI5's dubious methods are being exposed

Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims - Home News - UK - The Independent

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 13:12   #128
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so what would you have the news do

put a complete block on these incidents so we can live in ignorance and unaware of the danger amongst us ?

At least now the world knows what filthy animals these people are and how big a threat they are.Government wont do a damn thing if people dont want change and people wont want change if they think everything is fine.

Also these animals and them like them know that we wont stand for it by all the floods of support for this soldier that are everywhere from the papers to the internet

the only people not supporting this soldier are the polititions who are busy covering their arses

No, Accyman. You can't have read my posts very well. I have said what I would do....and quite clearly.

There needs to be some responsibility taken by the communities that house and nurture these radical men...the universities are hotbeds of radicalisation and they also should be the targets.
Some imams encourage this radicalisation of disaffected muslim men. If the religion of Islam is really a religion of peace, then the congregations of the mosques where imams encourage terrorism should stand against them....but I won't hold my breath on that one.

The oxygen of publicity is exactly what the terrorists want. Report incidents in a clinical fashion.....no media frenzy, no pictures and once reported leave the story alone unless there is something really new that will add to the understanding.

The hardest enemy to defeat is the one which walks in our midst...think Trojan Horse, and then you will know what I mean.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-05-2013 at 13:20.
Old 26-05-2013, 17:08   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
A very good article
Do you not find it strange that the six men all work together? Could it be that they all worship at the same mosque and have been subjected to some brainwashing by one of the other attendees - a "Mad Mullah" perhaps.
How often does one newspaper get a genuine exclusive story of this magnitude - the subjects usually hawk the stories around to get the best price so other nwspapers are aware that there is a big "exclusive story" going the rounds.
Has their MP raised the subject - I think he is Labour and would therefore have gloried in being able to expose the perfidious Tory Government.
Old 26-05-2013, 17:17   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Where does it say they all work together? it says they are all community workers thats all i can see, n sod all to do wi politics, commonsense tells me if it has happened community workers are good targets.
Old 26-05-2013, 18:00   #131
God Member

another stabbing a few hundred yards from where the soldier was murdered and already authorities are running around trying to assure people the two incidents arnt related

Quote:
A man has been stabbed in Woolwich, just days after the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby.

The stabbing took place about 300 metres from the spot where flowers and cards have been left in memory of Drummer Rigby.

Police said in a statement that they were called at 15:53 to reports of a stabbing incident along Wellington Street.

"LAS (London Ambulance Service) and officers are currently on scene and dealing," the statement said.

No arrests have been made and injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
just a coincidence then i suppose

Old 26-05-2013, 18:38   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Where does it say they all work together? it says they are all community workers thats all i can see, n sod all to do wi politics, commonsense tells me if it has happened community workers are good targets.
It says they all work for Kentish Town Community Organisation and come from Camden/North London.

MI5 is certainly concentrating a lot of attention on this organisation. I wonder why?

MP- Frank Dobson, not a man to hold back but his response is quite mild.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 22:35   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It says they all work for Kentish Town Community Organisation and come from Camden/North London.

MI5 is certainly concentrating a lot of attention on this organisation. I wonder why?

MP- Frank Dobson, not a man to hold back but his response is quite mild.
You beat me to it Gordon. I didn't think it was hidden in the small print.
Old 27-05-2013, 02:23   #134

This guy talks a lot of sense. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151925108569535
And I do think it's important for them to be vocal at this time.
Studio25 likes this.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 07:53   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
For those of you who don't do facebook:

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..