Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 13:28   #181
God Member

Re: How to increase attendances?

This is one of the best ways.

Well done Marcus and all at the Club who are involved.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2014, 17:34   #182
Super Moderator

See as I say we are trying;

Along with the Trust and SDA we are getting out there.

Special mention goes to Sue at SDA, along with the locally based players.

Take a bow Piero, Lidds, Jay Gray and Marcus C. The other lads do assist but it's a challlenge when you live a long away from the town..
cashman, Revived Red and smobile like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 17:50   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
See as I say we are trying..
Never doubted it, Mr.T.
Keep up the good work.
I'm sure every Stanley-ite appreciates your and the others' efforts, even though it may sometimes appear that some folks find it hard to say it.
Old 02-04-2014, 17:55   #184
Super Moderator

Thank you very much.

I'll let the others in the office plus SDA know
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 18:04   #185

Have a look at Accrington Stanley Community Trust - Homepage to get lots
of news about how the Trust get involved with the community.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 19:56   #186
Senior Member+

It was also good to see Marcus helping in the shop recently. Well he was in there behind the counter - and I think he was helping!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 19:58   #187
Senior Member+

School visits are ALWAYS a good way to help promote the club.

When I was at school, even having retired Rovers players for an hour or two always promoted the club in a positive light.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 21:12   #188
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
School visits are ALWAYS a good way to help promote the club.

When I was at school, even having retired Rovers players for an hour or two always promoted the club in a positive light.
Did it make you realise you had to get an education or you end up playing for them ?
Old 02-04-2014, 21:13   #189
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
It was also good to see Marcus helping in the shop recently. Well he was in there behind the counter - and I think he was helping!
I could tell you what his reply was to the till training, but I'd get banned for foul language
Old 03-04-2014, 15:39   #190

In defense of the council, they have just had (and are still having) huge cuts to the amount of funding they receive from central government. They are making cuts to essential services to balance the books. So as much as it would be nice to have some kind of joint project with them, if it involves spending money I doubt very much they'd be able to help out.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 16:37   #191
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
In defense of the council, they have just had (and are still having) huge cuts to the amount of funding they receive from central government. They are making cuts to essential services to balance the books. So as much as it would be nice to have some kind of joint project with them, if it involves spending money I doubt very much they'd be able to help out.
True, but whats the defense before they had the cuts?
Old 03-04-2014, 18:01   #192
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
True, but whats the defense before they had the cuts?
I suspect it might be "If only 2500 residents are interested in supporting Stanley, the rest won't like us spending council taxes for their benefit"?

On Stanley On !!
Old 03-04-2014, 18:09   #193
God Member

Given the low turn out at most municipal elections, I'd have thought that the average crowd at Stanley could easily swing things towards any politician or party that promised to restore positive relations with the town's club. I'm not part of the local electorate but, if I was and there was an election coming up, I'd be writing to the leader of each main party, including the independents, to ask what they intended to do to support Stanley. And I'd let everyone on here know who bothered to reply and who didn't. Maybe something for the OSC to think about?
Old 03-04-2014, 19:16   #194
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Given the low turn out at most municipal elections, I'd have thought that the average crowd at Stanley could easily swing things towards any politician or party that promised to restore positive relations with the town's club. I'm not part of the local electorate but, if I was and there was an election coming up, I'd be writing to the leader of each main party, including the independents, to ask what they intended to do to support Stanley. And I'd let everyone on here know who bothered to reply and who didn't. Maybe something for the OSC to think about?
Neither am I part of the electorate, but what a great call! Also could the club arrange visits of prospective candidates to put their cases (and the club's case) across?
Old 03-04-2014, 20:06   #195
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Neither am I part of the electorate, but what a great call! Also could the club arrange visits of prospective candidates to put their cases (and the club's case) across?

If it's any consolation, any other business in town and residents who pay council tax also get ignored
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..