Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2014, 20:55   #151
Senior Member+

Re: How to increase attendances?

i tell you what mr.t

why dont the club include in the programme a simple process outlining how fans can raise any concerns about stewards in confidence?

that would be a good start
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2014, 21:03   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
I have a feeling that ASFC don't pay any rent to Hyndburn Council
Quote:
It was over 7 years ago i was told that they did not pay any rent. end of conversation ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I thought Ianray had clarified his comments?
Quote:
Today at 10/59am Mr T said and i quote 7 years ago there may have been sponsorship deals in place to "off set " RENT paid i take "off set " to mean " in place of " RENT paid or better still in lieu of RENT paid ' I hope that makes it clearer
MrT said may have been offset, YOU never said that ianray, YOU said as the first comment quoted. Davo once again demonstrates me signature is very accurate.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 30-03-2014, 21:04   #153
Super Moderator

Although it may seem petty, I think it's important that wildly inaccurate comments like, "I have a feeling that ASFC don't pay any rent to Hyndburn Council" are challenged, as it give an incorrect impression of the club's financial commitments.
cashman likes this.
Old 30-03-2014, 21:06   #154
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Although it may seem petty, I think it's important that wildly inaccurate comments like, "I have a feeling that ASFC don't pay any rent to Hyndburn Council" are challenged, as it give an incorrect impression of the club's financial commitments.
Pity Davos too thick to grasp that fact.
Old 30-03-2014, 21:57   #155
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

As maybe a one off or indeed a 3 off why not charge a flat rate of £5 for the remaining 3 home games i reccon 1 more win will make stanley safe and with Northampton being our next visiters lets put some more space between us
Greeny likes this.
Old 30-03-2014, 22:00   #156
Senior Member+

cashman
i stand correct, you are right again*

ianray
you owe cashman an apology
Chubbyman likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 22:45   #157
Senior Member+

Quote:
Today at 10/59am Mr T said and i quote 7 years ago there may have been sponsorship deals in place to "off set " RENT paid i take "off set " to mean " in place of " RENT paid or better still in lieu of RENT paid ' I hope that makes it clearer
Re-education ???
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 22:50   #158
God Member

On the issue of stewards, I don't attend enough home games to pass a strong opinion but I've never found them a problem at Stanley. In fact, with one notable exception, I've never found stewards much of a problem at League 2 games. Certainly Wycombe's stewards are excellent, as are those at Dagenham and Wimbledon. Pompey's were a good laugh too. Talk to them, and they are generally fine.
I'm too old to go to a game to bait pubescent fans from the other team, or expend what energy I've got swearing at anyone else (other than the odd person on the pitch wearing black), so maybe I don't see stewards as infringing my enjoyment of the game.
The one exception was a couple of seasons ago at the last match at Cheltenham. After which I emailed that club directly to complain about the stewards' contribution to an unnecessary fracas over a banner. I'm in no way suggesting the two things were directly linked, but this season's performance from Cheltenham's stewards was much improved.
So, if someone has a specific issue about a particular incident or a particular steward, I don't see why they should need permission from the club to make an 'in confidence' complaint. But make sure you get your facts right.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 07:01   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Pity Davos too thick to grasp that fact.
Thats very insulting and you should know better
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 07:02   #160
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
i tell you what mr.t

why dont the club include in the programme a simple process outlining how fans can raise any concerns about stewards in confidence?

that would be a good start
Fantastic idea; will get Dan on the case, as we have promised the FA to pass on more information to supporters as well.

Two main ways:

If it's general customer services type issues, the SLO can be contacted via [email protected] if its more safety/stewarding please use [email protected].
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 07:06   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Re-education ???
?????
Old 31-03-2014, 07:14   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
?????????????
Old 31-03-2014, 07:15   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Thats very insulting and you should know better
Oh i agree, though not as insulting as failing to hold yer hand up.
Old 31-03-2014, 07:20   #164

END OF CONVERSATION (2) and i'll make you all happy and stay off this site as its very plain for everyone to see it's just for the few. new comers arn't welcome, and i've got to go to work .

Last edited by ianray; 31-03-2014 at 07:27. Reason: addition
Old 31-03-2014, 07:37   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Fantastic idea; will get Dan on the case, as we have promised the FA to pass on more information to supporters as well.
I would hope that this will be in general terms asking for suggestions about how the club might improve people's match-day experience rather than specifically telling folks how they can complain about stewards, who seem be be getting a bit of a rough time from some on here, although the odd smiles from them wouldn't go amiss.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..