Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2014, 07:11   #121

Re: How to increase attendances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The problem wi the crown ground is simple, We don't own it, the sodding council do. the same council that do sod all fer the club in real terms, apart from trying to screw more rent from the club.
I have a feeling that ASFC don't pay any rent to Hyndburn Council
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2014, 07:27   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
Tell us where this strange feeling comes from.The last time I spoke to Peter Marsden it seems the Council are only interested in what revenue they can extract from the club and are always looking at ways they can actually increase the revenue......we await your response with baited breath.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 07:42   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Tell us where this strange feeling comes from.The last time I spoke to Peter Marsden it seems the Council are only interested in what revenue they can extract from the club and are always looking at ways they can actually increase the revenue......we await your response with baited breath.
From a local councillor
Old 30-03-2014, 07:54   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
From a local councillor
Well ian i reckon whoever told yeh that is telling porkies, I will ask the councillor that stands near me up the crown. A guy i have known all me life.
Old 30-03-2014, 08:04   #125
Super Moderator

Peter Marsden has been doing a lot of positive work in the background with regards to the lease and rent paid to HBC.

I'll check with him when he's ready to release information but I can 100% confirm Accrington Stanley paid rent and council tax to Hyndburn Council.

I'll re-read some of this thread later today and try to repond to the many questions/points being raised.
cashman likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 08:46   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Peter Marsden has been doing a lot of positive work in the background with regards to the lease and rent paid to HBC.

I'll check with him when he's ready to release information but I can 100% confirm Accrington Stanley paid rent and council tax to Hyndburn Council.

I'll re-read some of this thread later today and try to repond to the many questions/points being raised.
It was over 7 years ago i was told that they did not pay any rent. end of conversation ,
Old 30-03-2014, 08:48   #127
God Member

Quote:
From a local councillor
Think hard about who you vote for next time you get the chance!
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 09:36   #128
God Member

At the end of the day for the Borough to have one of only Seventy Two Football League Clubs should be a massive plus.

At the same time we have not had an illustrious history of working alongside them but no reason why it can't work for both and become the "Jewel in the Crown".
carpon and ianray like this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 30-03-2014 at 09:40.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 09:59   #129
Super Moderator

Quote:
It was over 7 years ago i was told that they did not pay any rent. end of conversation ,
Sorry sir I've seen the lease signed by John Alty and we've always paid rent. 7 years ago there may have been sponorship deals in place to "off-set" rent paid but not any more.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 10:59   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The problem wi the crown ground is simple, We don't own it, the sodding council do. the same council that do sod all fer the club in real terms, apart from trying to screw more rent from the club.
Quote:
Quote:
From a local councillor
Quote:
End of conversation? yeh really are a strange un, You were the one that responded to me comment!!! we were just having a discussion about the rental situation, I have a 6 yr old grandaughter that aint as childish.
Old 30-03-2014, 13:59   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
it's easy to end the conversation when your talking out of the wrong hole!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 14:45   #132
God Member

last I heard the rent was something nominal (£300n ish?) signed up on a very long lease. Dunno about council tax though
Old 30-03-2014, 15:25   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
last I heard the rent was something nominal (£300n ish?) signed up on a very long lease. Dunno about council tax though
It wouldn't be Council Tax it would be non domestic rates as it's a business property. There seems to be a big increase in the rateble value in the 2010 revaluation compared to the 2005 one
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 16:45   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Sorry sir I've seen the lease signed by John Alty and we've always paid rent. 7 years ago there may have been sponorship deals in place to "off-set" rent paid but not any more.
Thank you Mr T i knew i was right i hope i get some apologies from my very dear friends on here. The main thing is we are all in it together and lets hope we win every game and we will be in the play offs

Last edited by ianray; 30-03-2014 at 16:49.
Old 30-03-2014, 16:48   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its you that should apologize for " End of conversation " Which was a childish way to discuss.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..