Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 16:01   #256
Resting in Peace

Re: Have your say

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good news for a change, and a step in the right direction;

999 ambulances to return to Burnley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Totally agree dave, now all they have to do i hold their hands up about closing major wards at Burnley General, and sanity will again reign
Old 01-12-2008, 16:39   #257
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
What I've said is I can see why it was done, and there is a fine balance between saving money to cure more patients and longer journeys to A&E. There is not an unlimited pot of money in the NHS budget. If more lives can be saved by allocating money differently, I am not against that in the slightest.
so answer the question! do you think this merger is proving successful? sorry if its too difficult.
Old 01-12-2008, 19:58   #258
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Good news for a change, and a step in the right direction;

999 ambulances to return to Burnley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Not before time
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31   #259
Resting in Peace

Just though I'd drag this thread back up again. It appears that the Hospital trust has now held its hands up and admitted it was wrong to close the Accident and Emergency department at Burnley General. Evidently there was a public meeting over the week were it was said the the decision was being reversed and the Chairman is now in the throws of recruiting doctors and nurses to reopen this department. at last common sense has prevailed
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38   #260
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so answer the question! do you think this merger is proving successful? sorry if its too difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just though I'd drag this thread back up again. It appears that the Hospital trust has now held its hands up and admitted it was wrong to close the Accident and Emergency department at Burnley General. Evidently there was a public meeting over the week were it was said the the decision was being reversed and the Chairman is now in the throws of recruiting doctors and nurses to reopen this department. at last common sense has prevailed
good shame our prospective M.P. aint found time to comment.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36   #261
Resting in Peace

Quote:
good shame our prospective M.P. aint found time to comment.
Ya cashy we wuz right all along
Old 10-03-2009, 07:18   #262
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Here is the link to the story from the meeting..
Two East Lancashire A&Es? No chance, says health chief (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Sorry, but nowhere does it say that the decision is being reversed, quite the opposite in fact...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53   #263
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Here is the link to the story from the meeting..
Two East Lancashire A&Es? No chance, says health chief (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Sorry, but nowhere does it say that the decision is being reversed, quite the opposite in fact...
I saw the whole item on the local news last night lettie, it was entirely different than the piece they showed on Breakfast TV in the morning, where the Chairman actually apologised and said that the scheme had not been thought through properly and that she promised to put it right, and was in the throws of recruiting more doctors and nurses. The problem is that more doctors and nurses isn't the answer, where are they going to work in a tent in the car park. Over the last 8 months I've been treated in the A & E at the Royal and the place was full to the gunnel's so unless they are going to extend the A & E unit more doctors and nurses aren't going to make a blind bit of difference
Old 10-03-2009, 09:22   #264
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I saw the whole item on the local news last night lettie, it was entirely different than the piece they showed on Breakfast TV in the morning, where the Chairman actually apologised and said that the scheme had not been thought through properly and that she promised to put it right, and was in the throws of recruiting more doctors and nurses. The problem is that more doctors and nurses isn't the answer, where are they going to work in a tent in the car park. Over the last 8 months I've been treated in the A & E at the Royal and the place was full to the gunnel's so unless they are going to extend the A & E unit more doctors and nurses aren't going to make a blind bit of difference
unless it was a bank,then its debateable, the chairman in any other organisation would/should have to step down fer this almighty cock-up.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:41   #265
Resting in Peace

Quote:
unless it was a bank,then its debateable, the chairman in any other organisation would/should have to step down fer this almighty cock-up.
Well I know that cashy and you know that, but she's more likely to be made a dame in the Queens birthday honours list, failure is well rewarded in this day and age
Old 10-03-2009, 14:12   #266
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well I know that cashy and you know that, but she's more likely to be made a dame in the Queens birthday honours list, failure is well rewarded in this day and age
especially if yer a B(W)anker.
Old 10-03-2009, 16:11   #267
Resting in Peace

Quote:
especially if yer a B(W)anker.
As one young scouser once said exactly

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..