Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2008, 10:04   #241
Resting in Peace

Re: Have your say

A couple of points for me, my daughter always took me to my hospital appointments, but she changed job and couldn't do it anymore so I now use the patient transport system, which to me is first class the number is
0845 053 9078. As for the staffing levels between Burnley and Blackburn; when I was in recently I was on a ward staff predominantly by people from Burnley with just few locals thrown in, and there was just a little tension, which was noticeable, it seemed like us and them, but in no way did this affect the patient care in any way, mind you it didn't go down well when I called an Oggy Dingle
Old 18-11-2008, 22:03   #242
God Member

Just gets better, they have now closed a gynae ward and theatre and are going to use it to try and ease the emergency situation. Not only are gynae operations being cancelled but they are being transferred to a potakabin like structure at Burnley till the new unit is ready there in 2010. An unmitigated disaster this is turning out to be IMHO
Old 18-11-2008, 22:13   #243
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Just gets better, they have now closed a gynae ward and theatre and are going to use it to try and ease the emergency situation. Not only are gynae operations being cancelled but they are being transferred to a potakabin like structure at Burnley till the new unit is ready there in 2010. An unmitigated disaster this is turning out to be IMHO
yeh read the telegraph, as well as disaster, this is a gross insult to women, in my book.
Old 18-11-2008, 22:26   #244
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh read the telegraph, as well as disaster, this is a gross insult to women, in my book.
Yes I agree. The fact is this move was supposed to avoid all these cancellations and it is just getting worse. Is it so hard for them to admit things aren't working? Whilst the operations that have been cancelled are not urgent you can bet the ladies have been on the waiting list a fair while. I just find the idea of a potakabin totally unsatisfactory as a ward
Old 18-11-2008, 22:29   #245
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well i was in one of those late 60s bernie, when i worked fer McAlpines.
Old 18-11-2008, 22:39   #246
God Member

Quote:
well i was in one of those late 60s bernie, when i worked fer McAlpines.
Says it all really, it is a joke
Old 18-11-2008, 23:06   #247
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Says it all really, it is a joke
where are the defenders of this mess? they never seem to post any bad news.
Old 18-11-2008, 23:58   #248
God Member

Quote:
where are the defenders of this mess? they never seem to post any bad news.
I await their replies with baited breath Just hope and pray they are never caught up in the shambles that according to the powers that be is a way forward for patients
Old 19-11-2008, 09:14   #249
Resting in Peace

The whole point is that most of the people making the decisions are not clinicians, to me anything that affects patient care should me made by people with the appropriate medical background. All to often now decisions are being made in the NHS by people who are selling baked beans to supper market managers one week, then the week after making crucial decisions affecting patient care, a recipe for disaster. Its no use people commenting on these things unless they have been at the sharp end, and believe me only two months ago I was at the sharp end, and saw for myself the the stupidity of it all. I have said in earlier posts that the ward I was on was staffed by staff from Burnley, The ward they came from was a state of the art ward (the sisters words not mine) which had been closed and the staff moved to the Royal. They are now working in a ward which had been closed for refurbishment, but was reopened without as much as a lick of paint because they'd run out of money. It was a total balls up, I was eating my meals on my bed because there were no bedside tables, no water jugs, the lockers were from the arc or again in the words of the sister a s*** tip
Old 19-11-2008, 12:30   #250
Resting in Peace

Quote;All to often now decisions are being made in the NHS by people who are selling baked beans to supper market managers one week, then the week after making crucial decisions affecting patient care, a recipe for disaster.

Yes I can see a problem there,especially if the decisions are dietary.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 13:03   #251
God Member

Quote:
I await their replies with baited breath Just hope and pray they are never caught up in the shambles that according to the powers that be is a way forward for patients
I've already been caught up in the NHS, or the failings of it. Having the feeling of having nobody to turn to when the NHS fails is horrible.

The problems in the NHS go far deeper than the merger of the A&E Unit.
Old 19-11-2008, 13:49   #252
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I've already been caught up in the NHS, or the failings of it. Having the feeling of having nobody to turn to when the NHS fails is horrible.

The problems in the NHS go far deeper than the merger of the A&E Unit.
But you said before that you didn't think it was a bad move. Do you concede that the whole idea was badly thought out and is in fact detrimental to patients getting treatment?
Old 01-12-2008, 14:08   #253
God Member

Good news for a change, and a step in the right direction;

999 ambulances to return to Burnley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 01-12-2008, 14:20   #254
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
But you said before that you didn't think it was a bad move. Do you concede that the whole idea was badly thought out and is in fact detrimental to patients getting treatment?
well hes had long enough to answer yer question.
Old 01-12-2008, 15:00   #255
God Member

Quote:
What I've said is I can see why it was done, and there is a fine balance between saving money to cure more patients and longer journeys to A&E. There is not an unlimited pot of money in the NHS budget. If more lives can be saved by allocating money differently, I am not against that in the slightest.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..