Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2008, 16:36   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Have your say

This was another side to it :-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...n_to_patients/

I just think is it wrong to sign a petition to reverse this new system without knowing any facts. Not on either 'side' except the patient, neither is Andrew, but nobody appears to recognise that.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2008, 18:50   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
This was another side to it :-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...n_to_patients/

I just think is it wrong to sign a petition to reverse this new system without knowing any facts. Not on either 'side' except the patient, neither is Andrew, but nobody appears to recognise that.
you will get a damn site better idea if ya talk to the medical staff involved, and not on either side to me is a pathetic cop out, only 1 side fer any clear thinking person - the PATIENT. also are you n boy wonder aware that the staff HAVE been warned not to divulge ANY information to the public about this matter? that fact may not bother some,but it sure as hell bothers me.
Old 28-07-2008, 22:06   #108
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Have your say

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you will get a damn site better idea if ya talk to the medical staff involved, and not on either side to me is a pathetic cop out, only 1 side fer any clear thinking person - the PATIENT. also are you n boy wonder aware that the staff HAVE been warned not to divulge ANY information to the public about this matter? that fact may not bother some,but it sure as hell bothers me.
Warning staff not to talk about this matter publicly is a sure sign that there is something to hide.
Old 29-07-2008, 00:56   #109
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
also are you n boy wonder aware that the staff HAVE been warned not to divulge ANY information to the public about this matter? that fact may not bother some,but it sure as hell bothers me.

People are being paid to monitor what people employed in the N.H.S. say in the public domain, and that includes this, as well as other, local site.

Discipline procedures are used against anyone divulging information that may be damaging.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, this is sadly fact.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 01:41   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
People are being paid to monitor what people employed in the N.H.S. say in the public domain, and that includes this, as well as other, local site.

Discipline procedures are used against anyone divulging information that may be damaging.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, this is sadly fact.
don't i know it, its a pity some are to blinkered to see.
Old 29-07-2008, 09:40   #111
Resting in Peace

I think that the perception tends to be more focussed when your the patient in need of emergency care. As some one who has been admitted to hospital on a three nines call on more occasions than I care to remember, once ending up in ICU, you begin to think that a trip from Ossy to Burnley as opposed to Ossy to Blackburn is rather scary to say the least. But isn't this what is happening, this centralisation with everything aimed mainly at saving money than thinking about the consumer, and if we loose a couple of bodies on the way, well its collateral damage, so long as that damage doesn't happen to be a pen pusher or a close relative, thats fine. Didn't we have the same with the fire service not long ago, burn baby burn, so long as its not my baby thats burning, the all system sucks
Old 29-07-2008, 09:44   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i know that mate, you know it, sod all to wi politics its just crazy n some have not got the nouce to see it. - they need more info- which only the number crunchers can provide, cos the STAFF aint allowed.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:44   #113
God Member

It seems that little or no thought has gone into the patients needs when this was set up. If the service had been improved the we would be inundated with facts and figures telling us about it.
It is all good and well saying that not many notes were not available but the figure should be nil. As for cleanliness how can they tell us it is top notch when members are telling us different??
Was any thought given into the problem for visitors having to travel from Burnley?? I think not, it is bad enough for local people to get there on public transport must be a nightmare trying to get there from Burnley. All these things should have been considered before a decision was taken!!!
Old 29-07-2008, 12:50   #114
God Member

There are signs that the suit brigade are softening up a little, because I read recently that they are to build smoking shelters in the grounds for patients and visitors.
At last they realise that a total ban within their boundary is not being observed and is not enforceable.
I hope that this is a sign that they are now more aware of human needs

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 13:14   #115
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was any thought given into the problem for visitors having to travel from Burnley?? I think not, it is bad enough for local people to get there on public transport must be a nightmare trying to get there from Burnley. All these things should have been considered before a decision was taken!!!
What about this Bernie ? :-

Shuttle Bus Service Between Blackburn and Burnley Hospitals

Course you would have to go to Burnley Hospital first, but would have done anyway.
Old 29-07-2008, 13:22   #116
God Member

Quote:
What about this Bernie ? :-

Shuttle Bus Service Between Blackburn and Burnley Hospitals

Course you would have to go to Burnley Hospital first, but would have done anyway.
Yes have seen that at Royal Blackburn but the trouble is you have to get up there first and believe me if you don't drive not an easy task. The only direct bus from Acrrington that I know of is every two hours for a short time during the day, hardly a great system
Old 03-08-2008, 09:18   #117
Resting in Peace

Just seen this onpage 164 on Ceefax. A man was stabbed in Blackpool in the early hours this morning, he was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital where his condition was descrbed as serious Blackpool to Blackburn, whats going on
Old 03-08-2008, 09:43   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just seen this onpage 164 on Ceefax. A man was stabbed in Blackpool in the early hours this morning, he was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital where his condition was descrbed as serious Blackpool to Blackburn, whats going on
i read that also, as others have said though, not enough facts on that basis it dont matter
Old 03-08-2008, 10:30   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post

Is it this Jaysay ? which was Saturday morning ... seems to be conflicting information:-

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Man stabbed in chest during row

Unless he was moved later to Blackburn ?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Is it this Jaysay ? which was Saturday morning ... seems to be conflicting information:-

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Man stabbed in chest during row

Unless he was moved later to Blackburn ?
Looks like the same storey kate, but I double checked and it did say the Royal Blackburn hospital, could be another case of sloppy journalism supose, but this is the BBC and not the Star, Sun, or Mail

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..