Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2008, 09:23   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Have your say

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Some things just cant be helped. I imagine that was one of those times. Money cant buy miracles. NHS turns away cancer patients that can be helped just because treatment costs too much. I am sure NHS turns away far more curable patients than Bupa.
Here again we have blazey imparting her vast lifetime experience on use mere mortals, if only I'd have known 40 odd years ago that by going to University, I could have crammed a lifetime of experience into 3 or 4 years, i'd have jumped at it, silly me for missing out
Old 22-07-2008, 09:26   #77
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Here again we have blazey imparting her vast lifetime experience on use mere mortals, if only I'd have known 40 odd years ago that by going to University, I could have crammed a lifetime of experience into 3 or 4 years, i'd have jumped at it, silly me for missing out

Leave her alone.

She's only showing the face of the new, caring Conservatives.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 09:35   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Leave her alone.

She's only showing the face of the new, caring Conservatives.
I've always thought myself as a caring Conservative, but I don't speak the same lingo as blazey
Old 22-07-2008, 16:21   #79
God Member

Just because you are older than me doesn't mean you know better. As for me being at University, what has that got to do with anything?

I do not study the NHS or Bupa, I am just observing just like anyone else. Please stop bringing up the fact that I am at university, it is irrelevant and doesn't really make much difference to my view point. In fact, it matters to me that the NHS is effective because it is my source of healthcare, but unfortunately there are financial issues that need to be taken into account and that is why changes are being made.

I get the feeling that it shouldn't be me who is in favour of change, but unfortunately we have a government that doesn't seem to be able to budget properly and so many changes will have to be made to right the wrongs.

I find it offensive that my education is brought up in every single thread. I don't bring up your careers an stereotype you for them, so please do not bring up mine.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 17:03   #80
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I find it offensive that my education is brought up in every single thread. I don't bring up your careers an stereotype you for them, so please do not bring up mine.
To the best of my knowledge the Accy Web mafia didn't hire a private detective to illicit this information.

You yourself mentioned the fact that you're a student...on more than one occasion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 17:03   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just because you are older than me doesn't mean you know better. As for me being at University, what has that got to do with anything?

I do not study the NHS or Bupa, I am just observing just like anyone else. Please stop bringing up the fact that I am at university, it is irrelevant and doesn't really make much difference to my view point. In fact, it matters to me that the NHS is effective because it is my source of healthcare, but unfortunately there are financial issues that need to be taken into account and that is why changes are being made.

I get the feeling that it shouldn't be me who is in favour of change, but unfortunately we have a government that doesn't seem to be able to budget properly and so many changes will have to be made to right the wrongs.

Well at least I can agree with you on Government Financial mismanagement, to a point. My all point is that the sooner the government buts out and allows clinicians to make the decisions on the NHS the better things will run. The NHS should not be based on keeping to targets, but on the clinical needs of the patient, nor should it be run by pen pushers with no clincal knowedge and no medical background, only then will we see the health service doing what it does best, heal te sick
Old 22-07-2008, 17:11   #82
God Member

I signed the petition and I personally feel that there should be A&E in each town plus ICU in each town.

However, I fully respect Andrew on this one for wanting more information before voting and I think some of you have been a bit harsh on him. Truth is that we DON'T know whether having just the one has lost or saved lives - we're just going on gut instinct which doesn't necessarily mean that it's right.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 18:03   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
To the best of my knowledge the Accy Web mafia didn't hire a private detective to illicit this information.

You yourself mentioned the fact that you're a student...on more than one occasion.
thats it. i'm a student at uni when it suits, don't mention it when it don't. sad really.
Old 23-07-2008, 12:20   #84
God Member

Would be nice to get some feed back as to whether things have improved on the minor operations side of things. Wasn't one of the aims to reduce waiting times for minor ops by not having emergencies at Burnley?? Wonder if the changes have had any effect.
Old 23-07-2008, 15:05   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Would be nice to get some feed back as to whether things have improved on the minor operations side of things. Wasn't one of the aims to reduce waiting times for minor ops by not having emergencies at Burnley?? Wonder if the changes have had any effect.
fer what its worth,i got a minor comin up at burnley next month, so will tell ya.
Old 23-07-2008, 20:37   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer what its worth,i got a minor comin up at burnley next month, so will tell ya.
How long have you been waiting for a slot for the op??
Old 23-07-2008, 21:29   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
How long have you been waiting for a slot for the op??
about 10 days bernie up to now.
Old 23-07-2008, 21:34   #88
God Member

Quote:
Had a minor op at Primary Care Centre at Queens Park by my own doctor.
Can't complain........Doctor Andrews from Darwen Health Centre.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 21:35   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
about 10 days bernie up to now.
So it seems that minor ops are being done quicker which was one of the aims
Old 23-07-2008, 21:47   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So it seems that minor ops are being done quicker which was one of the aims
nah thats a con, had me last one done at "Peel House" n its the same operation, there it was done within 2 weeks of seeing me doc, the new all singing, dancing health centre dont do em, so i have 6/7 weeks to wait. they can demonstrate owt with figures n cyfr will believe em.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..