Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2008, 22:32   #46
God Member

Re: Have your say

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Absolute rubbish, couldn't be further from the truth. It is this present Labour government that made the changes.
Andrew...for god sake get your mind in gear....this is nothing to do with politics...this is what people expect of the local services.
I have been in the back of an ambulance with a blue light and I am here today to tell the tale.
I defend you in a lot of cases but in this case pull your horns in and listen or take notice of what people have to say.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2008, 22:34   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Andrew...for god sake get your mind in gear....this is nothing to do with politics...this is what people expect of the local services.
I have been in the back of an ambulance with a blue light and I am here today to tell the tale.
I defend you in a lot of cases but in this case pull your horns in and listen or take notice of what people have to say.
Well said Roy, was going to post something similar, just not as diplomatic
Old 20-07-2008, 22:40   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
hes incapable.
Old 20-07-2008, 23:22   #49
God Member

Quote:
I'd avoided it until cashman decided to. Perhaps I misunderstood him.

Last edited by andrewb; 20-07-2008 at 23:24.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 23:29   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I'd avoided it until cashman decided to. Perhaps I misunderstood him.
typical,if the queen has a baby! BLAME CASHY, was refering to cameron, not someone who will never make it.
Old 20-07-2008, 23:34   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
right then WHY is this better than retaining the two? if its not further from the truth TELL IT?
I am not saying it is better. I personally went to our MP and lobbied him on behalf of Unison over these issues.

Now that the change has gone ahead I think we should be looking to see if the money that was promised to focus on better equipment, but a hospital further away, delivers a better or worse performance.
Old 20-07-2008, 23:40   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I am not saying it is better. I personally went to our MP and lobbied him on behalf of Unison over these issues.

Now that the change has gone ahead I think we should be looking to see if the money that was promised to focus on better equipment, but a hospital further away, delivers a better or worse performance.
ok fine, how many deaths will it take to convince you?
Old 20-07-2008, 23:43   #53
God Member

Quote:
ok fine, how many deaths will it take to convince you?
No life is worth losing, that's why we should be looking at which option saves the most lives. Common sense dictates having an A&E in Burnley would save more, but I have not taken the improvements in ambulances and services at Blackburn into account. Therefore I'd like more information before deciding.

Last edited by andrewb; 20-07-2008 at 23:46.
Old 20-07-2008, 23:45   #54
Loz

Quote:
No life is worth losing, that's why we should be looking at which option saves the most lives.
Surely having hospitals closer by would save more lives in the long run?
It's bad enough if you encouter traffic problems going to a local hospital never mind one miles and miles away.
Old 20-07-2008, 23:52   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Surely having hospitals closer by would save more lives in the long run?
It's bad enough if you encouter traffic problems going to a local hospital never mind one miles and miles away.
its a knocking bet loz,some poor ****** will kop it, whilst people are making their minds up, then they will say bad idea,but it wasn't mine.
Old 21-07-2008, 00:39   #56
God Member

Quote:
its a knocking bet loz,some poor ****** will kop it, whilst people are making their minds up, then they will say bad idea,but it wasn't mine.
Indeed I agreed with you when I lobbied Greg on behalf of Unison. Jack Straw, Kitty Ussher were also among the MP's lobbied.

Now that we have more information because the changes have gone ahead anyway, the sensible part of me says we should look at the further arguments before coming to the same conclusion. Keeping it as it is could be an improvement, or it could be the opposite. I'd rather know which before deciding without facts.
Old 21-07-2008, 00:50   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Indeed I agreed with you when I lobbied Greg on behalf of Unison. Jack Straw, Kitty Ussher were also among the MP's lobbied.

Now that we have more information because the changes have gone ahead anyway, the sensible part of me says we should look at the further arguments before coming to the same conclusion. Keeping it as it is could be an improvement, or it could be the opposite. I'd rather know which before deciding without facts.
like i said before how many deaths to convince you? i have done my share of lobbying way back, but only on summat i believed passionatley in, just because "changes have gone ahead anyway" to use your words, that fact does not alter, n i always had the guts to stick with my position in anything i thought serious enough.
Old 21-07-2008, 01:59   #58
God Member

If more information was available, I would hope you looked at it. I don't intend to blindly follow my original thoughts without looking at the new information, which might well say more lives are being saved with better equipment. There is no shame in admitting you're wrong if additional evidence comes to light which changes your mind. Something I think a lot of MP's need to learn.

Last edited by andrewb; 21-07-2008 at 02:01.
Old 21-07-2008, 06:57   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well i would not be ashamed if new information came to light saying someone had died through this, if i had changed my mind, i would be DEVASTATED. but then i'm more fer people than figures.
Old 21-07-2008, 07:07   #60
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I can't believe that this thread has taken off again, and from my original choices on the voting form which we all received, I am dead against the idea of splitting services.

I don't work in A&E, so have no idea of their statistics. All I know is, you can't have an A&E without an Intensive Care Unit. This would mean having to transfer critically ill patients from Burnley A&E to Blackburn ICU if Burnley's A&E was re opened.

The changes were part of the Government's plan to regionalise healthcare, so I believe that the voting form which we were all sent was a waste of time filling in, it was a foregone conclusion. The local PCTs organised the voting, they also wanted to regionalise the care. Any petitions should be lobbying the local PCTs as well as Government.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..