Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 10:40   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: Have your say

Think he is stable now anyway ... must have been one hell of a domestic row ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2008, 11:02   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think he is stable now anyway ... must have been one hell of a domestic row ...
Domestic row kate hell and I thought I had some humdiggers with my exes
Old 03-08-2008, 11:07   #123
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Domestic row kate hell and I thought I had some humdiggers with my exes
LOL .. well, reads like that in other reports ... think I may be being presumptuous though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:11   #124
God Member

I've spoken to several NHS staff about the merger of Burnley and Blackburn. The first and main thing mentioned in all cases was the organisational problems. Staff don't like travelling further to work, and some doctors are responsible for patients in both Burnley and Blackburn. They get letters from consultants they don't know because they're spread over the two hospitals.

I queried about blue light situations involving ambulances travelling further. There are new ambulances with better trained paramedics on board, capable of dealing with critical patients much more effectively than your standard ambulance. They were quick to remind me that the first few minutes are incredibly important, so having that vital knowledge and equipment on board will save lives.

From what I have gathered the overwhelming problem is silly organisation. People who worked in Burnley moved to Blackburn, and people working in Blackburn moved to Burnley. Doctors should be at one site not spread over two.

It is quite clear that we need less top down control over our health service. More consultation with staff is required to sort out these organisational issues. That however, involves staff actually going to the management, with or without a Union representative, and airing their views.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:39   #125
God Member

I think feed back from patients is a good way to go in this case. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to print questionaires which would give the patient the oppurtunity to comment on all aspects of their care. I don't think it is acceptable that cleanliness is being neglected, patients are kept waiting for bed pans and are discharged from a ward to be kept waiting in the ambulance lounge for medication that they need.
I also feel that staff are making their feeloings known only for their concerns to be ignored. I don't think the doctor who went to the press with his concerns did so lightly. It is time management started listening to the people who know what is happening
Old 03-08-2008, 11:45   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I think feed back from patients is a good way to go in this case. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to print questionaires which would give the patient the oppurtunity to comment on all aspects of their care. I don't think it is acceptable that cleanliness is being neglected, patients are kept waiting for bed pans and are discharged from a ward to be kept waiting in the ambulance lounge for medication that they need.
I also feel that staff are making their feeloings known only for their concerns to be ignored. I don't think the doctor who went to the press with his concerns did so lightly. It is time management started listening to the people who know what is happening
No excuse for it but hospital cleaning was bad before the merger.

The doctor should have gone to management or their trade union representative. Then if they refused to take their opinions on board they should have gone to the paper. I agree though, they should listen more.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49   #127
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
No excuse for it but hospital cleaning was bad before the merger.

The doctor should have gone to management or their trade union representative. Then if they refused to take their opinions on board they should have gone to the paper.
Got to say that when Ian was in Blackburn Royal before the merger the ward was spotless.

As for the doctor, do we know that he didn't complain to management? Would imagine going to the press and putting his job on the line would be a last resort to try and get things improved!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55   #128
God Member

Quote:
Got to say that when Ian was in Blackburn Royal before the merger the ward was spotless.

As for the doctor, do we know that he didn't complain to management? Would imagine going to the press and putting his job on the line would be a last resort to try and get things improved!!
The hospital might have looked spotless (especially if you were in the new bit) but MRSA and the more deadly c difficile were still about before the merger.

You'd have thought they'd have gone to the paper as a last resort but it seems not according to the article Katex posted and what I've heard off staff.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:04   #129
God Member

Quote:
The hospital might have looked spotless (especially if you were in the new bit) but MRSA and the more deadly c difficile were still about before the merger.

You'd have thought they'd have gone to the paper as a last resort but it seems not according to the article Katex posted and what I've heard off staff.
It wasn't the new hospital it was Blackburn Royal!!! Management are hardly going to say that a member of staff has complained and they haven't acted, anyway you are going to think one thing and me another. Still think they could consult the patients after all they are at the forefront of all this!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:19   #130
God Member

Quote:
It wasn't the new hospital it was Blackburn Royal!!! Management are hardly going to say that a member of staff has complained and they haven't acted, anyway you are going to think one thing and me another. Still think they could consult the patients after all they are at the forefront of all this!!!
They do consult patients in the post, at random, after you have been in hospital. I have received several myself so I think they must send a large amount out.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:31   #131
God Member

Quote:
They do consult patients in the post, at random, after you have been in hospital. I have received several myself so I think they must send a large amount out.
That is the first time I have heard anything about that, would be interesting to know if any other members have received this. What I meant was to give questionaires to patients who would then have the option of filling them in.

Interesting that none of the health workers who are members on here have commented, maybe because they have been warned that their jobs are at risk if they discuss their concerns That is not a guess on my part I have been told that this in private!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:38   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
That is the first time I have heard anything about that, would be interesting to know if any other members have received this. What I meant was to give questionaires to patients who would then have the option of filling them in.

Interesting that none of the health workers who are members on here have commented, maybe because they have been warned that their jobs are at risk if they discuss their concerns That is not a guess on my part I have been told that this in private!!
i have stayed in hospital 3 times inlast 4 yrs n never had one of these questionaires, dont doubt that they are sent to folk though, so i for one doubt it is a large amount, maybe they select who gets one? if as cyfr claims he has spoken to staff, he must be well aware of their position to comment, therefore he is choosing to ignore that fact fer his own reasons,
Old 03-08-2008, 12:42   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have stayed in hospital 3 times inlast 4 yrs n never had one of these questionaires, dont doubt that they are sent to folk though, so i for one doubt it is a large amount, maybe they select who gets one? if as cyfr claims he has spoken to staff, he must be well aware of their position to comment, therefore he is choosing to ignore that fact fer his own reasons,
As you know Ian was in both Blackburn Royal and the Cardiac Centre at Blackpool Royal and my Mum has been in Royal Blackburn and Burnley General. Neither of them received any questionaire either, wonder if Jaysay got one??
Old 03-08-2008, 12:58   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
therefore he is choosing to ignore that fact fer his own reasons,
Don't be so daft. I'm not choosing to ignore it at all.
Old 03-08-2008, 13:10   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Don't be so daft. I'm not choosing to ignore it at all.
seems that way to me, after all that must surely be one of the most important sources, and it is being supressed. please show me your opposition to this fact n i will retract.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..