Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2007, 21:51   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
It is hard enough being disabled, without having to pay for the 'privilege' the, disabled person is more likely to need the hospitals services. These 'Trust' hospitals just seem to be a licence to print money for the funders.
Get a taxi then.

The rest of us have to pay so why should you get to park for free?
Old 18-07-2007, 21:55   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I work at Royal Blackburn its costs around £7.80 a month for staff to park, thats a full time permit, not that bad really.
It is ridiculous to charge staff to park at work. I have never had to pay to park at work. Where I work at the moment you park inside the secure car park with a card to get in and a big fence around it with cameras everywhere.

You forgot to mention that your £7.80 does not even guarantee you a parking space and that if it is full you have to pay to park on the other car park.
Old 18-07-2007, 21:57   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
If you over stay then you get fined. Everyone knows this so there is no excuse. And not being nasty but why should disabled people get it for free? My grandmother is registered as disable because of a dodgy arm she as but she parks and goes about her business fine.
Everyone does indeed know that if you overstay you get fined. What people attending hospital do not know is how long they will be before being able to return to their car.

What would you do if you had to attend Casualty for something? How long would you book your parking place for? 1hour? 2 hours? 4 hours? You have no idea how long you will be so you take a guess at 2 hours. Surely you will be seen within that time? Won’t you?

OK! So you play it safe and book your place for 4 hours and luck is on your side and you are back out within an hour. What are you going to do, sit in your car for the next three hours just to use up your time? Or accept having paid for something that you will not use.

This whole Pay and Display scheme is wrong and just a money spinner for the firm that runs the car park.

Incidentally disabilities come in all forms and your gran’s arm disability wouldn’t qualify her for a Blue Badge. And that is what this issue is about. Not disabled people but Blue Badge holders. It helps to read the opening thread before putting fingers to keyboard.
Old 18-07-2007, 22:00   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Get a taxi then.

Are you in a position to give advise like this when you are in good health.
At your age you have no idea what people older than you have to suffer or endure. If you can afford a Taxi, good, but if you are on limited income, as most pensioners are, a taxi will pay for a meal the next day. Three or four journeys to the hospital in one week will pay for Three or four meals.
Get the message?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Mick; 19-07-2007 at 08:07.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 22:03   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Get a taxi then.

Why should someone get a taxi when they have their own car and a Blue Badge? It’s a bit like buying a guard dog and sitting up all night barking yourself.

Blue Badge holders get free parking because that is the law. If you are jealous of the privilege then get the law changed.
Old 18-07-2007, 22:36   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Are you in a position to give advise like this when you are in good health.
At your age you have no idea what people older than you have to suffer or endure. If you can afford a Taxi, good, but if you are on limited income, as most pensioners are, a taxi will pay for a meal the next day. Three or four journeys to the hospital in one week will pay for Three or four meals.
Get the message?
Are you suggesting all pensioners should have free parking too?

Last edited by Mick; 19-07-2007 at 08:08.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 22:37   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
If you are jealous of the privilege then get the law changed.

...or get Parkinson's Disease. I'll give you tips on the shake 'n' shuffle.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 23:01   #23
Senior Member+

Blue Badge holders get free parking because that is the law. If you are jealous of the privilege then get the law changed.[/quote]

not up here they dont,any private carpark blue badge holders still have to pay,there are however more than enough places (middle of town)free for bbh,and as for paying for parking in hospitals i think thats wrong for anyone having to pay,is there not a free pickup service for those who attend hospital for treatment? and as for parking it should be everyone pays or everyone get it free
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 07:51   #24
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
is there not a free pickup service for those who attend hospital for treatment?

Oh dear, can somebody please help me up off the floor?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 08:08   #25

i think parking should be free for all staff more so .if your going to charge then give staff a very reduced rate everyone else should pay the same after all everyone argues not to be discriminated against.lets not forget the firms that run these car parks run them for the hospital trusts they work under the rules and prices set by the hospital trust
Old 19-07-2007, 08:39   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Oh dear, can somebody please help me up off the floor?
what are you saying?
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 08:49   #27
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i say it should be free for all!, paying to see a doctor is stupid, can you imagine if you had to be there all day for weeks because you have someone in there who is very ill!!.

wheres all this money go anyhow?
they must be raking in thousands!!....a day!
Old 19-07-2007, 08:50   #28
God Member

There is no free transport service for hospital visits. I once struggled home after outpatient surgery on my foot. After completion of a minor op and with a bandaged foot that I was told not to walk on, I was advised that there was no ambulance and I should get myself a taxi - didnt even get a set of crutches!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 08:50   #29
Resident Waffler

Quote:
what are you saying?
The idea of getting free transport to hospital. You've either got to laugh or cry.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 09:05   #30
God Member

Quote:

,is there not a free pickup service for those who attend hospital for treatment?
Yes there is........I went to Preston for a minor op and was told not to drive.
A car was sent for me in Darwen to go to Preston and another car picked me up in Preston and brought me back to Darwen. Free
Contact your GP to arrange

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..