Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2007, 13:24   #76
Resident Waffler

Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
WillowTheWhisp - I do believe that jimbob100 in his post #49 quoted:
And you misquote him and tell him he is wrong then go and make the same quote.

Is it so important to your over inflated ego that you are always right?
No, I actually pointed out that I'd quoted the same site but I highlighted the two bullet points in red which he seemed to have glossed over when he said that you can park anywhere as long as you stick your disabled badge in the window and don't stay longer than 3 hours. I was actually pointing out that the other two bullet points mean exactly what I'd said previously when he'd said that I was wrong - i.e. that you cannot park just anywhere with a disabled badge, that there are restrictions and that you have to accept that. He even quoted those restrictions so how can I be wrong for drawing attention to them?

Are you making this some sort of personal vendetta?

OK, now let's look at this free transport issue. There's a collecting ambulance bus type thing which picks people up from home, takes them to hospital. It goes round to all the houses of all the people it is picking up. It cannot guarantee your arrival time. If you have an appointment at 9am and the ambulance bus doesn't get there until 10:30 what use is that? You'd probably get hassle from the hospital for being late. The transport works in some cases. In many it doesn't. For those that it does work for it is no doubt a Godsend but there are still many people who need to get there before it does and/or are still there and need to get home after it has gone.

Can you accept that? Or is it simply because I'm saying it that you feel it can't possibly be right?

I'd actually sympathised with your point of view at the start of this thread but I'm beginning to be swayed the other way now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2007, 13:53   #77
Resting in peace

Quote:
WillowTheWhisp, OK, now let's look at this free transport issue. There's a collecting ambulance bus type thing which picks people up from home, takes them to hospital. It goes round to all the houses of all the people it is picking up. It cannot guarantee your arrival time. If you have an appointment at 9am and the ambulance bus doesn't get there until 10:30 what use is that? You'd probably get hassle from the hospital for being late. The transport works in some cases. In many it doesn't. For those that it does work for it is no doubt a Godsend but there are still many people who need to get there before it does and/or are still there and need to get home after it has gone.
I agree, this form of transport is not a lot of use to patients with 'bowel or waterworks' problems, a disability just as much as the inabillity to walk etc. Blue badges are for any disabled person car owner or not, they can be used in anyones car providing the bearer is in it, or for business on behalf of the holder, ie- collection of prescription or shopping on behalf of the said holder.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 13:55   #78
I am Banned

Hospital transport ambulance is a god-send to those who have no means of transport or would struggle immensely with public transport systems, my youngest had to rely on that service cos at times it was essential, yes they do pick ups to others on the way as well - but with that system you have to book it yourself & take that into account even getting the earlier pick up times to ensure you make your appointment. I cant personally fault them they do an invaluable service - especially with residential home residents. In fact more regular than the direct bus service to the Royal these days from accy
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 14:09   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ps: i noticed the karma thing this forum has and the comments left yet for some reason my life or thoughts on this matter dont seem to have changed at all, maybe if i had a blue badge i would get more sympathy---------------- jimbob you are either on a differant planet or thick, the negative was for the language you used, not many have a fouler mouth than me,so i aint mr wonderful, BUT as this is a FAMILY forum, plus im more careful who i swear at, thats why you got the negative. nowt wrong with a differant viewpoint.but use yer head a bit.
Old 20-07-2007, 14:34   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Oh dear! And There was me thinking that all the previous posts on this thread were concerned with parking charges in hospital car parks. I shall have to pay alot more attention next time.

Anyway, if people don't want to pay parking charges they can always walk, use public transport, and for those in need, use the NHS patient transport facility. Or they again, they can park and not pay and then get clamped. There are plenty of choices there - so what's the problem?
the problem is mr tealeaf that some people have nothing better to do than moan and take pleasure in thinking that they are superior to others, i merely stated my reasons why disabled people should pay which is after all the subject of this thread only to be battered down for picking on the poor dears for daring to say they shouldnt be treated different to anyone else

is it realy any wonder i told them to **** off and i dare say i wont be the last
jimbob100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 14:42   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob100 View Post

is it realy any wonder i told them to **** off and i dare say i wont be the last
no you used that language either cos you think your a big man,or your too dim to use owt else.
Old 20-07-2007, 15:08   #82
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

What planet are you on WillowTheWhisp? Go and look at jimbob100’s post #49. He didn’t gloss over anything. Here let me help you it is like this.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Disabled badge holders do not have an automatic right to park on double yellow lines
yes they do , you pull up on the yellow lines , stick your blue clock in the window , display your badge picture down and your set for 3 hours

anyone with a blue badge knows this and if they didnt they do now
Quote:
Parking on Yellow Lines
Nearside/offside parking for Blue Badge holders is allowed on yellow lines as long as:

you do not cause an obstruction,
there are no loading restrictions, and
you do not park for longer than 3 hours.
taken from here

Parking For Blue Badge Holders

anyway where a blue badge can be used isnt the point the point is disabled people should pay like everyone else has to
Quote:
Are you making this some sort of personal vendetta?
Eh! Just because I pointed out that you were telling jimbob100 off and then quoting back at him what he had already quoted and thus making yourself look foolish you think that is a vendetta? My you do have a high opinion of yourself.

Why can’t you accept that in your haste to prove your self imposed superiority you boobed.

You can look at the ‘free transport issue’ all you like but I haven’t addressed it so what am I supposed to accept? I have no view about that point. If I had I would have published it. Oh! I get it! Bring in an irrelevant point to try and deflect things from the real point.
Quote:
I'd actually sympathised with your point of view at the start of this thread but I'm beginning to be swayed the other way now.
That says it all. Just because I had the audacity to point out to the “I am never wrong WillowTheWhisp” that she was wrong you are ready to change your opinion so that it doesn’t mirror my own. That’s an attitude I could expect from a Kindergarten.
Old 20-07-2007, 15:37   #83
Resident Waffler

OK Jambutty, you are obviously missing the point I tried to make so will admit that maybe I didn't make it very well. I'll try again:

I said that disabled badge holders don't have an automatic right to park anywhere. That's a fact. They don't. They don't have the right to park in certain restricted areas under any circumstances, disabled badge or no disabled badge.

Jimbob argued that "yes they do" provided they use the badge they can park anywhere they like for 3 hours and then went on to prove his point by quoting from a website - the very quotation which he used was actually backing up what I'd said that in fact they don't have the right to park anywhere. That right is restricted in two specific instances. I repeated the quotation and highlighted in red those two specific instances in order to clarify my point that simply having a blue badge does not entitle someone to park just anywhere for 3 hours.

He'd contradicted his viewpoint by the quotation he'd provided in order to support it? Do you understand now? Or are you still determined to argue that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Why are you so adamant that I am a stubborn know it all who is refusing to admit she is wrong when in fact I am not actually, in this specific instance, wrong. If I am wrong I will admit to being wrong and if I have misled anyone with any false information I will apologise but I have known disabled badge holders get booked for parking where they shouldn't and argue the toss that they are within their rights because they have a blue (or previously it was orange) badge.

The second paragraph was a follow-up to other points in the thread on the subject of the free transport which is available which I have agreed is a Godsend for those for whom it is applicable. It isn't relevant for everyone. If it were there wouldn't be a need for a car park for patients at all would there?

In the beginning I was in support of your view about the unfairness of the charges for disabled patients but having read some of the valid points put forward by others I am now beginning to see it from a different point of view. Isn't that allowed? Am I not permitted to change my mind based on information and points put forward by other people? I thought that was the whole purpose of a sensible adult debate not a symptom of 'the Kindergarten attitude'.

Old 20-07-2007, 15:58   #84
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

When in a hole WillowTheWhisp – stop digging.
Old 20-07-2007, 16:01   #85
I am Banned

actualy i said if you dont like paying then park on yellow lines, i did not say park anywhere you like,you got picky to prove a point and tried to make it appear that i was wrong in saying that blue badges can park on yellow lines,as i mentioned my mother has a blue badge and i am very aware of where you can and can not park with the badge as i have actualy taken the time to read the literature that came with the badge, as for free parking it is a courtesy of carparks that you dont have to pay with a blue badge not the law as many carparks especialy in blackpool do not provide free disabled parking,what they do provide is disabled spaces with more room which means disabled people are treat exactly the same as able bodied people and pay the same but get a little extra room to get out of their cars,like i said if you dont like paying and have a blue badge park it on the yellow lines and hope you dont get your wing mirror smashed off by passing traffic.
jimbob100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 16:15   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i never took issue with what you said yer entitled to yer view, i took issue with the "Foul Language" you used on a family forum, thats summat you dont/or will not recognise, and seem to think is acceptable when people "moan" or not agree with you.
Old 20-07-2007, 16:31   #87
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
When in a hole WillowTheWhisp – stop digging.
How on earth do you conclude that I am in a hole? Did Jimbob say or did he not say:

Quote:
yes they do , you pull up on the yellow lines , stick your blue clock in the window , display your badge picture down and your set for 3 hours

anyone with a blue badge knows this and if they didnt they do now
and then back it up with a quote which contradicted that?

How is that me digging myself into a hole? The point is still valid. There are places you cannot park and those places are quoted on that website.

How much simpler can it be put? You cannot just pull up on ANY yellow lines and park for 3 hours.

Old 20-07-2007, 16:59   #88

Hello there, i have just been told that all the money that they get in fine,s go,s back in to r,b,h, to keep the place running
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 17:21   #89
God Member

Flower Power - dont be discouraged. I have been a member for a couple of months - been to one meet - and met a lot of nice people. Sometimes a newbie comes along who stirs things up either by trolling or by using foul language. Then it appears the cavalry descend and the troll gets removed or the swearer gets told to behave or else. Meanwhile tempers have been frayed and some small differences loom larger than they actually are - dont leave just for some hot debate in this one thread.
Ps - the newbie I responded to has been removed ?

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-07-2007 at 17:24.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 17:34   #90
Beacon of light

When I first started work at QPH...which was what it was long before it was the RBH...parking was free.........and we had loads of car crime....cars being broken into, wing mirrors ripped off windscreens broken...just for fun.
The hospital brought in parking charges which paid for the car park to be manned and patrolled, it paid for security cameras and increased the lighting of the site.......car crime dropped to almost Zero......the hospital did not make a profit....every penny that was levied went back into the security.
I for one was happy to pay my parking charges knowing that my vehicle (which was essential for me to get to duty) was being looked after.
The parking attendants were also extremely helpful if, after a 13 hour shift you found yourself with a flat tyre.......although strictly it wasn't part of their remit, they would help you to change a wheel.
Now i haven't worked at that hospital for 5 years so i don't know what the situation is now, with regard to whether the hospital makes a profit on Parking charges. Parking charges are a fact of life and I suppose if you drive, you have to be prepared to pay to park.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..