Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2007, 19:03   #46
Resident Waffler

Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
If my mother had been taken to hospital by ambulance one of my family members would be there for her work or not.
One of the first things the medical staff would ask 'Is here anyone you would like us to contact?'
Free transport by ambulance was provided by the Ambulance Service to take your mum to hospital, that is where the contract ends.
If it was considered unsafe to send the lady home by the medical staff they would have not allowed her to go.
You are lucky that you have family members with cars within travelling distance then. I am her only daughter and at the time did not have a car. Friends who do not work also do not have cars. My uncle (her brother) who lives in Accrington rides a bike and my other uncle the car driver lives in Chesterfield. A bit far to travel even if he did get time off work to come for her.

She wouldn't expect neighbours to get time off work and I hardly think neighbours bosses would consider it a valid reason to have time off either. All situations are not equal.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2007, 19:07   #47
I am Banned

bloody right disabled people should pay charges , they get the extra space they need to get out of their cars and get closer access to the building so realy they should pay more if anything.

been disabled dosnt make you any poorer or richer than anyone else infact if you have a blue badge its most likely you get a free car or about 55 quid a week mobility allowance so yes they should pay like everyone else does

staff should be free but apart from that if the rest of the public have to pay so should disabled people

i wouldnt mind but most people i see with blue badges dont seem unable to walk a few extra yards anyway so screw them and even if they are in a wheelchair so what , disabled people have been crying out for years for equal rights but soon cry when it means they have to pay like normal people

you want free parking for disabled people then park in blackburn multi story and walk to the bloody hospital then at least you got your free parking or simply stick it on the double yellow lines outside the building
jimbob100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 19:08   #48
Resident Waffler

Disabled badge holders do not have an automatic right to park on double yellow lines.

Old 19-07-2007, 19:19   #49
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Disabled badge holders do not have an automatic right to park on double yellow lines.
yes they do , you pull up on the yellow lines , stick your blue clock in the window , display your badge picture down and your set for 3 hours

anyone with a blue badge knows this and if they didnt they do now

Quote:
Parking on Yellow Lines
Nearside/offside parking for Blue Badge holders is allowed on yellow lines as long as:

you do not cause an obstruction,
there are no loading restrictions, and
you do not park for longer than 3 hours.
taken from here

Parking For Blue Badge Holders

anyway where a blue badge can be used isnt the point the point is disabled people should pay like everyone else has to

Last edited by jimbob100; 19-07-2007 at 19:23.
jimbob100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 19:30   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats a real narrowminded view jimbob,- we have to pay so the disabled have to pay,pathetic, no-one should have to pay on hospital car parks.
Old 19-07-2007, 19:35   #51
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob100 View Post
bloody right disabled people should pay charges , they get the extra space they need to get out of their cars and get closer access to the building so realy they should pay more if anything.

been disabled dosnt make you any poorer or richer than anyone else infact if you have a blue badge its most likely you get a free car or about 55 quid a week mobility allowance so yes they should pay like everyone else does

staff should be free but apart from that if the rest of the public have to pay so should disabled people

i wouldnt mind but most people i see with blue badges dont seem unable to walk a few extra yards anyway so screw them and even if they are in a wheelchair so what , disabled people have been crying out for years for equal rights but soon cry when it means they have to pay like normal people

you want free parking for disabled people then park in blackburn multi story and walk to the bloody hospital then at least you got your free parking or simply stick it on the double yellow lines outside the building
It seems to me that those people who are whinging about Blue Badge holders getting free parking in Municipal car parks and some private car parks and also at on-street Pay and Display parking do so because they cannot stand the thought of someone having a small advantage over them. Sheer selfish jealousy!!!

May you never be in the situation where you become disabled to the degree that walking is a painful exercise. If you did you would change your boorish attitude sharply.

Incidentally having a Blue Badge does not qualify you for a free car. So get your facts straight before shooting off your foul mouth.
Old 19-07-2007, 19:47   #52
Resting in peace

Quote:
jimbob100,
anyway where a blue badge can be used isnt the point the point is disabled people should pay like everyone else has to
Shame on you, the very reason disabled car parking spaces were created was to make life a little easier for the disadvantaged in our society. For you to state that they should be penalised because they have not got the options open to an able bodied person is a disgrace!
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 21:21   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I think and hope that post will cause you problems.
I quite agree, but if you do see an abusive post just report it, don't quote it. It makes the mods job harder to get rid of it, if it is duplicated in a quote.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 21:50   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I quite agree, but if you do see an abusive post just report it, don't quote it. It makes the mods job harder to get rid of it, if it is duplicated in a quote.
Sorry........I stand corrected.......I did report it.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 21:53   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Sorry........I stand corrected.......I did report it.

Wasn't having a go Roy, just letting other people know what to do if anyone's abusive or obscene.

Luckily the mods (Len? ) were on it like a shot, but sometimes they aren't online.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 22:47   #56

disabled parking bays are one thing and yes they should be as close as possible to were the disabled person wants to go .but i think if there is a charge than a charge should be made to everyone.that way equality what everyone wants is put in to practice
Old 19-07-2007, 23:02   #57
God Member

I would agree that no one should pay at a hospital. But if there is to be a charge then disabled should pay.

I agree disabled should have a badge. I agree disabled should have parking bays and I agree they should be as close as possible to the facilities they are visiting.. But why shouldn't they pay. There not getting a lesser service than able bodied, Quite the opposite in fact, and theres no reason to assume they have any less money than a pensioner, tax dodger or unemployed.

However again.. I agree that at a hospital no one should be paying to park.
Old 19-07-2007, 23:08   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats exactly the song everyone should be singing (nobody should pay) not wether disabled people should be charged cos i am.
Old 19-07-2007, 23:48   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its very easy to attack the disabled n unfortunates behind anonimity jimbob, at least Hitler did it upfront.
Old 20-07-2007, 08:04   #60
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowthewhisp

yes they do , you pull up on the yellow lines , stick your blue clock in the window , display your badge picture down and your set for 3 hours

anyone with a blue badge knows this and if they didnt they do now

taken from here

Again, I repeat - No, they don't.

Parking on Yellow Lines
Nearside/offside parking for Blue Badge holders is allowed on yellow lines as long as:
  • you do not cause an obstruction,
  • there are no loading restrictions, and
  • you do not park for longer than 3 hours.
taken from here

Well, whadya know - the very same website you claim to have quoted from.

You cannot just pull up anywhere and bung your blue badge in the window and stay for 3 hours. If you are causing an obstruction or if there are loading restrictions you are committing an offence.

Anyone with a blue badge ought to know this and if they didn't they do now. Although many, like you choose to ignore the first two bullet points (which I have emphasised in red) and insist on following only the latter and then complain if they 'get done'.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 20-07-2007 at 08:09.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..